2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Complete 8/12

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Complete around the end of August. Who else here is still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you accepted, do they send out an email after they call you & update your portal, or is it just the phone call?

II late last week. OOS complete mid-Aug.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via phone call an hour ago!!- interviewed 10/9

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed mid-October and just got the rejection email. Disappointed because I really liked the school but fortunate to already have an acceptance elsewhere.

Has anyone else received a post II rejection...kind of surprised? My interviewer got a phone call during the interview which kind of disrupted the interview so that is something that bothers me a bit.

Interviewed mid-October and just got the rejection email. Disappointed because I really liked the school but fortunate to already have an acceptance elsewhere.

Has anyone else received a post II rejection...kind of surprised? My interviewer got a phone call during the interview which kind of disrupted the interview so that is something that bothers me a bit.
Also post II rejection sadly. Interview in October.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Just got the good ol pre-II R. Complete 8/26. Guess DC isn’t in the cards for me

same also got a post interview rejection, surprised quite a bit as i felt my interview went really well.

My interviewer got a phone call during the interview which kind of disrupted the interview so that is something that bothers me a bit.
Stuff happens on our end (delayed or cancelled flights) so we should also be courteous if stuff happens on their end as well. I don't think they did it on purpose and also don't think they would factor that into any brownie points on your app so not really something that should bother you.

Invite just now! <3

Complete : 8/31

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the II :) Complete 8/21.

Anybody have interview tips for an OOS applicant?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Are there any current Gtown students who can speak about the environment here? I was recently accepted and highly considering attending!

Waitlisted on 12/9/19
I posted a LOI in mid November and then again after I was waitlisted this week!
Called and saw that there is no ranking on the waitlist.
Does anyone know when people start getting accepted off the waitlist or any further information??
How often from here should LOI be sent??

did anyone else who thought they bombed the interview got accepted? most people on here who thought the interview went bad seemed to get a waitlist :(
lets assume my interview went bad. Does it help my stats are higher than their median and that i have service to underserved?

did anyone else who thought they bombed the interview got accepted? most people on here who thought the interview went bad seemed to get a waitlist :(
lets assume my interview went bad. Does it help my stats are higher than their median and that i have service to underserved?

I legit thought my interview went horribly and i got accepted. Who knows haha

Does anyone know where I can find the 2020-2021 academic calendar for Class of 2024? I’m trying to find when breaks and things like that would be

What do you want to know?

Okay so I have a tonn of questions and you obviously do not have to respond to all of these. Sorry for bombarding you with so many! If you’d prefer to start a PM as well feel free to do so. I would just love to get as much info as possible before I make a decision on whether or not I want to commit to Gtown. Thanks!:

How is the student body together?
Is it more of a collaborative environment or are the students more competitive? Would you recommend coming if you have other options?
How are the research opportunities in comparison to what you expected?
How are the faculty? Do you like your professors & do they teach well? Hate them?
Do they use old board questions for exams or a completely different set up?
Do you guys get the week off before exams? Can you elaborate more on why there’s an “exam period” (since it’s an exam roughy every 6 weeks, it would be important to know if they allow for time to study before the huge exam)
Does admin listen and respond to student concerns?
And do you have a full academic calendar for next year

Okay so I have a tonn of questions and you obviously do not have to respond to all of these. Sorry for bombarding you with so many! If you’d prefer to start a PM as well feel free to do so. I would just love to get as much info as possible before I make a decision on whether or not I want to commit to Gtown. Thanks!:

How is the student body together?
Is it more of a collaborative environment or are the students more competitive? Would you recommend coming if you have other options?
How are the research opportunities in comparison to what you expected?
How are the faculty? Do you like your professors & do they teach well? Hate them?
Do they use old board questions for exams or a completely different set up?
Do you guys get the week off before exams? Can you elaborate more on why there’s an “exam period” (since it’s an exam roughy every 6 weeks, it would be important to know if they allow for time to study before the huge exam)
Does admin listen and respond to student concerns?
And do you have a full academic calendar for next year
Sorry I should have clarified, I'm a Georgetown undergrad currently applying to medical school, so I can't speak as much to specifics about Georgetown Med but I can certainly speak to the culture of the campus, housing, facilities, etc. I'm also an EMT so I can tell you as much as you want to know about Georgetown's Emergency Department lol.

The student body is school dependent, so a med student would be better fit to answer this question, but the Georgetown College is very collaborative, and everyone is pretty friendly.

Research opportunities are endless at Georgetown Med. Many if not most of my undergrad friends work in med school labs, so I have no doubt it would be even easier to find research as a med student. Georgetown's Cancer Center is really well known, and there is some insanely cool cancer research that goes on here. I can't speak to clinical research as much (I'm sure it's good too), but Georgetown's basic science research is pretty sweet and should be pretty easy to get into if that's something you're interested in.

Not sure about med school faculty, but those that I have worked with have been great. I've taken a few undergrad classes taught by med school professors that have been absolutely wonderful, but obviously med school classes are a different animal.

And administration is going to be different as well, but the overall university administration is pretty responsive to big-picture issues, the more important question is do they have the money to fix it, and the answer is usually no. Georgetown's facilities, med school and hospital included, are not exactly state-of-the-art, but they're working on it. They're currently building a whole new ED and surgical pavillion, so if you're cool with construction during your first few years, you should have some nice facilities by the time you start doing rotations.

Waitlisted on 12/9/19
I posted a LOI in mid November and then again after I was waitlisted this week!
Called and saw that there is no ranking on the waitlist.
Does anyone know when people start getting accepted off the waitlist or any further information??
How often from here should LOI be sent??
Stats? service involvement or EC strength (for a jesuit school)? ties?

Sorry I should have clarified, I'm a Georgetown undergrad currently applying to medical school, so I can't speak as much to specifics about Georgetown Med but I can certainly speak to the culture of the campus, housing, facilities, etc. I'm also an EMT so I can tell you as much as you want to know about Georgetown's Emergency Department lol.

The student body is school dependent, so a med student would be better fit to answer this question, but the Georgetown College is very collaborative, and everyone is pretty friendly.

Research opportunities are endless at Georgetown Med. Many if not most of my undergrad friends work in med school labs, so I have no doubt it would be even easier to find research as a med student. Georgetown's Cancer Center is really well known, and there is some insanely cool cancer research that goes on here. I can't speak to clinical research as much (I'm sure it's good too), but Georgetown's basic science research is pretty sweet and should be pretty easy to get into if that's something you're interested in.

Not sure about med school faculty, but those that I have worked with have been great. I've taken a few undergrad classes taught by med school professors that have been absolutely wonderful, but obviously med school classes are a different animal.

And administration is going to be different as well, but the overall university administration is pretty responsive to big-picture issues, the more important question is do they have the money to fix it, and the answer is usually no. Georgetown's facilities, med school and hospital included, are not exactly state-of-the-art, but they're working on it. They're currently building a whole new ED and surgical pavillion, so if you're cool with construction during your first few years, you should have some nice facilities by the time you start doing rotations.

Awesome, thank you! And if any current students can add on to this it would be highly appreciated!

since Gtown loves letters, is it worth sending an LOI before hearing back from my interview? I have an update letter for them and deciding if I want to combine it with a LOI or just a continued interest letter in case a LOI is too ambitious at this point since Gtown is my top choice.

stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no its not about stats. its about when the committee reviews apps. There is no one who has been reviewed after the last week of october, so his stats do not matter in this case