-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted from 2/20 interview
what time did you hear back, by phone or email? Congrats!!
Interviewed first week of March, still nothingAnybody who interviewed in March heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were an adcom monitoring this thread during decision days inciting mass confusion would be the highlight of my day
doctorsleep249
Full Member
delete this before they see it and get ideas lolIf I were an adcom monitoring this thread during decision days inciting mass confusion would be the highlight of my day
It seems like I have a higher chance of getting a third email from Barack Obama today than getting an email from Drexel
Waitlist at 17:42 EST 4/22/20. II: 1/15/20, IA: 2/10/20, no hold or deferral. Sent three updates already (11/2019, 1/2020, 3/2020). LM 67 OOS non-trad.
medschooldreamz
Full Member
WL
Interviewed 2/10
Interviewed 2/10
2infinityandbgone
New Member
WL Interviewed 2/10
doctorsleep249
Full Member
I remember seeing that they accept 700-800 people if I recall correctly from the interview day PowerPoint that doesn’t seem to be represented here [emoji30]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember seeing that they accept 700-800 people if I recall correctly from the interview day PowerPoint that doesn’t seem to be represented here [emoji30]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that number includes both people accepted directly and people accepted off the WL
60 admitted from a waitlist of 300 people as per MSAR. That’s 20%A lot of accepted students withdraw their acceptance by the April 30th date, so I wouldn't stress too much, Drexel gets a lot of waitlist movement which is where that number comes from.
60 admitted from a waitlist of 300 people as per MSAR. That’s 20%
60 admitted from the waitlist or 60 matriculated from the waitlist as that is two very different things
I remember seeing that they accept 700-800 people if I recall correctly from the interview day PowerPoint that doesn’t seem to be represented here [emoji30]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the PowerPoint said more than 800 acceptances last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says: Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on waitlist: 6060 admitted from the waitlist or 60 matriculated from the waitlist as that is two very different things
So that means Drexel offers around 750 straight acceptances which is not representative of this forum at all lol
If Drexel WL 300 and straight accepts 750 that means around 550 people get straight R’s. Don’t most schools give out way more post interview WL’s than post interview R’s
If Drexel WL 300 and straight accepts 750 that means around 550 people get straight R’s. Don’t most schools give out way more post interview WL’s than post interview R’s
I bet the 60 from the waitlist is matriculates and not offers extended. If it was offers extended then that would mean less than 60 seats opened up at the April 30th date and I find that hard to believe
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I bet the 60 from the waitlist is matriculates and not offers extended. If it was offers extended then that would mean less than 60 seats opened up at the April 30th date and I find that hard to believe
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I completely agree because 750 - 60 withdrawals after April 30th is 690 still holding acceptances for a class of 250 the math doesn’t add up lol
I completely agree because 750 - 60 withdrawals after April 30th is 690 still holding acceptances for a class of 250 the math doesn’t add up lol
well this math isn’t quite correct. It would be more like 750 accepted - 560 withdraw + 60 pulled from waitlist = 250. This is absolutely reasonable
Last edited:
Timelessness
Full Member
Interviewed 10/16, deferred in November, just received the waitlist email. Wording gives hope then just lets you down, I had a heart attack at “we would like to offer you a spot...”
same here, but deferred Dec 20th and then waitlisted 4/20
well this math isn’t quite correct. It would be more like 750 accepted - 560 withdraw + 60 pulled from waitlist = 250. This is absolutely reasonable
I guess now we all know which section of the MCAT was my lowest score
Those who are accepted, have you all started to reach out and find roommates yet? Now that accepted students day is virtual, i'm not sure how to go about it. Is anyone actually planning on going to the virtual one?
On the Facebook page, the medical students said that they would send out a form to facilitate the search for roommates. Virtual day tomorrow!
medstudent245
Full Member
Has a facebook page been made for the class of 2024?
Yes. Go to your portal and I believe it’s under the information tab. It’s somewhere thereHas a facebook page been made for the class of 2024?
any early Feb interviewers still waiting? interviewed first week of February and still haven't heard back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woah, they’ve moved onto March interviews 😱waitlisted. interviewed first week of march
medstudent245
Full Member
I know the policy is different for every school so does anyone know if you are taken off the waitlist at Drexel if you commit to enroll through AMCAS at another school?
noospheratoo
New Member
Interviewed first week of Feb as well and still haven’t heard a thing.any early Feb interviewers still waiting? interviewed first week of February and still haven't heard back
waitlisted. interviewed first week of march
+1. Shame, cause the interview went basically perfectly.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I’m assuming that those who interviewed the second week of March will hear back next week?
A today! Interviewed 2/26
LM: 68, ORM, non-trad
LM: 68, ORM, non-trad
noospheratoo
New Member
If you’re a feb interview and still haven’t heard make sure to check your spam/promotions for the email and also the portal too. Saw my decision on the portal before I found the email.
Yup, did that... still nothing.
I wonder what Drexel's algorithm is to send out decisions
angiogram36
Full Member
waitlisted. interviewed first week of march
Neurotic applicant here... Do you guys remember what date exactly you interviewed? Thank you!+1. Shame, cause the interview went basically perfectly.
3/2Neurotic applicant here... Do you guys remember what date exactly you interviewed? Thank you!
diabetes8763
Full Member
yeah and I wonder how they rank their waitlist tooI wonder what Drexel's algorithm is to send out decisions
angiogram36
Full Member
Does Drexel not have their 2020 match list up?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
They do not.Does Drexel not have their 2020 match list up?
They did show us on virtual accepted students day the specialties that people matched into and the states people were going to. It looked very competitive from what I could briefly see.Does Drexel not have their 2020 match list up?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are they going to release the match list anytime soon?
did they say they were going to release it on the website soon?They did show us on virtual accepted students day the specialties that people matched into and the states people were going to. It looked very competitive from what I could briefly see.
No they did not mention releasing it at all.. and no one asked lolare they going to release the match list anytime soon?
did they say they were going to release it on the website soon?
Just hear to say the MSAR waitlist stuff is kinda bull****. Its generic numbers that haven't changed for years so stop trying to over think it.
Just hear to say the MSAR waitlist stuff is kinda bull****. Its generic numbers that haven't changed for years so stop trying to over think it.
Hmm, so they're just blatantly incorrect?
JProspectiveMD
Full Member
DUCOM just revoked my acceptance because I didn't answer their acceptance email or a follow up email basically asking me if I was gonna commit or not. Is it just me or is that kinda a dick move? I am by no way obliged to answer or commit until I have heard back from other schools and for them to just tell me "well you didn't answer us so we regret to inform you that you're no longer accepted into the program", seems ridiculous.