2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed November heard back yet? I interviewed in mid November and am quickly approaching the 10 week mark...I'm getting so anxious I just wish I knew when I would hear...

Members don't see this ad.

How so? Just curious lol. I interviewed last month also with mixed feelings
Not trying to bash in anyway! Gtown has a lot to offer, just maybe not the best fit program for me

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not trying to bash in anyway! Gtown has a lot to offer, just maybe not the best fit program for me
Yeah i agree it's a good school with a strong match record and students seem very happy but it seemed like there was lack of funding in every area or department. Also all the students said they were annoyed by lack of communication in a lot of areas (might be the recent curriculum change plus construction though)

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted two days ago via phone call from Dean then received email yesterday. Interviewed 11/6.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
post interview R.... interviewed 11/20 and thought my Georgetown interview went better than any of my other schools.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted 2 days ago, interviewed the early third week of Nov. Thanks, everyone!!! Good luck to everyone waiting. Wow, it has been a surreal feeling. Do not lose hope. Keep posting any letters you feel like writing. I know it feels not so motivating in a long haul of wait, write anyway. I sent 2 letters after my interview. One was a post-submission update and the other was LOI around the second week of January. so 3 in total including ty letter. Not sure if they helped at all, but I wanted to try everything that I felt intuitively to not have any regrets. I am a reapplicant and I feel truly blessed.

Thanks to everyone who posted here and kept encouraging others. Thank you!

Reactions: 8 users
Wait-listed today. Interviewed on 12/15. This is really disappointing because I'm in state, have connections, and am a good fit for the school. My interviews went really well too.

I'm so sorry but you have a great chance still with their waitlist movement! Was yours 11/15 or 12/15? Are they already in December?

Has anyone who applied for the Stewart scholarship heard back yet?

• Hmm
Was just accepted via phonecall (he said the email will come soon), interviewed second week of december!

Just wanted to also add that I got a 124 in CARS, so that whole 125 cutoff is bogus

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just curious, for all those who were accepted, did you upload thank you notes into their portal?

Was just accepted via phonecall (he said the email will come soon), interviewed second week of december!

Just wanted to also add that I got a 124 in CARS, so that whole 125 cutoff is bogus
Congrats! Did you send any updates or letters of interest?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed second week December awaiting notification

Waitlisted. Withdrew. Best of luck everyone!
(interviewed 12/10/2019)

Congratulations :) I have a 124 CARS score and was also invited for an interview. I am currently waitlisted though.

I recently converted to Catholicism. Should I send an update letter?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone receive a financial aid package yet? or know when we can expect one? I submitted my finaid application last night lol, so just wondering if they're actively working on them yet

Did anyone receive a financial aid package yet? or know when we can expect one? I submitted my finaid application last night lol, so just wondering if they're actively working on them yet
I sent my application in 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet

Any movement off the waitlist? When I called last week they said it can happen anytime from now until the first day of class

Reactions: 2 users