2019-2020 George Washington

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me, since 7/17. I wish I knew if that meant they just haven't reviewed yet and there's still hope. Last year, everyone I knew got put on hold.
I know right ugh it seems like most people had some kind of decision within a week or two since GW seemed to review apps super quickly last year so not really sure what this means (hopefully nothing lol)

I asked someone who got rejected last year, and they thought they remembered remaining complete the entire time and then getting rejected. If it helps, I’ve been complete since 7/6 with no change and now fully expect a rejection whenever they start rolling out.
 
I asked someone who got rejected last year, and they thought they remembered remaining complete the entire time and then getting rejected. If it helps, I’ve been complete since 7/6 with no change and now fully expect a rejection whenever they start rolling out.
From what I was told, last year everyone got put on hold - there were no rejections until later in the cycle and they came from holds.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s just how the application cycle works. You’re either going to get an II or you’re not. If they were going to reject everyone with that status why would they wait?
I'm just bothered cause if they're not actually going to re-review just reject instead of wait til March. Which is what most schools are doing now; and they only claim to review your application more than once.
 
That’s just how the application cycle works. You’re either going to get an II or you’re not. If they were going to reject everyone with that status why would they wait?

There is a chance to be looked at again after theyve seen a lot more people come december. However, with the new AMCAS system not allowing schools to see # of A's, # of schools applied to etc, schools want to "hang onto" students incase come april their matriculation numbers are lacking.
 
I'm just bothered cause if they're not actually going to re-review just reject instead of wait til March. Which is what most schools are doing now; and they only claim to review your application more than once.
They do review multiple times. Look back at previous year threads and you will see plenty receiving interviews after being placed on-hold.
 
Anyone else with an II or a current student has any advice as to which airport to fly into to minimize cost? I'm flying from the West Coast with a Tuesday II date, so I would probably fly in on Monday and leave Tuesday evening after the interview. Even for just one night, flights are ~$500 to fly into Reagan National 🙁
The only thing I would worry about with leaving tuesday is getting to the airport on time in case the day runs over, otherwise just go for the cheapest airport. If you have any points with airlines try and use those. I was able to do a direct round trip from the midwest to dc and only had to pay $11 in tax.
 
The only thing I would worry about with leaving tuesday is getting to the airport on time in case the day runs over, otherwise just go for the cheapest airport. If you have any points with airlines try and use those. I was able to do a direct round trip from the midwest to dc and only had to pay $11 in tax.
I've already booked a round trip flight that leaves at 6:00pm the day of my interview. Since I'm flying into/out of Reagan National (10-15 minutes away from campus), I figure I'll be fine, especially since I've done the TSA pre-check already. Hopefully the day doesn't run too long.
 
I've already booked a round trip flight that leaves at 6:00pm the day of my interview. Since I'm flying into/out of Reagan National (10-15 minutes away from campus), I figure I'll be fine, especially since I've done the TSA pre-check already. Hopefully the day doesn't run too long.
It won’t.
 
2º marked complete on 7/7
marked on hold for re-review on 7/30

Trying not to think about it too much...


Same, been complete since 7/09, was recently marked as "re-review" (don't know the exact date since no email was sent). I know someone else who just got an interview though, with a 514.

Does anyone know what the conversion from re-review to interview is or was last year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get a 'Your file is under review" before getting a hold?

Are hold and re-review different? If not, then I am pretty sure I was under review before going to re-review. They never really sent an update through email though. I just checked the portal since everyone on sdn seems to have that label.
 
Are hold and re-review different? If not, then I am pretty sure I was under review before going to re-review. They never really sent an update through email though. I just checked the portal since everyone on sdn seems to have that label.

Yup I think hold and re review mean the same thing. My status just says “Your file is under review.” I’m guessing everyone else had this message before getting put on hold/re review
 
Got a II earlier this morning after having the “Your file is under review” status

Edit: complete 7/16, lizzym:68
Do you mind if I ask when your status changed from complete to under review? I am guessing that they probably use some sort of algorithm to first review people but my status hasn't budged so I am curious.
 
Damn on hold for re-review lol
Complete: 7/15

Was really hoping for no status change, but it really do be like that sometimes
 
Last edited:
Do you mind if I ask when your status changed from complete to under review? I am guessing that they probably use some sort of algorithm to first review people but my status hasn't budged so I am curious.

I think my file changed to under review 1-2 days before I got the interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else complete over 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything (still have the initial complete status in portal)?
Anyone complete mid July still have the status, "Your file is now complete...etc"?


I've been complete with the same message for 3 weeks now. I don't yet have the "under review" status either. But no news is good news right?? That's what I tell myself anyway lol
 
I've been complete with the same message for 3 weeks now. I don't yet have the "under review" status either. But no news is good news right?? That's what I tell myself anyway lol
I’ve had that status for the past 2 weeks. I haven’t transitioned to the re-review pile. Does that mean they haven’t got to my app yet?
 
I’ve had that status for the past 2 weeks. I haven’t transitioned to the re-review pile. Does that mean they haven’t got to my app yet?

I'm not sure but I'm assuming that's what it is. People have said they prioritize EDP applicants and applicants with other factors so I just feel like they haven't gotten around to reviewing some yet? They do get a ton of applications too.

Again this could just be what I'm telling myself to calm myself down lol.
 
maybe helpful - on-hold for re-review, complete 7/14 Lizzy M: 73.5
kinda bummed cause GW had some great electives/their curriculum was in line with what I wanted in a med school
 
maybe helpful - on-hold for re-review, complete 7/14 Lizzy M: 73.5
kinda bummed cause GW had some great electives/their curriculum was in line with what I wanted in a med school
As if this hasn’t been said 2727192 times already, but that status means nothing. Take a deep breath and don’t read into it. If they were going to auto reject you they would just do it. That would save them a lot of time and energy.

Side note: 90% of my posts now are me telling people to calm down. Maybe it’s time for me to get off of this site
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad