-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
doctorsleep249
Full Member
Just got rejected. 2 waitlists and 2 rejections now.
pain
I am in same boat 1wl and 1 waiting. But we must soldier on...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got straight rejected... damn
My previous comment applies to you too! Good luck on the rest of your application cycle!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulpremedboi
Full Member
Thanks for the kind words you guys, making me cry more lol
gimmeinterwu
Full Member
So sorry guys, but this is only one school and it wasn’t meant to be!! Keep your heads up. When did you interview? This really helps us gauge where they are in the review process.
doctorsleep249
Full Member
sad they did not show any love to our community today...
Maybe today isn't the day then?
If you have to ask that question... it’s probably too much lolHow many love letters to schools is too much? I feel like Drexel may get sick of me *nervous laugh*
Sorry to hear about those who were rejected :/ . How did y'all feel about your interviews?
Me too! 🙂I'm here from mid october 🙂
sad they did not show any love to our com
LOL. I interviewed in September. I think I was in the second group at the begining of their interview cycle. My interviewer was the Dean of Admissions and I thought I nailed it. It's rigged for sure.Are there any deferred applicants who interviewed before December?
diabetes8763
Full Member
I feel ya I interviewed on September 30LOL. I interviewed in September. I think I was in the second group at the begining of their interview cycle. My interviewer was the Dean of Admissions and I thought I nailed it. It's rigged for sure.
Iwannagomedschoolplzletme
Full Member
Is being deferred just Drexel’s waitlist ?
angiogram36
Full Member
For those who heard news today, what date did y’all interview??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is being deferred just Drexel’s waitlist ?
No, it just means they are not ready to make a decision yet and you have to wait till another decision date
Iwannagomedschoolplzletme
Full Member
No, it just means they are not ready to make a decision yet and you have to wait till another decision date
Based on last years thread I didn’t see any deferred applicants get acceptances and were eventually waitlisted. Do you happen to know if being deferred gives me the same chance as the next batch of interviewees for an acceptance? Or is it essentially a soft waitlist?
Based on last years thread I didn’t see any deferred applicants get acceptances and were eventually waitlisted. Do you happen to know if being deferred gives me the same chance as the next batch of interviewees for an acceptance? Or is it essentially a soft waitlist?
I don’t know. That’s just what I’ve seen from this year’s thread. I don’t feel like it’s the same as a waitlist because you can be accepted before the end of April. Most schools wait to move the waitlist until April and May (or later).
this might be repetitive but...anyone here still hanging on with a pre-II hold??? silent R I’m guessing? Help plz
I still have one, but I took it as a silent R at this point since Thursday is the last interview day.
There were a ton of people on this thread who were deferred and then accepted the next month but it seems like everyone who didn’t get the acceptance one month after deferral (like me) is still waiting so could turn into WL not sureI don’t know. That’s just what I’ve seen from this year’s thread. I don’t feel like it’s the same as a waitlist because you can be accepted before the end of April. Most schools wait to move the waitlist until April and May (or later).
Last edited:
Wannabe_Surgeon
New Member
For those who heard news today, what date did y’all interview??
Needing answers from whomever is willing and able to provide. Since they changed their process from fixed decision dates to weekly review, it'd be really helpful to see how far along they are.
ONE person who heard back yesterday mentioned early February, which gives some info but is still ambiguous. If they're still on the interviewees from 1st week of February, then that's not much progress from last week (backlog, maybe). But if it's interviewees from the second week of February, then we can expect a trend of 1 week's batch of interviews / applications considered each Monday.
Needing answers from whomever is willing and able to provide. Since they changed their process from fixed decision dates to weekly review, it'd be really helpful to see how far along they are.
ONE person who heard back yesterday mentioned early February, which gives some info but is still ambiguous. If they're still on the interviewees from 1st week of February, then that's not much progress from last week (backlog, maybe). But if it's interviewees from the second week of February, then we can expect a trend of 1 week's batch of interviews / applications considered each Monday.
