-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Harvard
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Current M2 here. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
and thanks @StewartOConnor for the shout out. We worked hard on it!
and thanks @StewartOConnor for the shout out. We worked hard on it!
Thoughts on post-interview letters of intent that include substantial updates (publication)?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you've gotten an interview, then you've already made it past one barrier to admission. Generally, a publication, unless it is Nature or Nobel worthy, isn't going to tip the scales in terms of the adcom meetings. Rather, a great time to send an update would be if you were waitlisted, reaffirming your interest in the school and explaining why you would be a good fit if you still wanted to seek admittance at that point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for being super neurotic but it is sdn haha, I’m wondering if you received a reply after sending thank you notes post interview?Current M2 here. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
and thanks @StewartOConnor for the shout out. We worked hard on it!
Sorry for being super neurotic but it is sdn haha, I’m wondering if you received a reply after sending thank you notes post interview?
Yes, I heard back from both my interviewers. But not everyone does. Definitely don't be neurotic about that! Some get busy and others just don't feel a need to reply. Rest assured - it was received!
Thank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!Current M2 here. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
and thanks @StewartOConnor for the shout out. We worked hard on it!
D
deleted688779
mood of the cycleThank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!
Thank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!
I didn’t get my II at hms until late December.
Was told by adcom that they go in order of completion but t
Yes I believe so. directly from an adcom member: apps are reviewed in order that they are received and you can be re-considered several times throughout cycle as they get to more apps. I hope this is not inaccurate, just what I was told last week.
Thank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!
Yes I believe so. directly from an adcom member: apps are reviewed in order that they are received and you can be re-considered several times throughout cycle as they get to more apps. I hope this is not inaccurate, just what I was told last week.
You give us hope, but were you complete "early" during your application cycle at HMS? Like, in mid- to late July? Thank you!I didn’t get my II at hms until late December.
f for my chancesWas told by adcom that they go in order of completion but t
Yes I believe so. directly from an adcom member: apps are reviewed in order that they are received and you can be re-considered several times throughout cycle as they get to more apps. I hope this is not inaccurate, just what I was told last week.
HST-senpai pls notice me
Last edited:
Thank you for offering to answer questions. Realistically, is it still possible to hear back for an interview here at this point in the application cycle after being complete since late July. Thanks, again!
Very possible!
You give us hope, but were you complete "early" during your application cycle at HMS? Like, in mid- to late July? Thank you!
No, I believe I was complete around November. I don’t believe that an earlier completion puts you out of the running, though.
D
deleted688779
This thread be a rollercoasterNo, I believe I was complete around November. I don’t believe that an earlier completion puts you out of the running, though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, they don't, unfortunately. All decisions are released together in March, whether you're accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.Do they send pre II Rs?
II this morning for Pathways!!! Complete 8/6!
Early December!Congratulations 🙂 What an incredible way to start your morning! Do you know what dates they're offering?
It seems they are in the last rounds of re-screening applications, considering that people who were complete in late July got interview invites recently, and now they are in early August... I guess all hope is lost now, RIP 🙁II this morning for Pathways!!! Complete 8/6!
premed8080
Full Member
Did anyone get an actual email when their application was complete?
throwawayofcourse
Full Member
It seems they are in the last rounds of re-screening applications, considering that people who were complete in late July got interview invites recently, and now they are in early August... I guess all hope is lost now, RIP 🙁![]()
ok not you nor anyone on this thread really knows how they screen applicants though-the N reporting results on SDN is small, we cant tell even what proportion of Harvard applicants report their results on this thread and we have no way of verifying the results they do post so you can't make conclusions like "all hope is lost RIP" based on such bad data my friend. Keep your head up
This thread always keeping the hope alive. I love itok not you nor anyone on this thread really knows how they screen applicants though-the N reporting results on SDN is small, we cant tell even what proportion of Harvard applicants report their results on this thread and we have no way of verifying the results they do post so you can't make conclusions like "all hope is lost RIP" based on such bad data my friend. Keep your head up
Congrats!!Was this just now or earlier today?WHAT IN THE WORLD!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!! Complete early August!!
