-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Hofstra
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hey are you struggling with accepting the terms and confirmation code on the portalJust got the acceptance email!! Interviewed 12/4.
Try using Safari or Explorer if you can. I switched from Chrome and it worked better.hey are you struggling with accepting the terms and confirmation code on the portal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
on safari but won't let me get onto the page to accept it....Try using Safari or Explorer if you can. I switched from Chrome and it worked better.
welp, interviewed 12/9 and nothing :-( should’ve seen this coming with my luck lol
welp, interviewed 12/9 and nothing :-( should’ve seen this coming with my luck lol
+1, but interviewed 11/25. The wait is killing me!
+1, but interviewed 11/25. The wait is killing me!
You know if acceptances are all sent at once or if emails are sent throughout the day? Could be a short-term game changer/confidence boost [emoji23]
D
deleted972488
It seems as though they are staggered.You know if acceptances are all sent at once or if emails are sent throughout the day? Could be a short-term game changer/confidence boost [emoji23]
It seems as though they are staggered.
You, my friend, have restored my confidence
D
deleted976595
Interviewed in October and just want them to send me the R/WL email at this point
+1, but September 🙁![]()
Interviewed in October and just want them to send me the R/WL email at this point
Anyone know how much movement their wait-list sees?
Anyone know how much movement their wait-list sees?
IIRC, last year they had 2 tiers of waitlist and the higher one saw plenty of movement. Did you get a WL email though? I don't recall seeing any WLs in this thread so far.
restless09
New Member
should i still be expecting an interview? I know people who applied after me and already got rejection email I dont know what to expect
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same boat. Interviewed late October. Faculty interviewer said they want me and it was a strong yes. Still silence. No portal update or any email/mail.![]()
Interviewed in October and just want them to send me the R/WL email at this point
Why do school's love playing with our feelings?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
According to their email:should i still be expecting an interview? I know people who applied after me and already got rejection email I dont know what to expect
“Our interview season runs from September through early February and invitations to interview are sent throughout this timeframe.”
So interview invites should stop around the end of January/beginning of February (my guess)
TheNumbersMason
Full Member
Interviewed 9/13 and silence ever since.
has anybody accepted in the first batch heard from fin aid yet?
juliannewman
Full Member
When are dec and Jan interviewees gonna hear back
+1Waitlisted 1st tier, interviewed late September
+2Waitlisted 1st tier, interviewed late September
Does the 1st tier wait-list see a lot of movement?
+3. Interviewed 11/25. Sad about this since it was one of my top two so far. But hopefully there is a lot of WL movement.
+3. Interviewed 11/25. Sad about this since it was one of my top two so far. But hopefully there is a lot of WL movement.
+4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when y'all say WL 1st tier do you mean "application is still under review...blah blah blah"? or did they hit you with a WL?
when y'all say WL 1st tier do you mean "application is still under review...blah blah blah"? or did they hit you with a WL?
It's a WL. They just have two levels of WL.
my email doesn't say wait list anywhere on it, are you just reading between the lines?It's a WL. They just have two levels of WL.
D
deleted972488
It sounds like there might be (at least) 3 different outcomes: a deferral, a 1st tier WL, and a 2nd tier WL. Sounds like you got a deferral.mine email doesn't say wait list anywhere on it, are you just reading between the lines?
my email said:
Thank you for your continued interest in the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. We enjoyed meeting you on your interview day and appreciate the patience that you have shown while we have evaluated your application.
This email serves as an update that your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of February.
We appreciate your continued patience during this admissions cycle and wish you the very best as the season progresses.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. We enjoyed meeting you on your interview day and appreciate the patience that you have shown while we have evaluated your application.
This email serves as an update that your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of February.
We appreciate your continued patience during this admissions cycle and wish you the very best as the season progresses.
D
deleted972488
Yeah, yours sounds like a deferral. So you may get either an A or a WL sometime in February.my email said:
Thank you for your continued interest in the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. We enjoyed meeting you on your interview day and appreciate the patience that you have shown while we have evaluated your application.
This email serves as an update that your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of February.
We appreciate your continued patience during this admissions cycle and wish you the very best as the season progresses.
D
deleted972488
I just got my second-tier waitlist email. Withdrawing.
D
deleted976595
Tier 2 waitlist. Will be withdrawing!
Waitlisted 1st tier, interviewed late September
How do I know what tier I’m on?
How do I know what tier I’m on?
It said the tier in the email.
2nd tier waitlist. This is basically a rejection right?
Ah ok I think I may have gotten a deferral then.It said the tier in the email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred
That's what I'm thinking, as I'm on the list as well. I asked to be kept on the list regardless!2nd tier waitlist. This is basically a rejection right?
2nd Tier WL as well. It ain't over till it's over... but I guess it's over for me. So sad.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
What does that even mean?I got deferred just now. Interviewed Dec 18th. Can they stop playing with my feelings TT__TT