2019-2020 Howard

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would ya guys mind sharing stat?
I think it is a big part of the decision.
All of mine are in my signature, but you have to be signed into a computer (or looking at the full glory of SDN to see it). I've attached a screenshot in case you can't see it.
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 8.53.13 PM.png



I saw that people are still checking out this forum, so see updated info below:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 00.05.20.png
 
Last edited:
Congratulations to all of those that were accepted!!!. Can you guys kindly give back and share stats/advice for us newbies that are applying to Howard this year. It will be greatly appreciated. This school is my top choice
 
Is there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting for 1 or more Waitlists?

I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. It diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
 
Last edited:
Is there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting for 1 or more Waitlists?

I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. It diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
Dm me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! For anyone who has moved off the waitlist thus far, did you send an LOI? And if so, when? I sent in an LOI right after I was notified of my waitlist status (March), but sadly this was when COVID-19 pandemic began which caused some sort of mix up. After a lot of follow up they've just now added it to my official file a couple of days ago :/
 
Hi everyone! For anyone who has moved off the waitlist thus far, did you send an LOI? And if so, when? I sent in an LOI right after I was notified of my waitlist status (March), but sadly this was when COVID-19 pandemic began which caused some sort of mix up. After a lot of follow up they've just now added it to my official file a couple of days ago :/
Did you call and ask about your LOI? I sent one but never got any confirmation
 
I’m assuming at this point that I will not move off the waitlist so I will reapply and hope that the fact that I was put on the waitlist this year will improve my chances for next cycle

Glad you’re not giving up!

Did you apply late last cycle?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat 🙁 not sure how much longer I can hold out!

Same! Don't lose hope. I looked at previous threads and saw where people got in later but I'm considering visiting the campus since I haven't gotten a clear answer yet. Idk if that is too extreme but I need answers ASAP... I'm gonna let them know my circumstance so that maybe they will listen and tell me what is going on with my application. Time is running out!!!
 
I have been ACCEPTED off the waitlist. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I sent an extensive resume, letter of intent along with supplemental information describing my clinical hours, research, awards, etc. I also visited the campus and let them know about my situation. I think that in this situation you have to be vocal and state that you're qualified along with having the willingness to go the extra mile to show your interest in the school. Closed mouths don't get fed... good luck to everyone on the waitlist! I hope this can help. I live right outside of DC so making the drive wasn't too bad for me. It seems like they're having some difficulties with managing the waitlist as well so it's super random. I'd say it's worth the drive.
 
Hey did you go to the school recently? I thought it was closed because of COVID

I have been ACCEPTED off the waitlist. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I sent an extensive resume, letter of intent along with supplemental information describing my clinical hours, research, awards, etc. I also visited the campus and let them know about my situation. I think that in this situation you have to be vocal and state that you're qualified along with having the willingness to go the extra mile to show your interest in the school. Closed mouths don't get fed... good luck to everyone on the waitlist! I hope this can help. I live right outside of DC so making the drive wasn't too bad for me. It seems like they're having some difficulties with managing the waitlist as well so it's super random. I'd say it's worth the drive.
 
Hmm ok. i have friends at HUCM and they said the students aren’t even allowed back to the school because of Covid and the school is locked
a lot of the admissions committee are working from home.
I’ll try to go see if i can talk to someone this week


I was persistent being that I live nearby and I was lucky enough to be able to see someone. Like I said, this was my personal experience and I am putting it out there for people who were in the same situation as me. If it's not worth the visit for you then by all means don't take any advice from me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad