2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you send the update and get confirmation that they received it?
what kind of letter update did you send that would just be so good for them to offer u a seat next day

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got an email saying they re reviewed my application as I got a letter of intent sent in and letters of reference saying I am still on waitlist but should move forward with masters program. how annoying and weird is that to hear
Are your stats low? Masters programs are usually meant to fix gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
I have submitted both my AIS score and the MCAT and not sure which scores does the admissions team consider??? Any thoughts?

I have submitted both my AIS score and the MCAT and not sure which scores does the admissions team consider??? Any thoughts?

Not sure, I gave both too, since they're both pretty good.

Okay I double-checked and they will consider the MCAT score. Its on my folder items. If they used AIS then they'd have you send the official scores from college board .

Last edited:
Waitlisted/alternated at Lecom Elmira got the letter yesterday

Members don't see this ad :)
Got waitlisted after being asked if I was interested in my second choice campus so I'm not sure what that means lol

what was ur first choice
erie was my first choice and i indicated seton hill as my number two, was asked if i was interested in seton hill last week and got my hopes up, then received a generic waitlist letter today (not specifying a campus)
i understand that i'm fortunate to be on a waitlist, but at this point in the cycle it's hard to hold out hope ya know

Did anyone got into LECOM with GPA/ AIS only because the MCAT requirement was not met with the score received?

Reactions: 1 user
A few words for those of you on the alternate list:

Having been in the same position last year, I know how frustrating and demoralizing it is to still be on the waitlist with June being right around the corner and having to prepare to reapply. The worst thing you can do is be too hard on yourself especially now. As someone that didn't get into LECOM (my only acceptance last year) until the very end of July, I can tell you that the cycle is far from over. I can count at least 10 people in my class at Seton Hill that got in off the waitlist after the end of May with around 6 getting in after I did. Keep letting them know you are interested, be smart and reapply, and do yourself the favor of looking forward as to how you can improve rather than backward as to what you did wrong. This is a terribly long, arduous, and demoralizing process that takes a lot more than it gives. Keep your heads up and never stop fighting for the dream of becoming a physician. Medical school admissions is a very imperfect process and the lack of an acceptance letter does not mean that you never will or shouldn't become a physician. It just means that it might take you a little longer to get there.

I hope you all are staying safe and if there's anything you all have questions about, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Funzies

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
A few words for those of you on the alternate list:

Having been in the same position last year, I know how frustrating and demoralizing it is to still be on the waitlist with June being right around the corner and having to prepare to reapply. The worst thing you can do is be too hard on yourself especially now. As someone that didn't get into LECOM (my only acceptance last year) until the very end of July, I can tell you that the cycle is far from over. I can count at least 10 people in my class at Seton Hill that got in off the waitlist after the end of May with around 6 getting in after I did. Keep letting them know you are interested, be smart and reapply, and do yourself the favor of looking forward as to how you can improve rather than backward as to what you did wrong. This is a terribly long, arduous, and demoralizing process that takes a lot more than it gives. Keep your heads up and never stop fighting for the dream of becoming a physician. Medical school admissions is a very imperfect process and the lack of an acceptance letter does not mean that you never will or shouldn't become a physician. It just means that it might take you a little longer to get there.

I hope you all are staying safe and if there's anything you all have questions about, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Funzies

Hi,
Could you maybe take some time to share/explain how the seton hill academic is structured?

1) how are students graded(pass fail? ABCD?)
2) how are key subjects covered in STEPS, like biochem are taught in PBL?
3) how do you study for your exams or materials in PBL settings or seton hill settings

Hi,
Could you maybe take some time to share/explain how the seton hill academic is structured?

1) how are students graded(pass fail? ABCD?)
2) how are key subjects covered in STEPS, like biochem are taught in PBL?
3) how do you study for your exams or materials in PBL settings or seton hill settings
1) Grades are A,B,C,F no plus or minus grades.
2) Each semester for PBL is broken up into blocks. Each block has a theme. For example, the block I just finished focused on renal physiology, some microbiology, and nitrogen metabolism.
3) Reading the textbooks is the main way to study because our test questions come exclusively from the textbook pages that we pick in our groups. I use Anki a ton as well, and supplement with boards material like boards & beyond and sketchy.

Feel free to ask more specific questions!

1) Grades are A,B,C,F no plus or minus grades.
2) Each semester for PBL is broken up into blocks. Each block has a theme. For example, the block I just finished focused on renal physiology, some microbiology, and nitrogen metabolism.
3) Reading the textbooks is the main way to study because our test questions come exclusively from the textbook pages that we pick in our groups. I use Anki a ton as well, and supplement with boards material like boards & beyond and sketchy.

Feel free to ask more specific questions!
1. does PBL blocks follow along with the lecture based schedules ? Or do we not have access to them until you enter the room?
2. How’s the stress level as a student doing ABCF system / be honest
3. how many textbooks do you get since you are learning so many different subjects?

thank you, this will really help moving forward

Last edited:
1. does PBL blocks follow along with the lecture based schedules ? Or do we not have access to them until you enter the room?
2. How’s the stress level as a student doing ABCF system / be honest
3. how many textbooks do you get since you are learning so many different subjects?

thank you, this will really help moving forward
1. They don’t line up at all which so why you can’t switch between LDP and PBL. You don’t get access to the LDP lectures as a PBL student.
2. The grading system is only as stressful as you make it. Passing and board scores are still the number one priority. I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about what my grades are exactly, I focus on just making sure I actually learn the material (and good grades tend to come along with that anyways).
3. There are 12 main textbooks that we use, 1 for each of the following disciplines:
  • Anatomy
  • Biochemistry
  • Embryology
  • Genetics
  • Histology
  • Immunology
  • Medicine
  • Microbiology
  • Neuroanatomy
  • Pathology
  • Pharmacology
  • Physiology

Portal change Monday 5/18, waiting for decision. Interview 4/16

Reactions: 1 user
my gpas increased from my spring 2020 semester. any chance I can get off the waiting list. my science gpa went from a 3.43 to 3.50

Not a word. Not sure how many seats they still have. Their FB page already has 145 members and not sure how many of these people are admitted students.

Based on trends from past years, the outlook for WL movement at this point in the cycle seems bleak for LECOM in general. Very few reported acceptances off the waitlist on SDN after mid May last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk