Apr 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
instead of paying for a room, you're paying for a bed space- you share a room with multiple people (bunk beds), which can be a negative for some people. personally, I didn't have any problems (people minded their own business for the most part and the service was good)- breakfast is also provided at the specific hostel I stayed in- which is a plus
Is it sanitary and I'm assuming communal bathroom ?

johnnydenali

Denali - The Great One
Silver Donor
Sep 16, 2019
The Last Frontier
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 7/16... still silence. Anyone else in my boat/know what to make of that?
From the way this thread has read, I think it means, “Thank your lucky stars that the Vorpal Sword of Rejection has not chosen you!” There is hope!

Each morning I wake up and tell my family excitedly, “GREAT NEWS FROM X SCHOOL!” They get excited, too, and ask what the great news is. My response is always the same, “They haven’t rejected me!”

We’re still in the hunt!

Feb 23, 2018
What would be the earliest but safest time to schedule a flight out of DCA if the interview ends at 4pm? Is a 5:20pm flight cutting it too close?

Reactions: mass-premed66
Aug 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What would be the earliest but safest time to schedule a flight out of DCA if the interview ends at 4pm? Is a 5:20pm flight cutting it too close?
you get interviewed at either 1:30 or 2:15 (ending at 3). They say 4 PM to give themselves time in case anything happens but I took a flight out at 7 and waited at the
airport forever because I was interviewed at 1:30 and was done at 2:15. You could fly out at 6 and be okay easily so 5:20 seems fine

kingdomheart

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I've been complete since 7/15 and it still says 'under review'..LM of 70

Kind of just want to hear back at this point
The "under review" status means nothing imo. I received that status the day after I submitted my secondary, but I agree wish I could just hear back already

Reactions: medlife52525
Sep 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
They don't actually end at 4. Latest they can end us actually 3:15. Half the group actually ends at 2:15. They tell you 4 just to be safe, but you'll very likely be done earlier.

Apr 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Most people finish around 3 pm latest and its a 15 min drive, i would just leave asap after your interview

May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
It looks like first decisions came out on 10/23 last year! Best of luck to y’all waiting for one :)

Reactions: NatGeoLover
Oct 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For those who have interviewed, how was the interview day? How were the students and what was the interview like (and who interviewed you)? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For those who have interviewed, how was the interview day? How were the students and what was the interview like (and who interviewed you)? Thanks in advance!
I personally really disliked my interview day. You’re kept in a small room with no table and not given anything to write with for the orientation meeting, curriculum talk, diversity talk and “student panel” which is two students answering questions. You are given a tour (a large amount of the campus is underground.. including the anatomy lab) and then you eat in the faculty club, which was the nicest part of the day. I was interviewed by an M4 and the interview itself was good, pretty conversational. There was no financial aid talk at all but you were allowed to go to the office yourself once the day was done, but I didn’t have time. Overall my least favorite out of all places I’ve gone to.

Oct 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I personally really disliked my interview day. You’re kept in a small room with no table and not given anything to write with for the orientation meeting, curriculum talk, diversity talk and “student panel” which is two students answering questions. You are given a tour (a large amount of the campus is underground.. including the anatomy lab) and then you eat in the faculty club, which was the nicest part of the day. I was interviewed by an M4 and the interview itself was good, pretty conversational. There was no financial aid talk at all but you were allowed to go to the office yourself once the day was done, but I didn’t have time. Overall my least favorite out of all places I’ve gone to.
Thank you for sharing your experience-I am sorry that you did not have a good time. I was hoping things had improved since some of the SDN interview reviews I read from 2009, but it sounds like not a lot has changed :(

Has anyone else had a different experience or know others who have?

LTUbluedevil

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I personally enjoyed my interview and thought that the people were very kind. I feel like their presentations were brief, but if you did research on the school before hand, you likely already knew what you needed to about the school. I was impressed by how much the Cura Personalis ideals were really emphasized throughout the whole process and I also really enjoyed the people who were interviewing with me as well. My interviewer and I also connected really well. I mean it wasn't the fanciest interview or necessarily the best set up, but the vibe I got from the faculty and students is what I put more weight on and I loved the atmosphere at Georgetown.

Reactions: corgi3

Doctors' Docta

Dr. Pikachu, M.D.
2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m a +1 on this being one of my least favorite interviews.. I’ll put it as the 2nd worst so far. Just didn’t like being trapped in that small room all day.

