2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Considering they have just cancelled the 2nd look day, I would think they are wrapping up invites ASAP as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
...I highly, highly doubt your acceptance would be determined by a post-interview survey. I wouldn't stress abut it for a second. The survey is more than likely for their own planning.
Can anyone elaborate on these survey options a bit? Is the University Park Option the same as the University Park Program, or is there also an option to do years 1-2 in Hershey and 3-4 in University Park?
Does anyone know for the lottery option how many students end up staying in Hershey as compared to going to one of their affiliate sites?

Anyone have any ideas about when they may be sending another round of post-interview decisions?

Reactions: 2 users
FYI - Penn State does require parental info on FAFSA forms. I left a voicemail and their office called me back today.

Does anyone know when they will be accepting letters of intent?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the application/ interview process is like for the special pathway programs?

How are the tests during 1st and 2nd year? I remember someone saying it was a lot of essays but if someone could clarify that would be helpful.

Also, wondering when students take both Step 1 and Step 2? I heard they have a different timeline for these exams than other schools
Hi! The exams in MS1 and MS2 are essay style. The theory is that if you are able to critically think through the scenarios presented and if you are able to explain the answers that you are providing, you will have a better clinical understanding of what is going on and will be prepared for not only Step, but for rotations. We take Step 1 at the end of third year (which several schools are moving toward, as there have been strong results seen nationally with this move). Step 2 is taken between MS3 and MS4.

Accepted 15 minutes ago! Interviewed January 27th.

Does anyone when I should expect financial aid to be released? I had already submitted FAFSA before I got the acceptance.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted 15 minutes ago! Interviewed January 27th.

Does anyone when I should expect financial aid to be released? I had already submitted FAFSA before I got the acceptance.

Congratulations!! Excited to hear some good news for once haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes anyone who was accepted a while ago receive financial aid package yet?

does anyone know when they stop interviewing here? just waiting for my pre-ii R haha

Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know when they stop interviewing here? just waiting for my pre-ii R haha

Their website says through March. I'm also awaiting that pre-II R.

Does anyone know if the COVID-19 situation will impact the timeliness of admission decisions/announcements?

Reactions: 7 users
Was placed on pre-II hold on Jan. 7. No correspondence since. Very nervous that I'm not going to receive an II at this point.

Was put on waitlist after interview, still waiting

Could any current student tell us how covid is affecting classes? has everything moved online?

Accepted this morning! Interviewed on 1/22

Reactions: 4 users
Post-Interview Committee Hold this morning. Interviewed early February. Anyone know what the hold movement is like here?

Accepted post interview this morning! Interviewed 1/29!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted post interview this morning! Interviewed 1/29!

Did you receive an email or was it a portal update? I interviewed in February so I think I will have to wait a little longer!

Post-II hold as well! Interviewed late January. Congrats to those who were accepted :)

Have there been post-interview Rs? Or does everyone who isn’t accepted get waitlisted?

Have there been post-interview Rs? Or does everyone who isn’t accepted get waitlisted?

Reporter bias. Most people don’t post rejections pre or post interview because it doesn’t benefit them at that point

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received financial aid information? If so how did you access it?

Accepted today, interviewed 10/28, placed on hold 1/9

I know this was a month ago, but congratulations on being accepted! I was wondering if you did anything to get off the hold list (letter of intent, update letter, letter of rec, etc)? Thanks!

Admitted yesterday!!! (at 5am CT lol) Interviewed 1/15

Reactions: 4 users
I know this was a month ago, but congratulations on being accepted! I was wondering if you did anything to get off the hold list (letter of intent, update letter, letter of rec, etc)? Thanks!
I didn't do anything. Also, I don't think Penn State accepts anything except for transcript updates

+1 would like to know
So I just submitted my FAFSA but I do know there’s a tab for financial aid in the portal! And I think they update it once they receive your FAFSA???

Edited for clarification: I personally have not received financial aid info yet because I just submitted FAFSA.

Post-interview hold....Is there a way to find out where I am on the list? A friend got off the waitlist for her current med school last year but knew she was 11th on the list, so she was able to plan accordingly. Thanks!

Has anyone received financial aid information? If so how did you access it?

This is an email I got this morning from the Student Aid Office:

"Thank you for your email. You can expect to hear from us by mid-April for financial aid packages if not before. Just keep an eye out on your email for more information from Penn State. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

Post-interview hold....Is there a way to find out where I am on the list? A friend got off the waitlist for her current med school last year but knew she was 11th on the list, so she was able to plan accordingly. Thanks!

Most schools are pretty transparent about whether they communicate wait list ranking. I know that OHSU is one of those schools that communicates waitlist ranking...but transparency is rare. I think it's reasonable if you call the admissions office to ask.

I finally heard back, but I was placed on a post-interview hold. Does anyone know if they have a good movement off their waitlist?