CanIGetAHoiYeah
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was 1/25 and heard back like weeks ago maybe even more than a month ago. Idk if this helps but it does appear like they are working in batches.I believe this is the case.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was 1/25 and heard back like weeks ago maybe even more than a month ago. Idk if this helps but it does appear like they are working in batches.I believe this is the case.
Acceptances have been received first via email and then through the mail. Rejections so far have been mailed but I wonder if they will be emailed because of COVID--people may have P.O. boxes, college students may have changed addresses when they moved home.In what form have people been receiving acceptances/rejections?
is there a difference between being deferred vs alternate list?
+1Alternate list just now
Interview Late Jan
Deferred Late Feb
I interviewed 1/17 and got deferred 2/21, haven't heard anything since.
I don't have access to MSAR. But if the one you guys do then, please tell us how many people get waitlisted and how many of those waitlisted get accepted. I don't see a lot of post-interview rejections in sdn for Giesinger so I was curious.
Wow rip to usSo It looks like 380 waitlist spots and 33 acceptances granted to those on the waitlist.
So It looks like 380 waitlist spots and 33 acceptances granted to those on the waitlist.
331 is waitlist and acceptance combined or just acceptance? I know most schools use a factor of 2 and just want to be sure. Btw thanks for helping us out.GCSoM has around 1000 interviews.
Out of those 1000 interviews, they extend about 331 offers.
Out of the 331 offered a seat, approximately 115 accept and matriculate.
I'm a current graduate student at GCSoM.
If anyone has any questions about the school, the surrounding area, or even the MBS program, feel free to PM me.
That is around 8.5 percent. So technically statistically alternative list buddies we have only 8.5 percent chances to be accepted to this college. So at a modest level given that I am OSS, I think for me it might be as low as 5 to 6 % then.So It looks like 380 waitlist spots and 33 acceptances granted to those on the waitlist.
I will be withdrawing today 🙂That is around 8.5 percent. So technically statistically alternative list buddies we have only 8.5 percent chances to be accepted to this college. So at a modest level given that I am OSS, I think for me it might be as low as 5 to 6 % then.
But then I also agree with SW8S that people might withdraw bc they have acceptance. Hopefully by end of April 200 of those approx 381 withdraw making chances for in-state acceptance to be around 20 percent and oos of state around 10 to 15 percent.
Honestly, I thought I had higher changes post-interview. Let's hope for the best.
For people who have accepted to their top choice and are in an alternative list, I hope they withdraw sooner than later.
Also, people, who have acceptance at Geisinger and want to go to another med school they have been accepted at I request them to withdraw sooner than later.
So people like me in the alternative list who are super interested in the school can see mobility sooner rather than later and plan things. 🙂
I am pretty sure it is ranked but they explicitly said in the email that they will not be disclosing that number.I also got put on the alternate list on the same day as everyone else. Interviewed 2/12, IS. I was wondering if this school has a high priority waitlist or if everyone gets put on the same waitlist?
Did all of your alternate email at the end state something along the lines that they will be in contact as soon as a spot becomes available?
The school itself has a pretty decent cafeteria. There is also a vendor that usually sets up shop across the street which I've heard is pretty good (never tried them). One of the best places to get food if you're on campus is the hospital across the street. They are not affiliated with Geisinger anymore, but they still give students 15% off (and the food is already cheap). It's my favorite place to get food when on campus, and it is surprisingly good for hospital cafeteria food.Any current students comment on local dining. What do you generally do for meals? Also is there a gym for students, if no any recommendations?
Thanks so much. Hate to ask a stupid question but which hospital are you referring to? I didn’t get much time to look around while I was up there. The commonwealth hospital next door is no longer affiliated with geisinger?The school itself has a pretty decent cafeteria. There is also a vendor that usually sets up shop across the street which I've heard is pretty good (never tried them). One of the best places to get food if you're on campus is the hospital across the street. They are not affiliated with Geisinger anymore, but they still give students 15% off (and the food is already cheap). It's my favorite place to get food when on campus, and it is surprisingly good for hospital cafeteria food.
One of my favorite places for Sushi is a little place called Yume about 10 minutes north of the school. There is an amazing tai place called tai tai in center city. Plenty of bars and whatnot in center city as well if you're into that.
Otherwise, there are tons of nice places to grab food like 2 blocks downtown from the school. And Coopers seafood (Yes, from the Office) is a 2 minute walk from school.
No gym for students, but there are a bunch of places around town. Don't have a recommendation, as I work out from home, sorry.
Thanks so much. Hate to ask a stupid question but which hospital are you referring to? I didn’t get much time to look around while I was up there. The commonwealth hospital next door is no longer affiliated with geisinger?
catch ya laterI am in the MBS program currently. The unofficial number is that Geisinger saves 20% of its MD seats for MBS graduates.Is there a large percentage of students accepted from the MBS program? I remember they touted it a lot on interview day, and it seems like a lot of current students who presented during the webinars completed the MBS program.
Thanks so much. Hate to ask a stupid question but which hospital are you referring to? I didn’t get much time to look around while I was up there. The commonwealth hospital next door is no longer affiliated with geisinger?
Commonwealth has no affiliation with the school
Yes, they have no affiliation. Other than giving students a nice food discount.
We hear every so often the possibility of a union, but nothing official ever seems to come of it.
Geisinger's hospital is a few blocks away though if that is your concern.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.