-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ankiller96
New Member
I have seen 946 am pretty consistentlyWhat time have people heard in the past?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could be totally wrong but i’d think almost everyone besides the upcoming interviews would hear today- the next date is april 20th, which is after the april 15th date when people have to pare down acceptances, so i’d think they’d want to let as many people know before then as possible, but again this is totally speculation!Anyone think early Feb (1st week) interviews should hear today??
I could be totally wrong but i’d think almost everyone besides the upcoming interviews would hear today- the next date is april 20th, which is after the april 15th date when people have to pare down acceptances, so i’d think they’d want to let as many people know before then as possible, but again this is totally speculation!
I would be surprised if interviews in March heard back today, but who knows
That’s true they have been historically slow to get back to peopleI would be surprised if interviews in March heard back today, but who knows
I have seen 946 am pretty consistently
Guess not consistent today
I could be totally wrong but i’d think almost everyone besides the upcoming interviews would hear today- the next date is april 20th, which is after the april 15th date when people have to pare down acceptances, so i’d think they’d want to let as many people know before then as possible, but again this is totally speculation!
Praying to the all powerful covid-19 gods
girlwhoneedsanap
New Member
Accepted! Interviewed the second week of Jan!
SAME HERE! (Interview in Jan and acceptance just now). Email only, no call!Accepted! Interviewed the second week of Jan!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like last week of feb interviewees wont be hearing back today
FLooks like last week of feb interviewees wont be hearing back today
I am early February (3rd) and have not heard back. I am worried we may have to wait..since they are apparently just now on January.Any early feb interviews hear back?
macaroni713
Full Member
interviewed feb 2 & haven’t heard back. hopefully that wasn’t it & they send out more todayAny early feb interviews hear back?
botan1123
Full Member
Did either of you who interviewed in Jan and accepted today get deferred on the Jan 27 or feb 23 decision dates or just silence?
ankiller96
New Member
Interviewed second week of Jan and haven't heard anything
Interviewed second week of Jan and haven't heard anything
+1
girlwhoneedsanap
New Member
I wasn't deferred on the previous release dates!Did either of you who interviewed in Jan and accepted today get deferred on the Jan 27 or feb 23 decision dates or just silence?
So that means they’re likely only starting to review January people
That's what I'm thinking..which is horrible. We will find out end of April and be scrambling to narrow down and make decisions before April 30So that means they’re likely only starting to review January people
How are they gonna get though feb, March, April interviewees and deferred people in less than a month? Lol major yikes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They might release decisions between now until the next date. On the portal it says the dates are guidelines not actual dates when they are going to give out acceptances IIRC
D
deleted997576
Exactly this. Not only do decision dates tend to extend to cover the subsequent 3-4 days, but they have added decision dates in mid-months in the past. I believe last year they added a mid-March decision date IIRCThey might release decisions between now until the next date. On the portal it says the dates are guidelines not actual dates when they are going to give out acceptances IIRC
Since january, I interviewed in mid november. I have no other acceptances and this wait is so frustrating... at this point not sure if I’m going to be let go from my job as well due to covid-19 staffing cuts and i have no idea how to plan my next few monthsHow long have some of you been deferred?
Been deferred since the January decision date without hearing from them since then, and I interviewed in early November lolHow long have some of you been deferred?
botan1123
Full Member
Been deferred since the January decision date without hearing from them since then, and I interviewed in early November lol
Ugh I got the decision in December and I'm still waiting T_T
I interviewed the 2nd week of Feb and my interviewer said I'd find out this decision date... I really hope they're right about this haha
I was told I'd find out this decision date as well (I interviewed 1st week of Feb).. I dont know if they are sending out in batches or if Covid has them really behind. Don't know if I should just stop checking my email and expect to wait another month or what...I interviewed the 2nd week of Feb and my interviewer said I'd find out this decision date... I really hope they're right about this haha
The trend this cycle seems to be announcing acceptances all at once first, then deferrals, then rejections. Unless they're doing something new (adding decision dates before next month) or been severely delayed because of COVID-19 caused restructures... well, then everything is up in the air.I interviewed the 2nd week of Feb and my interviewer said I'd find out this decision date... I really hope they're right about this haha
Since December hereHow long have some of you been deferred?
sasquatch123
Full Member
my only hope is that they notify deferred applicants separately? I haven't seen that many deferred applicants get accepted yet - not sure tho
Purely speculation here, but my sense is that us deferred folks will probably hear after all interviews are over. We're in the pile of "good enough for interview, but not good enough for immediate acceptance" so until all interviews are complete and all the insta-accepted are through, they'll go through the deferred list as spots allow. Depends how many acceptances they give out in the interviews left, and then it depends on how many people who were accepted end up committing here. Maybe they'll pull people off the deferred list if enough people interviewed and reviewed since last decision date didn't make the accepted list.my only hope is that they notify deferred applicants separately? I haven't seen that many deferred applicants get accepted yet - not sure tho
Anecdotally, I've known Drexel to keep people on the deferral list-turned-wait-list up until first day of classes in August without ANY notification.
Hopefully I'm wrong, so we will see!
throwaway848683
New Member
Anyone who interviewed the last week of January hear back today?
Well this sucks. I'm lucky that I have another acceptance elsewhere so I'll probably just withdraw my app if I'm never even going to hear.Anecdotally, I've known Drexel to keep people on the deferral list-turned-wait-list up until first day of classes in August without ANY notification.
For reference, interviewed 10/17, deferred 11/25, silence since then.
medschool20202020
New Member
Accepted at 1:30 today!! First acceptance into a Med School!!
My timeline...
Complete: July 25th
Interview Invite: December 16th
Interview: January 27th
Acceptance: Today motherfuc....!!!
literally rebought the examkrackers CARS book last week and was going to restart studying for the MCAT today. NOPE!
My timeline...
Complete: July 25th
Interview Invite: December 16th
Interview: January 27th
Acceptance: Today motherfuc....!!!
literally rebought the examkrackers CARS book last week and was going to restart studying for the MCAT today. NOPE!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A!! interviewed early Jan
Congrats!! What time did you get accepted today?Accepted at 1:30 today!! First acceptance into a Med School!!
My timeline...
Complete: July 25th
Interview Invite: December 16th
Interview: January 27th
Acceptance: Today motherfuc....!!!
literally rebought the examkrackers CARS book last week and was going to restart studying for the MCAT today. NOPE!
Nvm I see 1:30 sorryCongrats!! What time did you get accepted today?
botan1123
Full Member
Woo got that A! Been WL at 4 other schools so this was nice
Interviewed 1/8/20
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just now or earlier??