2019-2020 Drexel

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
W
Yes it's too late...but you aren't screwed. A lot of schools say that they don't even make that big of a difference.
Well I think I will weather the storm. I didn't send them to the two schools that accepted me but it seems to be a thing in this schools. Let's just hope it doesn't matter
 
I did get a small scholarship, just labelled “DUCOM Scholarship” under financial aid

A in Jan for reference
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering, should we not all hear back by April 30th?
Thinking about how only Feb people are still hearing back and yet to get to March/April interviewees...

Yep just wanted to add on to this. I know the unfortunate situation happening right now, but I really thought they'd finish up with the rest of February's interviews. (Interviewed 2/13 for reference)
 
Just wondering, should we not all hear back by April 30th?
Thinking about how only Feb people are still hearing back and yet to get to March/April interviewees...
I understand that you are frustrated. But Drexel interviews 1600 applicants-- that is the most in the country by at least 300 interviews just for a little context. They also interview very late into the cycle. I for one am not one to give a school the benefit of the doubt, but you have to understand that very few schools interview into march even. You interviewed in april/march, later than really any applicant in the country, and its going to take time for them to get to your file. You will most likely hear by the end of april or the first/second week of may.
 
I understand that you are frustrated. But Drexel interviews 1600 applicants-- that is the most in the country by at least 300 interviews just for a little context. They also interview very late into the cycle. I for one am not one to give a school the benefit of the doubt, but you have to understand that very few schools interview into march even. You interviewed in april/march, later than really any applicant in the country, and its going to take time for them to get to your file. You will most likely hear by the end of april or the first/second week of may.
Isn’t their last decision date next week? Unless they updated it on the website
 
Isn’t their last decision date next week? Unless they updated it on the website

Here is the page from last year. They began wait listing people april 4th, and the march/april interviewees heard back starting april 24th- the end of april and a little bit into may.
 
Nope it says starting March 30th they will sending out decisions on a weekly basis.
Before moving to weekly the last monthly review date was on the 20th, i think it makes sense that the march/ april interview dates will be behind and finish up in may but i think/ hope that the deferred applicants will hear back by the end of april because that seems to be a lot of the people waiting
 
Before moving to weekly the last monthly review date was on the 20th, i think it makes sense that the march/ april interview dates will be behind and finish up in may but i think/ hope that the deferred applicants will hear back by the end of april because that seems to be a lot of the people waiting
Yes, the defer status will turn into the waitlist before May 1st.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad