2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want to reply to CONFIRM my spot, but then the second line of the email stating "shoot me an email if you want to be OFF the waitlist" discouraged me. Unless it means off the waitlist to be accepted lol.
It says Reply to be taken off, but It follows with otherwise she’ll have us remain active and inform us if a seat opens. So I think not replying keeps you on the list.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to reply to CONFIRM my spot, but then the second line of the email stating "shoot me an email if you want to be OFF the waitlist" discouraged me. Unless it means off the waitlist to be accepted lol.
I went ahead and replied that I am very interested in attending ICOM. I’m also planning on sending an update soon, so I hope that doesn’t mean she took me off :) I initially read the email as taken off the waitlist but now that I read it again, that’s def not what she meant lol

Reactions: 1 users
I went ahead and replied that I am very interested in attending ICOM. I’m also planning on sending an update soon, so I hope that doesn’t mean she took me off :) I initially read the email as taken off the waitlist but now that I read it again, that’s def not what she meant lol
I think you’re safe. She replied and told me that I was not taken off the waitlist and confirmed my place on the waitlist. I also sent an update letter/letter of interest to them on Friday of last week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the phone call from ICOM! Accepted and cannot wait to join the Class of 2024 later on this Fall!

Reactions: 8 users
for anyone who wrote a letter of intent or interest who did you address it to? please help lol

for anyone who wrote a letter of intent or interest who did you address it to? please help lol

I had sent in a letter of interest before the committee met about my placement so I had addressed it to the admissions committee, but since usually the dean/director of admissions is the one that gives the say so afterwards, I would address it to Janette.

I was worried about looking too desperate by sending in a letter before I even found out I was waitlisted, but it all worked out. Got the acceptance call today!

Reactions: 2 users
I had sent in a letter of interest before the committee met about my placement so I had addressed it to the admissions committee, but since usually the dean/director of admissions is the one that gives the say so afterwards, I would address it to Janette.

I was worried about looking too desperate by sending in a letter before I even found out I was waitlisted, but it all worked out. Got the acceptance call today!
thank you! I was super unsure to address it to, but good idea. I will address it to her. Also congrats!!! what were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

thank you! I was super unsure to address it to, but good idea. I will address it to her. Also congrats!!! what were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you!!! And no, I don't mind at all. I think I was an outlier, honestly compared to all the others here.

cGPA: 3.34 (undergrad) -> DIY postbac: 3.8 -> overall cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.16 (undergrad) -> DIY postbac: 3.5 -> overall sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 500

If you'd like more detail, such as hours and whatnot, I can DM you to detail it further.

• Love
Thank you!!! And no, I don't mind at all. I think I was an outlier, honestly compared to all the others here.

cGPA: 3.34 (undergrad) -> DIY postbac: 3.8 -> overall cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.16 (undergrad) -> DIY postbac: 3.5 -> overall sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 500

If you'd like more detail, such as hours and whatnot, I can DM you to detail it further.
wow our stats are pretty similar! yes that would be awesome! thank you for your help :)

Received the A yesterday! For the BLS certification, is it possible to find a class right now and how hard is it?

Received the A yesterday! For the BLS certification, is it possible to find a class right now and how hard is it?
I would like to think that is possible right now, but have not looked for myself. It should be something you get started on ASAP though just in case things are cancelled/PPD due to Coronavirus. Im thankful I did the course a year ago and my certification lasts for 2 years.

I would like to think that is possible right now, but have not looked for myself. It should be something you get started on ASAP though just in case things are cancelled/PPD due to Coronavirus. Im thankful I did the course a year ago and my certification lasts for 2 years.

ICOM had sent out an email after your acceptances, all matriculation requirements were extended by at least a month (originallly June 15), which includes BLS certification (I had emailed).

Members don't see this ad :)
ICOM had sent out an email after your acceptances, all matriculation requirements were extended by at least a month (originallly June 15), which includes BLS certification (I had emailed).

I've only received the "Congratulations on your acceptance to ICOM" and the Virtual Accepted Students Day email. Nothing regarding the 1 month extension or the myRecordTracker yet.

Gotcha thanks. How was the BLS class? How should I prepare for it?

Gotcha thanks. How was the BLS class? How should I prepare for it?
Haha just show up and be a breathing human being! They will show you everything, it is very easy and straightforward. Follow directions and you will be fine. Literally no prep involved. Think of the easiest course you had as a 4th grader, and its basically the same difficulty. They are not going to quiz you on anything beforehand. They are expecting people to show up for the class who know nothing about BLS, so they will teach you everything there and then have a simple, short quiz afterward. You'll also practice on some dummy adults for the class and dummy infants.

Has anyone received the email from myRecordTracker yet? I got everything from Certiphi and started both the CBC and DS, but haven't received the email from myRecordTracker yet............

Haha just show up and be a breathing human being! They will show you everything, it is very easy and straightforward. Follow directions and you will be fine. Literally no prep involved. Think of the easiest course you had as a 4th grader, and its basically the same difficulty. They are not going to quiz you on anything beforehand. They are expecting people to show up for the class who know nothing about BLS, so they will teach you everything there and then have a simple, short quiz afterward. You'll also practice on some dummy adults for the class and dummy infants.

Haha good to know thank you, and congratulations on your A!

Withdrew my acceptance to ICOM. Sad I'll not be attending but hope it'll go to one of you guys now!

For those of you who know your spot on the priority list, how did you find out? I was wondering if it's appropriate for me to ask that information. Thanks!

For those of you who know your spot on the priority list, how did you find out? I was wondering if it's appropriate for me to ask that information. Thanks!
When they sent you the email saying that you were on the waitlist, you can reply to them stating that you indeed would like to be placed on the waitlist rather then not considered, and they will email you back saying which group you are in on the waitlist. I'm sure you can just email admissions and they will let you know which group you are in! Good luck!

