2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no its not about stats. its about when the committee reviews apps. There is no one who has been reviewed after the last week of october, so his stats do not matter in this case

no i was just curious what y’all stats are for GU

Heard it’s a great school and i wanted to apply there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

no i was just curious what y’all stats are for GU

Heard it’s a great school and i wanted to apply there :)

It's a good school but its very low yeild both pre and post II, so I wouldn't get too attached. Its also more of a service oriented school as well (its jesuit) so you can get away with lower stats and good EC

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II Rejection today. Completed secondary on 9/8. Good luck to everyone here! I'm just glad I heard something from someone even if it wasn't good news.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Complete 10.25.19. Pre-II R this morning. Def a reach for me since CARS was not >125 but still shot my shot. Best of luck to everyone else! God bless and may 2020 be your best year yet!

Reactions: 2 users
hey everyone, I'm interviewing here in a few days and I'm a bit nervous...Any advice?

Anyone know how many applicants gtown makes a decision for when they meet post interview? For example, when they meet, do they only review applicants from one interview date, or do they normally do like a few weeks at a time? Cuz theyre starting to take a little long now....

Anyone know how many applicants gtown makes a decision for when they meet post interview? For example, when they meet, do they only review applicants from one interview date, or do they normally do like a few weeks at a time? Cuz theyre starting to take a little long now....
I saw people mention on the past Georgetown threads that out of 80 applicants they WL 40, R 20, and A 20. Not sure if that was valid at the time and not sure if that’s the current practice still.

hey everyone, I'm interviewing here in a few days and I'm a bit nervous...Any advice?
The day overall is very chill and fun! The whole morning you are stuck in a very small room though so it kinda sucks but there’s coffee and snacks available throughout. And in terms of the actual interview I think it depends on who you’re with. The interviewer does have a sheet of paper that they fill out and there’s like 5-6 routine questions that are asked. But honestly during mine we barely went by the sheet and my interviewer didn’t seem to care it was more conversational and relaxed. Good luck!!

I saw people mention on the past Georgetown threads that out of 80 applicants they WL 40, R 20, and A 20. Not sure if that was valid at the time and not sure if that’s the current practice still.
are you saying they look over 80 applicants at once during their committee meetings? I guess that kinda makes sense... thats about 1 week of applicants

Will be withdrawing by 1/15/19 interview <3 I hope it goes to one of yall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhhhh anyone else get the financial aid application email but never got a acceptance? Is this normal??

Uhhhhh anyone else get the financial aid application email but never got a acceptance? Is this normal??
The deadline is March 1st. Thus people who are admitted after that date would need to submit it before then. So if you are WL'd or have interviewed they would send it to you.

Seriously on the fence if I should attend my interview on the 10th. Was anyone surprised or had their mind changed when they interviewed?

Seriously on the fence if I should attend my interview on the 10th. Was anyone surprised or had their mind changed when they interviewed?
this is maybe controversial but it changed my mind for the worse. Wasn’t impressed by the interview day or facilities. Food was good but how often as med students are you eating at the faculty club lol?

Reactions: 1 users
this is maybe controversial but it changed my mind for the worse. Wasn’t impressed by the interview day or facilities. Food was good but how often as med students are you eating at the faculty club lol?
This is funny because I heard a bunch of people say they were excited to interview but disappointed the day of whereas my experience was the opposite. I thought it was a pretty great school in a great area. But I thought the food sucked lol

I think if you have the means financially to attend the interview, you should go. Definitely worth it in my opinion!

I think if you have the means financially to attend the interview, you should go. Definitely worth it in my opinion!
I’m a subway ride away so it’s mainly because of laziness. I don’t think I would pick this school over my current A but there have been schools I had no interest in but then fell in love after the interview

I’m a subway ride away so it’s mainly because of laziness. I don’t think I would pick this school over my current A but there have been schools I had no interest in but then fell in love after the interview

It sounds like you don't really want to attend the school, so perhaps pass on the interview? I recently declined an interview b/c after comparing with my other As I was v unlikely to go and interviews are exhausting. The choice is yours, best of luck to you with the rest of the cycle.

Just got accepted!!! Wooooooooooo!!!

Interviewed end of October!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!

When did you interview, if you don’t mind me asking?

Last week of oct! Im not sure how pchem figured it out... lol. Thank you so much! So excited! :) good luck to y’all!

Last week of oct! Im not sure how pchem figured it out... lol. Thank you so much! So excited! :) good luck to y’all!
I was there with you during interview day lol. JK
I just know gtown is super slow with decisions so didn't give them enough credit to think they could have made it to nov lol

• Hmm
WL, Interview at end of October :(. Do they continuously review the waitlist for acceptance or is it just reviewed at the end?

Reactions: 4 users
WL, Interview at end of October :(. Do they continuously review the waitlist for acceptance or is it just reviewed at the end?

I’m on the WL too and hoping anyone can give advice on how much often to submit LOI or any stats or information on the process moving forward !

Anyone from 11/1 hear back yet?
I don't think GT does multiple weeks at a time. This week I think decisions are coming out for last week of oct. Next week, I'm assuming decisions will come out for first week of Nov., etc.

Glad I went to my interview. Everyone was awesome and friendly. If the school wasn’t so dated it would easily be a top choice.

Hi all Im interviewing in 10 days. I'm a bit confused of the interview structure, its traditional interviews? How many of them? Any information regarding the structure would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all Im interviewing in 10 days. I'm a bit confused of the interview structure, its traditional interviews? How many of them? Any information regarding the structure would be greatly appreciated!

It is a traditional interview at the end of the day. It is only with one person, they are either faculty or a medical student. Mine was with faculty and it was super chill. Most of my interview was a convo on topics completely unrelated to medicine and I have been admitted.

• Wow
Do they give merit scholarships or match other offers here?

Also, can anyone comment on the OB/GYN curriculum?

Are they meeting the 10wk range for decisions or are they going over at this point?

What sorts of scholarships do they give? I spoke to a current student on my interview day and he told me he got cose to a full ride

I would presume that if they’re like most other Jesuit schools, it’s likely need-based aid and scholarships you can apply for.