2019-2020 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received the call, accepted as a Pediatrics applicant. Interviewed 10/15/19, sent an update 12/14/19. Hope people actually want this info and I am not giving people more anxiety. Happy holidayz y'all.
Congrats! May I ask stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think I had a shot, but submitted in October after seeing some LM<70 folk get IIs.
Uploaded an update shortly after submitting.

Reactions: 10 users
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think I had a shot, but submitted in October after seeing some LM<70 folk get IIs.
Uploaded an update shortly after submitting.
Yeah I submitted the very last day or close to it and I got an ii. Congratulations and best of luck to us both!

How did you prepare for the interview?
Read up on medical ethics. I suggest WashU's bioethics page. Know your application. Practice some MMI questions with a friend. Be prepared, be confident, and make the most of the experience :)

Does anyone know if they'll be sending anymore interview invites? And if so, roughly how many?

Does anyone know if they'll be sending anymore interview invites? And if so, roughly how many?

I think they open up slots as they go along. A previous poster said the only available date was 1/7, but I recently scheduled 1/9.

I've also read somewhere that they're doing 2-3 interview days a month, so if they do extend into Feb, there may be a few left. With maybe 20 people per day, could be 40-60 invites left.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R just now. Complete 7/24. Internal medicine.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. Sucks because I actually really dig the accelerated, primary care focused curriculum.

Just got Wait Listed 2 days ago. Interviewed in September. Surgery.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
For those who have submitted updates (post interview), did you get a confirmation that it was received? I submitted and update on the app site and also emailed the dean (as he mentioned to do if we submitted an update), but didn’t hear anything back.

For those who have submitted updates (post interview), did you get a confirmation that it was received? I submitted and update on the app site and also emailed the dean (as he mentioned to do if we submitted an update), but didn’t hear anything back.
I did not receive confirmation, but when I was accepted he told me he saw my update.

Did you email them that you uploaded something to the portal?
yup! I said:
Good evening,

I wanted to send an email informing the admissions committee that I posted an update in the attachments section of my applicant portal. In the last several months, I have been taking part in new activities in addition to my full time work as a scribe. Thank you for taking the time to interview me (10/15/19) and thank you for taking the time to review my application. I hope this email finds you well and that you have a wonderful holiday with your families!

Can someone please give me a snapshot of what the 3 hour interview is like? I'm interviewing next Monday (!!). I heard it is an MMI, but the 3 hour interview has me really scratching my head. Do they ask ethical questions? Personal questions?

Can someone please give me a snapshot of what the 3 hour interview is like? I'm interviewing next Monday (!!). I heard it is an MMI, but the 3 hour interview has me really scratching my head. Do they ask ethical questions? Personal questions?

Congrats on the interview!

Can't tell you much about the format or questions (they made us sign an NDA), but it's not really a three-hour interview. After lunch, there's a group activity, a quick break, the MMI, a quick break, and the group interview with Dean Barlev.

Also, I heard from a reddit thread that this interview on Monday was an add-on day and that there likely will not be any more interview dates, as a heads up. Is sharing outside links allowed here?

Congrats on the interview!

Can't tell you much about the format or questions (they made us sign an NDA), but it's not really a three-hour interview. After lunch, there's a group activity, a quick break, the MMI, a quick break, and the group interview with Dean Barlev.

Also, I heard from a reddit thread that this interview on Monday was an add-on day and that there likely will not be any more interview dates, as a heads up. Is sharing outside links allowed here?
Would you mind dming me the link plz? Thanks!

They said today that they won't acknowledge any updates they receive and won't reply to emails about updates either.

They said today that they won't acknowledge any updates they receive and won't reply to emails about updates either.
Thanks! I don’t recall them mentioning that during my interview but that’s helpful to know now so I don’t expect anything. I appreciate it :)

Thats not true, I have email proof from them saying they accept updates and they welcome them.

Thats not true, I have email proof from them saying they accept updates and they welcome them.
They do accept updates they just won't send an email back to you acknowledging they got it.

Post-II R yesterday. I interviewed late September. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I have a missed call from a 516 number :eek: :eek: :eek: :oops: tried calling back but no answer there was some weird instrumental music and some muffled recorded message....god knows if it was even related to nyuli at all......

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I also had a missed call from a 516 number... but got a busy signal when I called back

I also had a missed call from a 516 number... but got a busy signal when I called back
The call will come from garden city. And when you call it back, it is NYU Winthrop Hospital and an operator person will say "I did not call you, all outgoing calls from this hospital are from this number." LOL I know this because I missed the first call which was around 7 AM Pacific time.

• Haha
+1 on R; LM = 69, OOS, Peds, Complete 8/3

• Sad
Do any people with recent interviews know any updates on when they expect to have final decisions? Still waiting from septemberrrr :/

Do any people with recent interviews know any updates on when they expect to have final decisions? Still waiting from septemberrrr :/
I recall that offers of admission will be extended to only few exceptional candidates before February as they wanted to interview everyone for an available spot.

I think February was when they will make their final decisions. Take it with a grain of salt as this was months ago and my memory is poor lol

I keep hearing Feb/March but I think the best way to look at it is expect that R anytime now and hope you don't get it; they've been steadily rejecting people for months so no news is good news even if you don't hear until June. 0.25% chance of admission from application and 5% chance from interview. Not trying to be a downer- if you expect the worst it won't sting as much and if you get in you'll be even happier you did.
Btw what specialty did you choose?

Reactions: 3 users
I recall that offers of admission will be extended to only few exceptional candidates before February as they wanted to interview everyone for an available spot.

I think February was when they will make their final decisions. Take it with a grain of salt as this was months ago and my memory is poor lol
Hi my name is spaget, I do parties, and if you just take my card..

• Haha