I thought the student panel was pointless too. Also, the students weren’t really enthusiastic to talk about anything. They seemed to just be there to eat the free food and actually just answer any questions we had, but I just didn’t feel passion about their school like I felt interacting with students from other schools

The interview itself was ok. It was my first so naturally I was uncomfortable. But I had a pretty stern guy with virtually no personality ... which obviously will vary ... but basically blew it and because you only get one interview, I’m quite sure I blew my chance of coming here (which I’m okay with lol).

But yeah, I’m kind of all about new shiny places cuz they feel good to be at, but Georgetown is all about history ... which is a good thing... but that probs played into my negative vibe.

Lunch was the best though!

Jul 9, 2018
I kind of get people's negative reactions to the campus and interview day. It's an old building and it definitely looks shabby compared to a lot of the schools with recently-renovated or just-built campuses. For me though the interview was a really great experience. The hospital is busy and well-integrated into the school, the undergrad campus has beautiful gothic-style architecture and a historic feel, the city (my first time in DC) was hands-down one of my favorite places I've ever been and seems like a great place to be a medical student, the presentations (especially the detail with which they explained their curriculum and the opportunities it offered) were informative even though I'd done my research ahead of time, and the students I got to talk to were all honest, positive, and easy to talk to - they seemed like exactly the kind of people I'd love to have as classmates one day. My one disappointment was with their research facilities, but their partnership with Hackensack-Meridian and the proximity of the NIH more than made up for it. Can't wait for decisions to come out.

Jul 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Could someone tell me what interview dates are available? I might have to reschedule my interview

Jul 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Could someone tell me what interview dates are available? I might have to reschedule my interview
As of yesterday, at least, there were dates available on November 19, 20, and 21. Those were the earliest dates, so that’s all I can remember. It’s possible that could have changed since though.

Reactions: premed20172017

Doctors' Docta

Dr. Pikachu, M.D.
2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I kind of get people's negative reactions to the campus and interview day. It's an old building and it definitely looks shabby compared to a lot of the schools with recently-renovated or just-built campuses. For me though the interview was a really great experience. The hospital is busy and well-integrated into the school, the undergrad campus has beautiful gothic-style architecture and a historic feel, the city (my first time in DC) was hands-down one of my favorite places I've ever been and seems like a great place to be a medical student, the presentations (especially the detail with which they explained their curriculum and the opportunities it offered) were informative even though I'd done my research ahead of time, and the students I got to talk to were all honest, positive, and easy to talk to - they seemed like exactly the kind of people I'd love to have as classmates one day. My one disappointment was with their research facilities, but their partnership with Hackensack-Meridian and the proximity of the NIH more than made up for it. Can't wait for decisions to come out.
If you don’t get in, you’re likely to get WL instead of R. Copy and paste this into an LOI and you’ll definitely get off lol.

Reactions: future_doctor_14
May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I personally enjoyed my interview day, but that seems to be a bit of an unpopular opinion. I thought the presentations were detailed and informative, although it was pretty much review as I had done enough research on the school before my interview day. I will say I am kind of disappointed in not having anything to write with, but that's my only complaint.

The students we had were very informative and passionate about GT. Yes, they were in it for the free food, but they truly loved the atmosphere at Georgetown. They answered every single one of our questions and went on and on about how Georgetown promotes a collaborative and respectable community. I appreciated their transparency and honesty. I also enjoyed how most of the classrooms are underground, as it gives off this gothic/historical vibe. The facilities seem a bit outdated, but that's part of the history of GT (I think they also mentioned that most of their donor money goes towards financial aid anyways). Having already been a student at a Jesuit undergrad institution, I felt very at home/comfortable throughout the day. I loved their emphasis on cura personalis, and love how it's integrated into their curriculum.

My interview was with an MS4, but they were very nice and insightful. It felt conversational and fluid, and I think that it went well! It was a simple interview with your standard questions, but you should definitely know your app!

Aug 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Been rechecking my email constantly for acceptance news today... cruel that Georgetown made the subject line "Admissions Decision" for a pre-II rejection on October 15 :( my hands were literally shaking before I noticed who the sender was :dead:

Complete July 19, 3.9 GPA 516 MCAT for those wondering

Mar 22, 2019
May have been too optimistic thinking we would hear back today with post interview decisions, might not be till the 23rd when people on last years thread started hearing back.... the wait continues

Reactions: mdprospect2024
May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Considering how my luck is going with other schools right now, I'm terrified about the decision from Georgetown. I hope it goes well!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NatGeoLover
Jan 8, 2018
Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone know when we should start to hear back? interviewed 9/12