When they sent you the email saying that you were on the waitlist, you can reply to them stating that you indeed would like to be placed on the waitlist rather then not considered, and they will email you back saying which group you are in on the waitlist. I'm sure you can just email admissions and they will let you know which group you are in! Good luck!
THANK YOU!!

Is the "I agree to the terms and conditions" button greyed out for anyone trying to sign up for myRecordTracker?

congrats!!! what are your stats if you don’t mind me asking
I don't mind at all! 503 MCAT cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.45, a couple published research papers and other extracurricular stuff I'd be happy to share in DM's if you really want to know.

What I really appreciate about ICOM though is the overall vibe I get of a community feel amongst the students and staff. Everyone I have spoken with is extremely friendly and helpful. Any answers they don't have, they do their best in finding out and then relaying to me. Through their interview process, I felt like they were WAY MORE INTERESTED in who I am as a person, rather than who I look like on paper. I think my stats are probably average or below average for ICOM but I've felt valued as a person throughout every step of the process and that means a ton to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is the "I agree to the terms and conditions" button greyed out for anyone trying to sign up for myRecordTracker?
It is initially, but you just have to scroll all the way through their terms and conditions and then it will allow you to select "I agree"

Where are the immunization forms on myrecord tracker?
I think we have to upload our own copy. I don't see any specific ICOM form that we have to use to show our vaccination record. Anyone else have a helpful hint for this??

I think we have to upload our own copy. I don't see any specific ICOM form that we have to use to show our vaccination record. Anyone else have a helpful hint for this??
Agreed. No ICOM form. I just submitted mine.

Has anyone been accepted off of the medium priority waitlist yet?

Do we have to get an ipad? I vaguely remember hearing something about how everything is done through apple and every student has an ipad?

Do we have to get an ipad? I vaguely remember hearing something about how everything is done through apple and every student has an ipad?
DONT BUY ONE JUST YET! I was like 2 clicks away from buying one, but then a current First-year advised me not to. Apparently included in our cost of tuition/attendance is the price for the iPad, apple pencil and keyboard. They buy them all, put all the apps on there that we need and give them to us during orientation. Things could always change I guess and that could no longer be the case, but I for sure would wait until after the Accepted Students Day call this Wednesday to buy one. Im sure there will be a bunch of information coming our way during that meeting.

DONT BUY ONE JUST YET! I was like 2 clicks away from buying one, but then a current First-year advised me not to. Apparently included in our cost of tuition/attendance is the price for the iPad, apple pencil and keyboard. They buy them all, put all the apps on there that we need and give them to us during orientation. Things could always change I guess and that could no longer be the case, but I for sure would wait until after the Accepted Students Day call this Wednesday to buy one. Im sure there will be a bunch of information coming our way during that meeting.

First year here. Mr. T to Dr. T is correct and that won't be changing. They will give you these products and they will help you set up everything on the first day of orientation. They'll also have a lot of productivity apps that they have purchased for you already, so don't worry about those just yet either. Unless they specifically tell you to buy something, don't buy it yet. Bring yourselves to the orientation (mandatory) and you'll spend a week going over everything you need and getting accustomed to the school :) I'm excited to meet all of you that have gotten accepted!

Last edited:

There was a website we had last year when supplying all of this information. You will also upload other requirements there such as your BLS certification. Unless they have told you that things will be different this year, you'll be getting an email on this within the next month or so I would imagine.

I just had to update mine last weekend. Go to the American Heart Association website and there will be an option to find a class near you. There was plenty of options for me but that may change depending on your area.

Hmm okay. Did you have to get a PPD done?

Wait on the PPD unless they have told you otherwise. You'll have to do a 2 step PPD within a certain time frame (so if you do a single now, you may have to do another two later) or do the blood assay for TB. They should be giving you more information on this and other matriculation requirements in the future if they haven't already done so. If they gave you other instructions, disregard this :)

First year here. Mr. T to Dr. T is correct and that won't be changing. They will give you these products and they will help you set up everything on the first day of orientation. They'll also have a lot of productivity apps that they have purchased for you already, so don't worry about those just yet either. Unless they specifically tell you to buy something, don't buy it yet. Bring yourselves to the orientation (mandatory) and you'll spend a week going over everything you need and getting accustomed to the school :) I'm excited to meet all of you that have gotten accepted!
Have they bought the anki app for us? I know it costs $25 on the Apple App Store. I was about to purchase it.

Have they bought the anki app for us? I know it costs $25 on the Apple App Store. I was about to purchase it.
Not yet. I think one of our faculty members mentioned something about trying to get it(?) for next year since so many of us use it, but nothing as of yet as far as I know. It’s free for computers if you have one at your disposal. The computer version also has greater capabilities when it comes to creating cards since you can download add ons to the software for PC/Mac.

Based on our most recent update about this, yes they will be getting Anki for us, as well as Osmosis and Sketchy, starting this year. We will also be getting Lecturio starting our fourth semester for a question bank.

Even if the Anki part changes, I would still recommend getting it...I swear up and down by Anki, and the $25 I spent on it has been more than worth it.

Edit to add: seconding what my classmate said, that the computer version is free and easier to make/edit cards on. The main reason I shelled out for the iPad app is because I started taking my iPad with me everywhere, which is something I just don't do with my laptop! So it was way easier to knock out lots of cards in the day when I always had my iPad version with me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted off the waitlist today! Looking forward to being part of the class of 2024! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, as it is moving!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Looking forward to being part of the class of 2024! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, as it is moving!
Wonderful! People have posted that they are looking for roommates. So be on the lookout for that.