2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You should call them to confirm the R at least
Wow someone’s a bit lacking in social cues and empathy

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I remember them saying it could take 3-4 weeks for our batch so don’t think I have an R (hopefully!) just waiting to hear back.
I would not assume its an R like that other guy mentioned.. was a bit rude of him to do so. They only discuss so many interview dates over each adcom meeting. Hopefully you get that A today!

Reactions: 1 users
I would not assume its an R like that other guy mentioned.. was a bit rude of him to do so. They only discuss so many interview dates over each adcom meeting. Hopefully you get that A today!
Very true!! Thank you, hoping you get the A too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I meant well people lol, since I heard from DMU quite a while back and I think he shouldn't be left hanging so if he calls them at least they can confirm the R in the worst-case scenario and focus on other As or IIs.

They took the whole month of October when I interviewed. Decision was released Wednesday morning and I found out before the official email because the portal had the n/n+1 for required supplemental documents. Fingers crossed for you!

They took the whole month of October when I interviewed. Decision was released Wednesday morning and I found out before the official email because the portal had the n/n+1 for required supplemental documents. Fingers crossed for you!
Ah thank you that makes me feel a looooot better, I haven’t seen anything on my portal today but they emailed saying decisions should be released tonight so hoping for some good news!!

Interviewed 01/23 and received an acceptance from DMU about 1 hour ago!!
Does anyone know how soon DMU's deadline for deposits is at this point in the cycle?

Does anyone know how soon DMU's deadline for deposits is at this point in the cycle?

I think it is 2 weeks from the date of receiving your acceptance for the 1st deposit. 2nd deposit is due by May.

I think it is 2 weeks from the date of receiving your acceptance for the 1st deposit. 2nd deposit is due by May.

Thank you!! I might try to call them and see if they'll extend the first deadline for me by a week if that's the case. Hopefully they're a little flexible :oops:

Nice! Hopefully we all hear back today then! Anyone else hear?

Ah thank you that makes me feel a looooot better, I haven’t seen anything on my portal today but they emailed saying decisions should be released tonight so hoping for some good news!!

Good luck!! They usually send out an email around 8pm at night

Members don't see this ad :)
Trueeee, wondering if I should wait until quartiles are released in April though.. bleh at least not an R

Is it April? I thought it was mid March for some reason not sure where I got that from though.

Is it April? I thought it was mid March for some reason not sure where I got that from though.
I would be overjoyed if mid March but based on last couple years threads seems like April☹️ I’ll email them though!

Trueeee, wondering if I should wait until quartiles are released in April though.. bleh at least not an R
I will be writing one for the school that waitlisted me tomorrow. I think school looks at waitlist pile everytime they interview a new batch of students so it's better to write it early. It might be different with DMU though.

I would be overjoyed if mid March but based on last couple years threads seems like April☹ I’ll email them though!

gotcha gotcha that’s probably right then! Please let me know what they say if you do end up emailing them!

I’ve been reading on SDN for some time but have never posted until now. I have to say it’s been a great resource for someone who didn’t know what they were doing when it came to applying. Figured I’d share my story and offer some words of encouragement.

Late MCAT date- 9/13/2019. Primary in 10/15, II 11/19, interviewed 12/12, accepted 1/3.

I’m an atypical applicant (non-trad 29 y/o second career), and while I would never recommend anyone applying as late as I did, I guess I got lucky. It took me two cycles and three MCAT attempts (495/497/508) to get in. GPA 3.6, LM score 66.

If medicine is what you’re sure you want to do and for the right reasons, don’t give up on it no matter what. I still have the rejection email from DMU from 2017 (along with all the other programs- I got zero interviews that year).

Waiting to hear back from another program, but as of now it looks like I’ll be classmates with some of y’all this fall! Hit me up with any questions you have. I’m a very transparent person.
-Aaron

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Waitlisted! Best of luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I’ve been reading on SDN for some time but have never posted until now. I have to say it’s been a great resource for someone who didn’t know what they were doing when it came to applying. Figured I’d share my story and offer some words of encouragement.

Late MCAT date- 9/13/2019. Primary in 10/15, II 11/19, interviewed 12/12, accepted 1/3.

I’m an atypical applicant (non-trad 29 y/o second career), and while I would never recommend anyone applying as late as I did, I guess I got lucky. It took me three cycles and three MCAT attempts (495/497/508) to get in. GPA 3.6, LM score 66.

If medicine is what you’re sure you want to do and for the right reasons, don’t give up on it no matter what. I still have the rejection email from DMU from 2017 (along with all the other programs- I got zero interviews that year).

Waiting to hear back from another program, but as of now it looks like I’ll be classmates with some of y’all this fall! Hit me up with any questions you have. I’m a very transparent person.
-Aaron

WOW what a story! Thank you for sharing and congratulations! :)

Does anyone know if their current interviews are for waitlist?

Does anyone know if their current interviews are for waitlist?
Words around here are, if they invite you to interview, they have available spots to give out. However, the competitiveness of those spots at this late in the cycle is undoubtedly high compared to that of a few months back. We are in the end game now.

Words around here are, if they invite you to interview, they have available spots to give out. However, the competitiveness of those spots at this late in the cycle is undoubtedly high compared to that of a few months back. We are in the end game now.
Thank you sir/ma'am
time to put the game face on!!
1581475057173.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know the turn around time for hearing back from an interview at this point in the cycle? :)

does anyone know the turn around time for hearing back from an interview at this point in the cycle? :)
Interviewed on 1/17 and heard back 2 weeks later.

• Love
Any 1/30 interviewers here? Let’s keep in touch to know who has heard back.

There is an uphill battle awaiting us DO class of 2024. Let's fight it together!!

Flat out rejected :/ My interview definitely didn't go as well as I hoped but couldn't even get on the waitlist damn (LM ~69). Good luck to everyone else!

Mee, been refreshing my email all day but looks like we'll have to wait another week
Check portal, it's faster, see the new "Outstanding Requirement Confirmation" part shows up = Accepted.

Check portal, it's faster, see the new "Outstanding Requirement Confirmation" part shows up = Accepted.
What portal are you talking about? Cause DMU didn’t have a secondary application.

• Okay...
They send you access to a portal after you send you primary in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Thank you for answering this and being supportive, instead of rolling your eyes like @Whysoez (FYI your comments have been quite rude on this SDN, if you're not being nice then please leave).

Last edited:
  • Haha