2019-2020 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone get the Residency Status form from the admissions team? Hoping that's a sign

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call! :soexcited:Interviewed Feb 7.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call! First acceptance
Interview 2/21

Edit: email received following day

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone who knows, should MSTP applicants assume that they are either waitlisted or rejected if we havent heard anything yet, or are there more acceptances they are planning on sending out?

Reactions: 1 user
To anyone who knows, should MSTP applicants assume that they are either waitlisted or rejected if we havent heard anything yet, or are there more acceptances they are planning on sending out?

Also waiting to hear back post-interview

Any other 2/7 interviewees that have not heard back yet? I am seeing other people from 2/7 and even 2/21 that have gotten acceptances and I haven't heard anything

Any other 2/7 interviewees that have not heard back yet? I am seeing other people from 2/7 and even 2/21 that have gotten acceptances and I haven't heard anything

Looks like we're waiting until Monday for WL/R

Congratulations to all accepted applicants. If any fellow Latinxs would like to explore housing options, hmu! I am sure there will be an excel sheet soon with budget and preferences, but I haven't see that roll out yet. I would like to secure a lease early.

Anyone have insider info on when an official Facebook group will be made? It’s a little frustrating that the school I’m most likely going to attend has been by far the least communicative out of all the places I’ve been accepted. Every other school has already sent an abundance of info about second look, housing, etc and has had an official Facebook group for months... not to mention already feeling a little in the dark from CU about curriculum changes during the time we’re expected to be making this decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Not many of you 2/21-ers have heard back right? Saw someone post above about an acceptance but just assumed that was an early one

Anyone have insider info on when an official Facebook group will be made? It’s a little frustrating that the school I’m most likely going to attend has been by far the least communicative out of all the places I’ve been accepted. Every other school has already sent an abundance of info about second look, housing, etc and has had an official Facebook group for months... not to mention already feeling a little in the dark from CU about curriculum changes during the time we’re expected to be making this decision.
Just checked, this may seem legitimate.

Was created the 28th, and the admins are current students.

Hey Everyone,
Current MS1 here. I'm one of the Pro Reps so I probably met a few of you on interview day. Sorry for the lack of a Facebook page, but we're just finishing up 2 blocks right now so we are all crazy busy. We have created a Facebook page for the class of 2024. There should be an email from the admissions office going out soon with an invitation, but I'll just share it now because I know some of you are wanting to join. It's the same as was previously posted but here's the link again. Log into Facebook | Facebook
Second Look Day will be Friday, April 3. This date has been on the admissions website, but again a more detailed email from the admissions office will be going out soon. Thanks everybody and best of luck with this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance email but no call? Interviewed 2/21
heyyy me too! Back in October. I'm fine with no call but it just seemed like everyone else got one, so of course I had those fears that my A was a mistake haha

MSTP R today. Very disheartened, but I wish those who were accepted the best of luck! Colorado is an excellent school, and I would have loved to pursue my medical education here. All the best to those still waiting!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the information for second look day! You have the option to bring a guest... who are you going to bring, if anyone? Also — what’s the attire for second look day?

Just got the information for second look day! You have the option to bring a guest... who are you going to bring, if anyone? Also — what’s the attire for second look day?

I'm bringing one of my parents because I'm from the region and they're nearby lol
As for dress code I'm not sure but I think it's usually school specific so if anybody decides to email and ask that would be great if you could share the info!

I'm going business casual. But I'm sure an email will go out before then with some more information. No need to impress with formal wear anymore (i.e. no tie).

Oh I mean via the AMCAS commit to enroll tool. I know April 30 is the preliminary deadline for plan to enroll but is there a date over the summer when students have to commit?

Oh I mean via the AMCAS commit to enroll tool. I know April 30 is the preliminary deadline for plan to enroll but is there a date over the summer when students have to commit?
July 3rd - "Commit to enroll" is required to be selected by the accepted students matriculating to CUSOM.

Any ISers get filed as "nonresident" after submitting their residency form? I lived in Colorado all my life lmao

• Haha
Checked the admissions website today for updated stats:
  • Interviewed Applicants: 901
  • Acceptance Offers: 300
Anyone know if they are accepting more than 184 students this year since they've interviewed more candidates?

Looking for advice from all OOS applicants who got a S, II and A. I love CUSOM but I have heard it's notorious for favoring in state applicants. I am applying next cycle and would say I have really good ECs (length and hour wise) and a good PS, however I have a 3.5 gpa (death of family member during undergrad caused grade drop). I am studying for the MCAT now so I don't have that score. I am really worried that I am going to get "filtered out" because of my GPA. Anyone have any advice or tips on how they stood out to CUSOM to get an OOS interview?

Anyone know if they are accepting more than 184 students this year since they've interviewed more candidates?

Looking at previous years, I saw they gave more acceptance offers with less interviewed applicants. For example, ~330 offers with only ~690 interviewed. If they’ve interviewed that many more this year I’m assuming they will be giving out more offers? They also kept mentioning the near 50% acceptance offer rate from those who interviewed... but that would mean at least 100 more offers. In that case, I could see that they could be accepting more. Or at the very least, I am hoping so.

CUSOM will not be accepting more than 184 students this year.

Guess what I posted previously was a typo; now the tracker says this:
  • Interviewed Applicants: 743

Looking for advice from all OOS applicants who got a S, II and A. I love CUSOM but I have heard it's notorious for favoring in state applicants. I am applying next cycle and would say I have really good ECs (length and hour wise) and a good PS, however I have a 3.5 gpa (death of family member during undergrad caused grade drop). I am studying for the MCAT now so I don't have that score. I am really worried that I am going to get "filtered out" because of my GPA. Anyone have any advice or tips on how they stood out to CUSOM to get an OOS interview?

I have a 3.0 ugpa so don’t worry about ur gpa. My EC are super great. How did I stand out? Who knows this whole process is luck.

What do you guys think the chances are that Colorado's Second Look will get canceled?