You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Colorado
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got the form on 2/10 after my 2/7 interview and no news yet. But fingers crossed!Did everyone get the Residency Status form from the admissions team? Hoping that's a sign
AlexCarusoStan
Full Member
I think everyone who is interviewed is also asked to complete the residency form.Did everyone get the Residency Status form from the admissions team? Hoping that's a sign
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
puzzlebox1212
New Member
Has anyone heard from Colorado’s MSTP?
I know of two people have been admitted from the Jan 30-31 & Feb 16-17 interviews. Otherwise I've had silence.Has anyone heard from Colorado’s MSTP?
VersaceBuffalo
Full Member
+1Just got the acceptance call!Interviewed Feb 7.
Dr. Fischer
New Member
Congrats! Stats? IS or OOS? Max bench press?Just got the call! First acceptance
Interview 2/21
Congrats! Stats? IS or OOS? Max bench press?
OOS
514, 3.84
M, 22
Weight: 196
Height: 5’10’
Black hair
272 lb back in the day
benlucero123
Full Member
Acceptance email but no call? Interviewed 2/21
Email today or yesterday? Congrats!!!Acceptance email but no call? Interviewed 2/21
benlucero123
Full Member
Just nowEmail today or yesterday? Congrats!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who knows, should MSTP applicants assume that they are either waitlisted or rejected if we havent heard anything yet, or are there more acceptances they are planning on sending out?
Also waiting to hear back post-interview
Also waiting to hear back post-interview
+2
Sphincter_of_Oddi
New Member
Any other 2/7 interviewees that have not heard back yet? I am seeing other people from 2/7 and even 2/21 that have gotten acceptances and I haven't heard anything
Looks like we're waiting until Monday for WL/R
Congratulations to all accepted applicants. If any fellow Latinxs would like to explore housing options, hmu! I am sure there will be an excel sheet soon with budget and preferences, but I haven't see that roll out yet. I would like to secure a lease early.
colorado1234
Full Member
Anyone have insider info on when an official Facebook group will be made? It’s a little frustrating that the school I’m most likely going to attend has been by far the least communicative out of all the places I’ve been accepted. Every other school has already sent an abundance of info about second look, housing, etc and has had an official Facebook group for months... not to mention already feeling a little in the dark from CU about curriculum changes during the time we’re expected to be making this decision.
Just checked, this may seem legitimate.Anyone have insider info on when an official Facebook group will be made? It’s a little frustrating that the school I’m most likely going to attend has been by far the least communicative out of all the places I’ve been accepted. Every other school has already sent an abundance of info about second look, housing, etc and has had an official Facebook group for months... not to mention already feeling a little in the dark from CU about curriculum changes during the time we’re expected to be making this decision.
Was created the 28th, and the admins are current students.
_Dr_Sam
New Member
Hey Everyone,
Current MS1 here. I'm one of the Pro Reps so I probably met a few of you on interview day. Sorry for the lack of a Facebook page, but we're just finishing up 2 blocks right now so we are all crazy busy. We have created a Facebook page for the class of 2024. There should be an email from the admissions office going out soon with an invitation, but I'll just share it now because I know some of you are wanting to join. It's the same as was previously posted but here's the link again. Log into Facebook | Facebook
Second Look Day will be Friday, April 3. This date has been on the admissions website, but again a more detailed email from the admissions office will be going out soon. Thanks everybody and best of luck with this cycle!
Current MS1 here. I'm one of the Pro Reps so I probably met a few of you on interview day. Sorry for the lack of a Facebook page, but we're just finishing up 2 blocks right now so we are all crazy busy. We have created a Facebook page for the class of 2024. There should be an email from the admissions office going out soon with an invitation, but I'll just share it now because I know some of you are wanting to join. It's the same as was previously posted but here's the link again. Log into Facebook | Facebook
Second Look Day will be Friday, April 3. This date has been on the admissions website, but again a more detailed email from the admissions office will be going out soon. Thanks everybody and best of luck with this cycle!
heyyy me too! Back in October. I'm fine with no call but it just seemed like everyone else got one, so of course I had those fears that my A was a mistake hahaAcceptance email but no call? Interviewed 2/21
MSTP R today. Very disheartened, but I wish those who were accepted the best of luck! Colorado is an excellent school, and I would have loved to pursue my medical education here. All the best to those still waiting!
anyone still waiting to hear post-II?
