You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Howard
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When will you interview?Just got an II
you email them back giving them the three dates that work best for you then they email you confirming one of those datesWhen will you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats !! Do you mind sharing your stats ?Just got an II
503 MCATCongrats !! Do you mind sharing your stats ?
3.9 GPA
URM OOS
congrats!503 MCAT
3.9 GPA
URM OOS
AnnieGranger13
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?Just got an II
INeedAdmission2415
Full Member
He has no obligation to give you proof and I doubt he cares whether you believe him or not lolNot trying to sound mean, but can you please provide the proof. I called the admissions yesterday and they said they won't be sending any II's that day. Besides, the Howard administration told me that they don't work after hours (after 5 pm ET). So you getting an email around 6:52 pm last night gives a huge blow to your credibility.
Again, unless you share proof with us, I won't take any meaning to the post. One person getting an ii out of so many people doesn't make sense.
He is telling the truth, I also received an interview invite last night at 6:19PM CST.Not trying to sound mean, but can you please provide the proof. I called the admissions yesterday and they said they won't be sending any II's that day. Besides, the Howard administration told me that they don't work after hours (after 5 pm ET). So you getting an email around 6:52 pm last night gives a huge blow to your credibility.
Again, unless you share proof with us, I won't take any meaning to the post. One person getting an ii out of so many people doesn't make sense.
Congrats! Stats?He is telling the truth, I also received an interview invite last night at 6:19PM CST.
September 9thCongrats! When were you complete?
11/20, 11/26, 12/10What interview days did they offer?
RedditorMD
Full Member
Complete 9/13. Nothing yet. 3.99 GPA, 509 MCAT.
Got an email from Howard this morning at 7am. Freaked out for a second until realizing it was a "thank you for interviewing with us" email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredrmrs
New Member
Was it a denial email?Got an email from Howard this morning at 7am. Freaked out for a second until realizing it was a "thank you for interviewing with us" email.
Got an email from Howard this morning at 7am. Freaked out for a second until realizing it was a "thank you for interviewing with us" email.
interview 10/23 or 10/24? when will we get decisions back?
No.Was it a denial email?
interview 10/23 or 10/24? when will we get decisions back?
I wouldn't know. I interviewed 10/22, we were told we might hear back in 2 weeks.
It’s 1:30 AM here and while eating some super souped up ramen, I had to make a decision. Do I continue trying to memorize lists of partial agonists for AMPA receptors or do I refresh SDN and see if someone responded to me... I’ve made my decision! Hello, Oorham!I am !!!🤣![]()
It’s 1:30 AM here and while eating some super souped up ramen, I had to make a decision. Do I continue trying to memorize lists of partial agonists for AMPA receptors or do I refresh SDN and see if someone responded to me... I’ve made my decision! Hello, Oorham!
Hello Aktak! It's 3:10am here and I thought I should refresh SDN before going to bed. It's certainly becoming one of my night chores, like after washing my teeth 😀Edit: Now I'm wondering in which area you are located because I'm in the far west and 40 minutes ago (when you posted) should have been around 2:30am if you're also in the west! and if you're not, that makes it even more complicated! Lol
Last edited:
I made the right choice! They didn’t even ask me on the exam about the AMPAs lolHello Aktak! It's 3:10am here and I thought I should refresh SDN before going to bed. It's certainly becoming one of my night chores, like after washing my teeth 😀
Edit: Now I'm wondering in which area you are located because I'm in the far west and 40 minutes ago (when you posted) should have been around 2:30am if you're also in the west! and if you're not, that makes it even more complicated! Lol
I'll cross every appendage I've got for an II this week!Praying that this week will be a week for interview invites. Cross your fingers y’all!!!
Hi guys! So I got antsy and called just to make sure everything in my application was complete and they told me my prerequisites wasn't marked as complete for some reason even though it was marked as such on my end. Just be aware and be sure to reach out if you haven't heard anything yet!
Do we know if Howard has an preference for surrounding states, such as Maryland or Virginia? I assume there's not much to say about in-state preference since it's DC.
Did you receive a complete email initially?Hi guys! So I got antsy and called just to make sure everything in my application was complete and they told me my prerequisites wasn't marked as complete for some reason even though it was marked as such on my end. Just be aware and be sure to reach out if you haven't heard anything yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sure we should hear something after thanksgiving and before Christmas .... but I am only speculatingI am guessing we’re going to get some activity from admissions after New Years ? After all the holidays pass possibly ? This thread has been kinda quiet or maybe people getting interviews just don’t talk about it as much ?
Why tomorrow?Possible acceptances/II coming in tomorrow (crosses fingers)
Their admissions committee meets every Thursday per one of the ad comsWhy tomorrow?
Their admissions committee meets every Thursday per one of the ad coms
Has there been any movement since the initial wave of II? In terms of additional II
9
994904
No, relax. Scroll up a few posts and you'll see that most of us are still waiting. Some people have posted their IIs, but a majority of us haven't heard anything. They didn't send out their secondaries until Sept 4, and it's only November right now. Many schools send out their first secondaries in July, so I assume it'll be a long wait, since it's two months "behind".So I submitted my secondary on 9/24 and have yet to hear back from them. I’m getting really worried. Should i consider myself rejected?
No!! It’s my second cycle and last time it took until April for them to send an official response! If you have good stats however you should hear back soon!So I submitted my secondary on 9/24 and have yet to hear back from them. I’m getting really worried. Should i consider myself rejected?
RedditorMD
Full Member
Complete 9/13. 3.99 GPA. 509 MCAT. Still nothing from here. I have done lots of work with underserved. I guess its a waiting game.
I was waitlisted last year here, and I have friends that were invited for interviews up until February/ March so it's still early!So I submitted my secondary on 9/24 and have yet to hear back from them. I’m getting really worried. Should i consider myself rejected?
howard, it's my turn for that II 🙂
yeah, i've been complete since like right after labor day like 2 days after they sent the secondary lmao. no word so far.After attending my third Open House here, I called to make sure my app was complete. No new info, if you have the complete secondary email then that's it. **sigh** Just waitinggggg 🙁![]()
![]()
buddhadoc518
Full Member
Hang tight everyone! Wishing you all an II & acceptances for those who recently interviewed. I believe they interview about 300 folks per cycle, so there’s definitely time left.
Accepted!!!
Interviewed 10/22
Interviewed 10/22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I hope to join you one dayAccepted!!!
Interviewed 10/22
awesome!!!! Congrats
Congrats! I hope to join you one day
Thanks y'all!
Rooting for you too!!
Congrats! What were your stats?Accepted!!!
Interviewed 10/22
Accepted!!!
Interviewed 10/22
Also accepted!!! I interviewed on 10/22, and I'm pretty sure I know who you are lol. Congrats!