I interviewed first week of feb
Wannabe_Surgeon
New Member
Thank you! That specificity is helpful.
Sounds like they're pretty delayed - would have expected your response, then, back ~ March 23/24, based on your interview day...
Sounds like they're pretty delayed - would have expected your response, then, back ~ March 23/24, based on your interview day...
D
deleted1034652
I interview 1/8 and got deferred 3/24
Where did you find the match list for this year?Anyone know why Drexel has a match history that outperforms their ranking as a medical school? Sounds like this year followed previous trends and they had fantastic results
Anyone know why Drexel has a match history that outperforms their ranking as a medical school? Sounds like this year followed previous trends and they had fantastic results
because US News rank lists only matter to premeds and med school deans, not PDs
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
The match list apparently isn’t posted.Where did you find the match list for this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone:
Just a quick question - I interviewed last week (really enjoyed the program!) and was wondering about thank you notes. A day after my interview I emailed my admission host with thank you notes from my interviewer but never heard back from her and I'm a little paranoid that I had done it wrong.
I remember the host saying they don't give out emails so not sure how to proceed...just wondering, was this how you all did it? Or am I just being a stereotypical paranoid applicant?
Just a quick question - I interviewed last week (really enjoyed the program!) and was wondering about thank you notes. A day after my interview I emailed my admission host with thank you notes from my interviewer but never heard back from her and I'm a little paranoid that I had done it wrong.
I remember the host saying they don't give out emails so not sure how to proceed...just wondering, was this how you all did it? Or am I just being a stereotypical paranoid applicant?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
No worries! I sent a thank you note in general to the admissions office and a thank you note to my interviewer. No response from either and I felt weird to follow up on a thank you note so I’m sure they received it!Hi Everyone:
Just a quick question - I interviewed last week (really enjoyed the program!) and was wondering about thank you notes. A day after my interview I emailed my admission host with thank you notes from my interviewer but never heard back from her and I'm a little paranoid that I had done it wrong.
I remember the host saying they don't give out emails so not sure how to proceed...just wondering, was this how you all did it? Or am I just being a stereotypical paranoid applicant?
No worries! I sent a thank you note in general to the admissions office and a thank you note to my interviewer. No response from either and I felt weird to follow up on a thank you note so I’m sure they received it!
Thank you!
Yes. We had some very good matches this year. Sorry i cant say more.A current student said the results were great but admin hasn’t cleared to be shared publicly yet
Did you have a virtual interview? I have mine tomorrow and haven't gotten an email with the schedule yet so I was wondering how yours went?Hi Everyone:
Just a quick question - I interviewed last week (really enjoyed the program!) and was wondering about thank you notes. A day after my interview I emailed my admission host with thank you notes from my interviewer but never heard back from her and I'm a little paranoid that I had done it wrong.
I remember the host saying they don't give out emails so not sure how to proceed...just wondering, was this how you all did it? Or am I just being a stereotypical paranoid applicant?
Any deferred applicants hear back yet? I interviewed 1/7, and got deferred in late March.
Welp, if we can learn anything from this pandemic, it's that more workers are desperately needed in healthcare so my fingers and toes are tightly crossed for some good news!!!
Welp, if we can learn anything from this pandemic, it's that more workers are desperately needed in healthcare so my fingers and toes are tightly crossed for some good news!!!
12/5 interview, 2/25 deferrall, nothing yet fam.Any deferred applicants hear back yet? I interviewed 1/7, and got deferred in late March.
Welp, if we can learn anything from this pandemic, it's that more workers are desperately needed in healthcare so my fingers and toes are tightly crossed for some good news!!!
Some deferred heard on the December date, a few sprinkled in here and there through the last couple months of acceptances. Were either gonna be accepted or put on the wait list pretty soon in the next two weeks I would assume.Any deferred applicants hear back yet? I interviewed 1/7, and got deferred in late March.