Me! I feel like it's unusual to wait this long & it's making me antsy. I know what the news probably is but I just wanna know, ya know?anyone still waiting to hear post-II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Schrodinger's Chat
Full Member
Just got the information for second look day! You have the option to bring a guest... who are you going to bring, if anyone? Also — what’s the attire for second look day?
I'm bringing one of my parents because I'm from the region and they're nearby lol
As for dress code I'm not sure but I think it's usually school specific so if anybody decides to email and ask that would be great if you could share the info!
For those accepted, is there a deadline to commit to enroll for Colorado?
Within two weeks of receiving your acceptance letter via email.For those accepted, is there a deadline to commit to enroll for Colorado?
I'm going business casual. But I'm sure an email will go out before then with some more information. No need to impress with formal wear anymore (i.e. no tie).Just got the information for second look day! You have the option to bring a guest... who are you going to bring, if anyone? Also — what’s the attire for second look day?
Oh I mean via the AMCAS commit to enroll tool. I know April 30 is the preliminary deadline for plan to enroll but is there a date over the summer when students have to commit?
July 3rd - "Commit to enroll" is required to be selected by the accepted students matriculating to CUSOM.Oh I mean via the AMCAS commit to enroll tool. I know April 30 is the preliminary deadline for plan to enroll but is there a date over the summer when students have to commit?
benlucero123
Full Member
Any ISers get filed as "nonresident" after submitting their residency form? I lived in Colorado all my life lmao
Where does it say what you are considered?Any ISers get filed as "nonresident" after submitting their residency form? I lived in Colorado all my life lmao
Where does it say what you are considered?
Registrar sent out an email. I got mine today in the morning.
Checked the admissions website today for updated stats:
- Interviewed Applicants: 901
- Acceptance Offers: 300
Looking for advice from all OOS applicants who got a S, II and A. I love CUSOM but I have heard it's notorious for favoring in state applicants. I am applying next cycle and would say I have really good ECs (length and hour wise) and a good PS, however I have a 3.5 gpa (death of family member during undergrad caused grade drop). I am studying for the MCAT now so I don't have that score. I am really worried that I am going to get "filtered out" because of my GPA. Anyone have any advice or tips on how they stood out to CUSOM to get an OOS interview?
Checked the admissions website today for updated stats:
Anyone know if they are accepting more than 184 students this year since they've interviewed more candidates?
- Interviewed Applicants: 901
- Acceptance Offers: 300
Looking at previous years, I saw they gave more acceptance offers with less interviewed applicants. For example, ~330 offers with only ~690 interviewed. If they’ve interviewed that many more this year I’m assuming they will be giving out more offers? They also kept mentioning the near 50% acceptance offer rate from those who interviewed... but that would mean at least 100 more offers. In that case, I could see that they could be accepting more. Or at the very least, I am hoping so.
CUSOM will not be accepting more than 184 students this year.Checked the admissions website today for updated stats:
Anyone know if they are accepting more than 184 students this year since they've interviewed more candidates?
- Interviewed Applicants: 901
- Acceptance Offers: 300
+1alternate list today interviewed 2/7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guess what I posted previously was a typo; now the tracker says this:
- Interviewed Applicants: 743
- Acceptance Offers: 300
What tracker is thisGuess what I posted previously was a typo; now the tracker says this:
- Interviewed Applicants: 743
- Acceptance Offers: 300
What tracker is this
Admissions Home | School of Medicine | University of Colorado Denver
Bottom right of Admissions home page
D
deleted919212
Looking for advice from all OOS applicants who got a S, II and A. I love CUSOM but I have heard it's notorious for favoring in state applicants. I am applying next cycle and would say I have really good ECs (length and hour wise) and a good PS, however I have a 3.5 gpa (death of family member during undergrad caused grade drop). I am studying for the MCAT now so I don't have that score. I am really worried that I am going to get "filtered out" because of my GPA. Anyone have any advice or tips on how they stood out to CUSOM to get an OOS interview?
I have a 3.0 ugpa so don’t worry about ur gpa. My EC are super great. How did I stand out? Who knows this whole process is luck.
Interviewed Feb 7.