I. Am. Stunned!!
Advice, tips, suggestions, and everything are greatly appreciated 😀. Good luck yall!!
It was about 1.5 hours ago!Congrats!!Was this just now or earlier today?
Congrats!! Go kill it at this amazing school! My meager advice is to bring warm (snow) boots because the weather here sucks :]WHAT IN THE WORLD!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!! Complete early August!!
I. Am. Stunned!!
Advice, tips, suggestions, and everything are greatly appreciated 😀. Good luck yall!!
positivepuffin
Full Member
Congrats! what dates are available?It was about 1.5 hours ago!
oioeoelgd154
Full Member
+1Does anyone here have any insight as to whether their review of applications is rolling or non-rolling (do earlier invites have any meaning)?
(asking for a friend🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They say its non-rolling but most of the current students I met told me that they interviewed early. Also, one student said half of the people he interviewed early with are now his classmates. Take that with a grain of salt. Anyone have any other anecdotes?Does anyone here have any insight as to whether their review of applications is rolling or non-rolling (do earlier invites have any meaning)?
(asking for a friend🙂
They say its non-rolling but most of the current students I met told me that they interviewed early. Also, one student said half of the people he interviewed early with are now his classmates. Take that with a grain of salt. Anyone have any other anecdotes?
Yeah, one of the current students said he interviewed in September :O
A student from my alma mater who had interviews from many T10-20 schools interviewed in Dec/Jan and WL'ed.
Could be a coincidence since HMS interviews a TON of ppl
Just woke up to a freaking II!!!!!!! This can't be real.
premed8080
Full Member
Just woke up to a freaking II!!!!!!! This can't be real.
Congrats!! Complete date?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!! Complete date?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're scheduling for the first week of December at this point in time.
premed8080
Full Member
They're scheduling for the first week of December at this point in time.
Oh I meant when was your application complete haha
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I meant when was your application complete haha
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oops, my bad. I was complete 8/22!
II! Complete 7/21, current H undergrad (don't know if that affects things at all)
I also went to Harvard. It was a Tuesday I thinkII! Complete 7/21, current H undergrad (don't know if that affects things at all)
Congratulations! It doesn't matter if it factored in because you deserve it 🙂II! Complete 7/21, current H undergrad (don't know if that affects things at all)
As a side note, did you also get it around the same time as @premed8080 (like early in the morning)? I'm just wondering if II's are sent out in blasts or if they're individualized like admissions decisions.
premed8080
Full Member
Congratulations! It doesn't matter if it factored in because you deserve it 🙂
As a side note, did you also get it around the same time as @premed8080 (like early in the morning)? I'm just wondering if II's are sent out in blasts or if they're individualized like admissions decisions.
I haven't gotten one actually, I wish!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
would be pretty cool if @Nalam just peeked into your future 😉I haven't gotten one actually, I wish!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry! I meant @The English American. But yours is coming for you I can feel it. Good luck. 🙂I haven't gotten one actually, I wish!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just had an info session with HMS admissions; overheard that they are planning on being done with II after Thanksgiving, so early December should have the last wave.
Gonna put that incoming rejection letter in a frame and hang it on my wall. Because that's the closest my name is getting to Harvard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is the general consensus to schedule your interview as early as possible despite HMS advertising non-rolling admissions? Would prefer a Friday interview but will schedule earlier in the week if that is advisable.
.
Last edited:
Gonna put that incoming rejection letter in a frame and hang it on my wall. Because that's the closest my name is getting to Harvard.
I think HMS may be one of the schools that silently rejects, so we are not even deemed worthy of a rejection letter 🙁
I think HMS may be one of the schools that silently rejects, so we are not even deemed worthy of a rejection letter 🙁
I asked explicitly about timeline and one rep said that they give all decisions (regardless of interview or not) in early March. It just may not be a physical letter in the mail, that's the only thing.
Last edited:
That’s okay. I’ll print the email lolI asked explicitly about timeline and one rep said that they give all decisions (regardless of interview or not) in early March. It just may not be a physical letter in the mail, that's the only thing.