You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Butterknut
Full Member
Is Drexel receptive to LOIs?
I sent an LOI on April 13th and I got waitlisted April 21st (I was deferred before). So maybe it did something? Who knows. I interviewed back in November.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc0995
Full Member
Accepted yesterday after sending an update last week! Interviewed mid march.
Did your update show in the portal?
Did you submit a LOI through your portal? I sent an update to Drexel in December, but it seems that I can send another update/LOI through the portalAccepted yesterday after sending an update last week! Interviewed mid march.
Did your update show in the portal?
Did you submit a LOI through your portal? I sent an update to Drexel in December, but it seems that I can send another update/LOI through the portal
Update did not show up in the portal. I emailed it to [email protected] since I had already uploaded one in the portal earlier in the cycle.
sasquatch123
Full Member
Did you get a confirmation when it was uploaded? or did you see it in your portal after you emailed?Update did not show up in the portal. I emailed it to [email protected] since I had already uploaded one in the portal earlier in the cycle.
Not sure if they have received mine, and I've sent a confirmation email as well.
Did you get a confirmation when it was uploaded? or did you see it in your portal after you emailed?
Not sure if they have received mine, and I've sent a confirmation email as well.
I never got any sort of confirmation it was received. Just an automated email after I sent it to them.
Update did not show up in the portal. I emailed it to [email protected] since I had already uploaded one in the portal earlier in the cycle.
Did you get a confirmation when it was uploaded? or did you see it in your portal after you emailed?
Not sure if they have received mine, and I've sent a confirmation email as well.
I emailed them an LOI and an update previously and i didnt get a response. did you guys get a response?
didn't get a response but saw that it was updated on the portalI emailed them an LOI and an update previously and i didnt get a response. did you guys get a response?
I was wondering about LOI's several weeks ago and searched in this thread and the previous year's as well. Someone mentioned that Drexel does accept LOI and my pre-med advisor also recommended sending one as well.
There was a detailed post in this thread at post #800
Personally, I think an honest LOI couldn't hurt and submitted one (along with some updates) recently as I wait to hear back. I emailed them and they uploaded it to the portal.
There was a detailed post in this thread at post #800
Personally, I think an honest LOI couldn't hurt and submitted one (along with some updates) recently as I wait to hear back. I emailed them and they uploaded it to the portal.
I was accepted after sending an update, so maybe?Is Drexel receptive to LOIs?
diabetes8763
Full Member
I saw on the portal that one of the options for document type is technical standards, which wasn't there before. Does anyone else see that and know what it means?
Interesting...This is new for me too...Does this document type show up on everyone's portal?I saw on the portal that one of the options for document type is technical standards, which wasn't there before. Does anyone else see that and know what it means?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shows up on mine. havent heard back post II yetInteresting...This is new for me too...Does this document type show up on everyone's portal?
+1, no post II decision yetshows up on mine. havent heard back post II yet
Yep and I am currently waitlistedInteresting...This is new for me too...Does this document type show up on everyone's portal?
Was accepted from the waitlist Monday but also accepted to my first choice so I forgot to post! Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to one of you lovely people 🙂
2 As on the same day?! You need to buy a lottery ticket next year on 5/11! Congratulations!! 🙂
can i be the one to ask when you interviewed at drexel???Was accepted from the waitlist Monday but also accepted to my first choice so I forgot to post! Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to one of you lovely people 🙂
congrats by the way, thats amazing news to hear!!
I emailed admissions about the “technical standards” option on the portal. They said it is a document that needs to be filled out upon acceptance and to just disregard at this time. I’m wondering if it is something just proactively added on everyone’s portal or not? Any thoughts?
Just go a rejection email and I didn’t even submit a secondary lol
I'm on AL and I see the technical standards option on my portal as well. I wonder if it is added to everyone on AL.I emailed admissions about the “technical standards” option on the portal. They said it is a document that needs to be filled out upon acceptance and to just disregard at this time. I’m wondering if it is something just proactively added on everyone’s portal or not? Any thoughts?
I emailed admissions about the “technical standards” option on the portal. They said it is a document that needs to be filled out upon acceptance and to just disregard at this time. I’m wondering if it is something just proactively added on everyone’s portal or not? Any thoughts?
I'm on AL and I see the technical standards option on my portal as well. I wonder if it is added to everyone on AL.
Are you guys seeing this when you click the drop down menu for "document type" in the "Document Upload/Status" tab? Like with the other options that include "resume/CV, update letter, transcript," etc?
Yes! Do you see it too?Are you guys seeing this when you click the drop down menu for "document type" in the "Document Upload/Status" tab? Like with the other options that include "resume/CV, update letter, transcript," etc?
Yes! Do you see it too?
No, it's not on mine. That's only mildly concerning...
No don’t worry yet! We are all just neurotic lolNo, it's not on mine. That's only mildly concerning...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the technical standards option earlier today, but it is no longer there when I just checked
I had the technical standards option earlier today, but it is no longer there when I just checked
Okay so now they're just playing games with our heads... 😵Yeah i had it earlier as well but i dont see it anymore
Mine is gone as well!
I feel like its just something theyre changing on everyone's portals tbh, but who knowsMine is gone as well!
diabetes8763
Full Member
Is the waitlist ranking primarily based on MCAT scores and GPA, or are there more factors that play a role in this?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I didn’t know that Drexel’s waitlist was ranked lolIs the waitlist ranking primarily based on MCAT scores and GPA, or are there more factors that play a role in this?
diabetes8763
Full Member
Oh lol I think it says on MSAR that it isI didn’t know that Drexel’s waitlist was ranked lol
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
You’re right! It says the waitlist is ranked by the admissions committee.Oh lol I think it says on MSAR that it is
Card dealer
Full Member
I think it took about 5-7 days after since I also had the same concern as well.for those of you that sent in updates via email, how long does it typically take for updates to show up in your portal? Its been a few days for me and it still hasnt showed up
Can't you just upload it to the portal yourself? Or does only email work?Are any other accepted students concerned that you won't be able to send in your fingerprint and physical exam on time due to covid delays?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pretty sure the portal said that both could be emailed in!Are any other accepted students concerned that you won't be able to send in your fingerprint and physical exam on time due to covid delays?
futuredoc0995
Full Member
Anyone heard anything yet today??
Nope... I'm guessing Monday will be our day late interviewersAnyone heard anything yet today??
Just got the fat A. Interviewed 3/2.