Welp, if we can learn anything from this pandemic, it's that more workers are desperately needed in healthcare so my fingers and toes are tightly crossed for some good news!!!
Wannabe_Surgeon
New Member
Did you have a virtual interview? I have mine tomorrow and haven't gotten an email with the schedule yet so I was wondering how yours went?
I did, on 3/25. I got my schedule for interview day the night beforehand, around maybe 5-6pm EST. It's a little nerve-wracking to get it so late, but they do a VERY good job of coordinating the virtual interview. Seamless and professional.
Wannabe_Surgeon
New Member
Thank you!
To chime in on the subject; I also sent thank-you's to everyone involved in my interview day; the admissions person hosting the virtual interview, my faculty interviewer, and my student interviewer. I DID get a reply from the admissions person, which was nice, but no response from either my faculty or student interviewers. So I wouldn't stress about it; just double-check you actually sent them, because my student interviewer emphasized that one should send thank-you's to the faculty interviewer within 48h of interview day - because they finish and send their report on the interviewee by the 72h mark.
To chime in on the subject; I also sent thank-you's to everyone involved in my interview day; the admissions person hosting the virtual interview, my faculty interviewer, and my student interviewer. I DID get a reply from the admissions person, which was nice, but no response from either my faculty or student interviewers. So I wouldn't stress about it; just double-check you actually sent them, because my student interviewer emphasized that one should send thank-you's to the faculty interviewer within 48h of interview day - because they finish and send their report on the interviewee by the 72h mark.
Haha interesting that your coordinater person said you could email your interviewer directly whereas others asked us to email letters to them instead.
To add my data, I sent my thank you letter as a pdf to the coordinator and she forwarded it to my interviewer and my interviewer was kind enough to email me back, which I definitely appreciated!
The dirty secret is a lot of schools distribute their thank yous at the end of the cycle.To chime in on the subject; I also sent thank-you's to everyone involved in my interview day; the admissions person hosting the virtual interview, my faculty interviewer, and my student interviewer. I DID get a reply from the admissions person, which was nice, but no response from either my faculty or student interviewers. So I wouldn't stress about it; just double-check you actually sent them, because my student interviewer emphasized that one should send thank-you's to the faculty interviewer within 48h of interview day - because they finish and send their report on the interviewee by the 72h mark.
So are decisions done for the week??
doctorsleep249
Full Member
So are decisions done for the week??
Lol seems to be done just on Mondays?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you have a virtual interview? I have mine tomorrow and haven't gotten an email with the schedule yet so I was wondering how yours went?
It was virtual and went really well. Honestly not stressful at all. Good luck, you'll do great!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To chime in on the subject; I also sent thank-you's to everyone involved in my interview day; the admissions person hosting the virtual interview, my faculty interviewer, and my student interviewer. I DID get a reply from the admissions person, which was nice, but no response from either my faculty or student interviewers. So I wouldn't stress about it; just double-check you actually sent them, because my student interviewer emphasized that one should send thank-you's to the faculty interviewer within 48h of interview day - because they finish and send their report on the interviewee by the 72h mark.
Thanks, I emailed my student interview (he gave out his email) and received an email back from him. Although it's interesting that I never heard back from admissions person, kinda scaring me now....
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Don’t be scared I didn’t hear back either. I’m sure they’re so overwhelmed with emails.Thanks, I emailed my student interview (he gave out his email) and received an email back from him. Although it's interesting that I never heard back from admissions person, kinda scaring me now....
Dont read too much into that. It isn’t uncommon and that was the case with MOST of my residency interviews too. I am nearly certain the same went for med schoolThanks, I emailed my student interview (he gave out his email) and received an email back from him. Although it's interesting that I never heard back from admissions person, kinda scaring me now....
Don’t be scared I didn’t hear back either. I’m sure they’re so overwhelmed with emails.
Dont read too much into that. It isn’t uncommon and that was the case with MOST of my residency interviews too. I am nearly certain the same went for med school
Thank you for the reassurances, appreciate it greatly!