2019-2020 Hofstra

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I interviewed that week as well and haven't heard back, and I know someone earlier in this thread interviewed on 11/25 and didn't hear anything. Wondering if maybe our week hasn't heard back yet.



Interviewed on the 26th as well (11/26) and I have not heard back either. A bit worried seeing acceptances going around and with the holidays approaching so quickly it doesn't seem like ill be getting the acceptance 🙁 willl most likely get the R or WL in mid jan unfortunately.

Hofstra is like a dream school to me I would literally cancel all my interviews and just pay their deposit if I got accepted hahahah ugh. but alas here we are. Hope my fellow 26ers are doing well out there!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who has already interviewed - can you give me an outline and what you did the entire day? And how many stations at the MMI/were there traditional MMI stations? I can't seem to find any information online. Thanks!
 
Anyone who has already interviewed - can you give me an outline and what you did the entire day? And how many stations at the MMI/were there traditional MMI stations? I can't seem to find any information online. Thanks!

2, 16 minute standard interviews with a faculty member.
5, 8 minute MMI stations (2 minutes to read/prep, 6 minutes to talk)

You start the day off with an informational session about the curriculum. Next, they split you into two groups. One group does an interview, while the other group does some Mini Skills Lab to get a greater feel of the curriculum (nothing to stress about). Once finished, the two groups switch. Then, you eat lunch and talk to medical school students. Then a tour followed by a financial Aid session, and final comments. Think I left around 1:45
 
2, 16 minute standard interviews with a faculty member.
5, 8 minute MMI stations (2 minutes to read/prep, 6 minutes to talk)

You start the day off with an informational session about the curriculum. Next, they split you into two groups. One group does an interview, while the other group does some Mini Skills Lab to get a greater feel of the curriculum (nothing to stress about). Once finished, the two groups switch. Then, you eat lunch and talk to medical school students. Then a tour followed by a financial Aid session, and final comments. Think I left around 1:45

I’m not sure you’re supposed to say that much...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’m not sure you’re supposed to say that much...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I listed is on their website
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man As at both Hofstra and WashU today! Congrats! Surprised that no one else has posted about As for either, would have loved to hear back from Hofstra today 🙁

On the other hand, it give me more (maybe false) hope, since it seems like they're sending out As on multiple days spread out instead of just a couple of days like last year.

If anyone shatters my hope, I will kill you, or more realistically, just be kinda sad.
 
where did people stay for the interview? i'm staying with a friend for a few days in manhattan, but i'm wondering if i should look for a place closer to campus for the night before since the drive from manhattan can be long/unpredictable.
 
The drive is unpredictable and long but you might have good luck using the LIRR system! I'm not gonna tell you that the LIRR is a great rail system that never has delays, but the trains usually leave on time unless you get really unlucky. Grab a $10 Uber from the train station to the campus and you're golden.
 
where did people stay for the interview? i'm staying with a friend for a few days in manhattan, but i'm wondering if i should look for a place closer to campus for the night before since the drive from manhattan can be long/unpredictable.

I stayed at the Long Island Marriott which is close to the school. Hofstra has a discount code for it you can find on their website, but it’s still rather expensive.
 
where did people stay for the interview? i'm staying with a friend for a few days in manhattan, but i'm wondering if i should look for a place closer to campus for the night before since the drive from manhattan can be long/unpredictable.

I'd recommend an Air Bnb.
 
where did people stay for the interview? i'm staying with a friend for a few days in manhattan, but i'm wondering if i should look for a place closer to campus for the night before since the drive from manhattan can be long/unpredictable.
If you really need it, you can request a student host by contacting admissions. It's not advertised though, because there are only a very limited number of volunteer hosts.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are any current Hofstra medical students able to comment on the merit scholarships offered? Is Hofstra generous with offering these scholarships, or do only a select few receive them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd rather have a little hope than none at all! It means there's still a chance?!
there must be some chance, considering the extent of that R wave, and the range of complete days from the casualties. Suggests all those who have yet to be rejected are in some kind of hold as back-ups for ppl who drop.
 
there must be some chance, considering the extent of that R wave, and the range of complete days from the casualties. Suggests all those who have yet to be rejected are in some kind of hold as back-ups for ppl who drop.
True! Sadly I'm in the always the backup slot with most of my schools as of now. Gotten 1 II, 5 R, 1 pre II hold, and nothing from 14. Let's hope that 1 II turns into an A.
 
they gave us a range of dates on when we should expect to hear from them post interview. anyone have experience with this? when did you hear about A, WL, or R?