2019-2020 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure if anyone shared this yet, but I found it in last years forum and it’s really funny. It was made my the current M2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Thoughts on post-interview letters of intent that include substantial updates (publication)?

If you've gotten an interview, then you've already made it past one barrier to admission. Generally, a publication, unless it is Nature or Nobel worthy, isn't going to tip the scales in terms of the adcom meetings. Rather, a great time to send an update would be if you were waitlisted, reaffirming your interest in the school and explaining why you would be a good fit if you still wanted to seek admittance at that point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current M2 here. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

and thanks @StewartOConnor for the shout out. We worked hard on it!
Sorry for being super neurotic but it is sdn haha, I’m wondering if you received a reply after sending thank you notes post interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for being super neurotic but it is sdn haha, I’m wondering if you received a reply after sending thank you notes post interview?

Yes, I heard back from both my interviewers. But not everyone does. Definitely don't be neurotic about that! Some get busy and others just don't feel a need to reply. Rest assured - it was received!

Current M2 here. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

and thanks @StewartOConnor for the shout out. We worked hard on it!
Thank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!
mood of the cycle

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

I didn’t get my II at hms until late December.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Was told by adcom that they go in order of completion but t

Yes I believe so. directly from an adcom member: apps are reviewed in order that they are received and you can be re-considered several times throughout cycle as they get to more apps. I hope this is not inaccurate, just what I was told last week.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Was told by adcom that they go in order of completion but t

Yes I believe so. directly from an adcom member: apps are reviewed in order that they are received and you can be re-considered several times throughout cycle as they get to more apps. I hope this is not inaccurate, just what I was told last week.
f for my chances

HST-senpai pls notice me

Last edited:
  • Sad
You give us hope, but were you complete "early" during your application cycle at HMS? Like, in mid- to late July? Thank you!

No, I believe I was complete around November. I don’t believe that an earlier completion puts you out of the running, though.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday, complete late July! So excited :D

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
II this morning for Pathways!!! Complete 8/6!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II this morning for Pathways!!! Complete 8/6!
It seems they are in the last rounds of re-screening applications, considering that people who were complete in late July got interview invites recently, and now they are in early August... I guess all hope is lost now, RIP :(:dead:

It seems they are in the last rounds of re-screening applications, considering that people who were complete in late July got interview invites recently, and now they are in early August... I guess all hope is lost now, RIP :(:dead:

ok not you nor anyone on this thread really knows how they screen applicants though-the N reporting results on SDN is small, we cant tell even what proportion of Harvard applicants report their results on this thread and we have no way of verifying the results they do post so you can't make conclusions like "all hope is lost RIP" based on such bad data my friend. Keep your head up

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
ok not you nor anyone on this thread really knows how they screen applicants though-the N reporting results on SDN is small, we cant tell even what proportion of Harvard applicants report their results on this thread and we have no way of verifying the results they do post so you can't make conclusions like "all hope is lost RIP" based on such bad data my friend. Keep your head up
This thread always keeping the hope alive. I love it

WHAT IN THE WORLD!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!! Complete early August!!
I. Am. Stunned!!
Advice, tips, suggestions, and everything are greatly appreciated :D. Good luck yall!!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I. Am. Stunned!!
Advice, tips, suggestions, and everything are greatly appreciated :D. Good luck yall!!
Congrats!!Was this just now or earlier today?

I. Am. Stunned!!
Congrats!! Go kill it at this amazing school! My meager advice is to bring warm (snow) boots because the weather here sucks :]

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone here have any insight as to whether their review of applications is rolling or non-rolling (do earlier invites have any meaning)?
(asking for a friend:)

Does anyone here have any insight as to whether their review of applications is rolling or non-rolling (do earlier invites have any meaning)?
(asking for a friend:)
They say its non-rolling but most of the current students I met told me that they interviewed early. Also, one student said half of the people he interviewed early with are now his classmates. Take that with a grain of salt. Anyone have any other anecdotes?

They say its non-rolling but most of the current students I met told me that they interviewed early. Also, one student said half of the people he interviewed early with are now his classmates. Take that with a grain of salt. Anyone have any other anecdotes?

Yeah, one of the current students said he interviewed in September :O
A student from my alma mater who had interviews from many T10-20 schools interviewed in Dec/Jan and WL'ed.
Could be a coincidence since HMS interviews a TON of ppl

II! Complete 7/21, current H undergrad (don't know if that affects things at all)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II! Complete 7/21, current H undergrad (don't know if that affects things at all)
Congratulations! It doesn't matter if it factored in because you deserve it :)
As a side note, did you also get it around the same time as @premed8080 (like early in the morning)? I'm just wondering if II's are sent out in blasts or if they're individualized like admissions decisions.

Congratulations! It doesn't matter if it factored in because you deserve it :)
As a side note, did you also get it around the same time as @premed8080 (like early in the morning)? I'm just wondering if II's are sent out in blasts or if they're individualized like admissions decisions.

I haven't gotten one actually, I wish!

Just had an info session with HMS admissions; overheard that they are planning on being done with II after Thanksgiving, so early December should have the last wave.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Gonna put that incoming rejection letter in a frame and hang it on my wall. Because that's the closest my name is getting to Harvard.

Reactions: 3 users
So is the general consensus to schedule your interview as early as possible despite HMS advertising non-rolling admissions? Would prefer a Friday interview but will schedule earlier in the week if that is advisable.

Gonna put that incoming rejection letter in a frame and hang it on my wall. Because that's the closest my name is getting to Harvard.

I think HMS may be one of the schools that silently rejects, so we are not even deemed worthy of a rejection letter :(

I think HMS may be one of the schools that silently rejects, so we are not even deemed worthy of a rejection letter :(

I asked explicitly about timeline and one rep said that they give all decisions (regardless of interview or not) in early March. It just may not be a physical letter in the mail, that's the only thing.

Last edited:
I asked explicitly about timeline and one rep said that they give all decisions (regardless of interview or not) in early March. It just may not be a physical letter in the mail, that's the only thing.
That’s okay. I’ll print the email lol

Reactions: 6 users