2019-2020 Drexel

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't remember from the interview, what were the post-II acceptance, waitlist, and rejection percentages? And what were the chances of getting off of the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just waitlisted right now; interviewed 3/11 (should've worn my shirt haha)

Lmao just got the waitlist email. Funny how that works huh

1589225677025.png
 
For any recommenders I had after submission of my primary, I had them upload it on AMCAS since I was sending them to multiple schools!
Just to clarify, you hit resubmit after adding the additional letter recommender right? I don’t want to unknowingly pull myself off all these waitlists by clicking that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to clarify, you hit resubmit after adding the additional letter recommender right? I don’t want to unknowingly pull myself off all these waitlists by clicking that
Yes! It doesn't resubmit your entire app just the additional LOR request. It even shows you a summary of what "edits" you made before you hit re-submit.
 
Can someone shed some light on waitlist position timelines? For example:

Applicant A waitlisted on 4/20/20
Applicant B waitlisted on 4/28/20
Applicant C waitlisted on 5/11/20

Do you think they tack on freshly waitlisted candidates in order/after earlier ones? I feel like there has to be preferential ranking as they interview, waitlist, and add more people, which leads me to believe you can keep bumping up and down on the ranked list.

Thoughts?

Also here’s more music:
-Woman by Rhye

xoxo Everyone
 
Drexel movement seems too hard to predict, haha. Also still confused why anyone would would get off the WL before some have heard anything at all but I suppose they probably interviewed the best candidates earlier in the cycle lol

-an impatient 4/1 interviewee :whistle:
Correct-- the committee gives priority to applicants who they are interested in the most. Most schools this. This is why you see people from dates later than others who haven't heard getting in. They were prioritized most likely.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do medical schools know:
1. Which other medical schools you applied to?
2. And your current status at those schools?

I believe medicals schools can see your PTE / CTE status on the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS but that is it.

Meaning, they know if you have an acceptance or not but would not know schools you are waitlisted at, withdrew from, or were rejected by.