You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Quinnipiac (Netter)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
fighterofthenightman
Full Member
Complete date?
I submitted the secondary on 7/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone who got their II!!
*~*~*~*~Official 2019-2020 Allopathic Interview List~*~*~*~*
Updated 8/6 (AZ) Mayo Clinic (Arizona) - 08/05 (AZ) University of Arizona - Phoenix - late July? (CA) Kaiser Permanente - 7/15 (CA) Keck - 7/9 (CA) UC Davis - 7/22 (CA) UC Irvine - 7/24 (CT) Quinnipiac - 7/26 (CT) Yale - 7/22 (DC) George Washington - 7/15 (DC) Georgetown - 7/12 (FL) Florida...
Added Quinnipiac to the list of schools that have sent out IIs !
Anyone else dread doing the "advice to younger self" essay and then end up pumping yourself up by the end of it? lmao
rplanishek
Full Member
Bradley. Let me know if you have any other questions about the area because I'm a student at QU!Anyone know the best airport to fly to to? New haven, BDL, or Harfort?or even New York airports?
Bradley. Let me know if you have any other questions about the area because I'm a student at QU!
How far is it from Bradley to QU??
rplanishek
Full Member
45 minutes when there's no traffic.... but it's CT so there's always traffic. But Bradley is the airport in Hartford and the New Haven is actually a train depot that will take you from Hartford to New Haven.How far is it from Bradley to QU??
45 minutes when there's no traffic.... but it's CT so there's always traffic. But Bradley is the airport in Hartford and the New Haven is actually a train depot that will take you from Hartford to New Haven.
Would you recommend the train rather than taking a shuttle or some other car service??
rplanishek
Full Member
Definitely not because the train is not in a good area of New Haven.Would you recommend the train rather than taking a shuttle or some other car service??
The train station is relatively safe though
I guess depending on the time of day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm scheduled for 8/26. If anyone wants to ride with me to the interview, PM me.
My flight is scheduled to leave at 9:30 PM from JFK after the interview. I should be good, right?
Hi all. This is a question for current Netter students. Just curious with Hep B vaccine, if you’re still in the middle of the series when you start school, will you have to delay starting MeSH? Feeling a bit concerned about that since my final dose falls around Dec.
Sorry if this has already been asked, but for the academic requirements, if it says 2 courses of biology with lab but my lecture and labs were separated, do I input 4 courses (2 lectures and 2 labs?)
Hi there! I am a current student at Netter and I wouldn't say rural care is a part of their mission. They certainly value primary care, but our match lists cover a myriad of specialties and they encourage us to pursue whatever is of most interest to us! I am originally from an urban area, and talked about my desire to ultimately practice in such setting with obviously no issue 🙂 Good luck with apps!!
Do you think they would care if you didn't talk about primary care in the "What area of medicine do you envision yourself" question? The match list is pretty varied in specialty but could you possibly get screened out? Thanks!
Do you think they would care if you didn't talk about primary care in the "What area of medicine do you envision yourself" question? The match list is pretty varied in specialty but could you possibly get screened out? Thanks!
It’s probably fair to say you don’t know what specialty you want to pursue yet, but maybe mention if you think you want to be in the community, private practice, academia, if you think you want to have more long-term relationships with your patients, etc
SchwiftyRick
Full Member
for those who got an II, did you get a separate "application complete email"? All I got was a secondary application submitted confirmation...
Here4MyBoo
New Member
Prerequisite section question: If I took a class in the spring of the 2014-2015 school year, would I type 2014 or 2015 in the year box?
D
deleted950958
What airport are people flying in to? I have no idea which is best, and it seems like there aren't any good times for flights for me at any of the airports they list.
What airport are people flying in to? I have no idea which is best, and it seems like there aren't any good times for flights for me at any of the airports they list.
Bradley International. Fly in sometime the day before.
ErrythingBlack
Full Member
Hey y’all, if anyone has their interview for August 16th & wants to split the ride to the airport let me know! I would go right after the interview
Hope4Me2BADoc
Full Member
For the courses, is it better to use AP credit or upper level coursework to fulfill the requirement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the format of the interviews? is it MMI? a hybrid? Just curious?
Does anyone know the format of the interviews? is it MMI? a hybrid? Just curious?
2 interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student
For entering the prerequisites, if my courses are listed on my transcript as 3 hour lecture and then a 1 hour lab, do I enter each of those separately, and then choose the "lab?" check box for the labs?
Or is that check box just to indicate if you took a lab with that course?
Or is that check box just to indicate if you took a lab with that course?
For entering the prerequisites, if my courses are listed on my transcript as 3 hour lecture and then a 1 hour lab, do I enter each of those separately, and then choose the "lab?" check box for the labs?
Or is that check box just to indicate if you took a lab with that course?
I checked it only on the lab course. I’m sure as long as you put in all the courses they can figure it out
Secondary submitted today (7/31). Congrats to everyone who got II already!
So Netter seems pretty primary care focused, do y'all think to the extent that they'd considered a borderline "mission school"?
pugpy_dawg
Full Member
II!!! Omg!!! I am having the best day lol
juliagoooooolia
New Member
First II!!! OOS, LM 76, complete July 17th!
The question that has you describe a time when you sought out something outside of your comfort zone is so weird....like I don't know how much I can talk about WHY I tried something outside my comfort zone. It'd be a lot easier to discuss how you handled the experience once you were in it
ikr!! Also I dont know if we should write about serious experiences or some random experience? Like I did skydiving even when I am afraid of heights. I feel like that doesn't hit the point. And I don't know how it ties with medical school...
D
deleted971841
This essay extra-sucked because I had prewritten my “advice to myself” essay about stepping out of my comfort zone more often. 😆 Really wrote a whole essay about not selling myself short and taking on new experiences just to throw it in the trash.ikr!! Also I dont know if we should write about serious experiences or some random experience? Like I did skydiving even when I am afraid of heights. I feel like that doesn't hit the point. And I don't know how it ties with medical school...
ikr!! Also I dont know if we should write about serious experiences or some random experience? Like I did skydiving even when I am afraid of heights. I feel like that doesn't hit the point. And I don't know how it ties with medical school...
It doesnt have to tie in with Med school. skydiving with a fear of heights is awesome. overcoming fears on your own and willingness to try new things knowing its not your forte.
I'm sure you can turn it around a bit and write about how you can improve instead of mentioning it as a 'comfort zone' specifically!This essay extra-sucked because I had prewritten my “advice to myself” essay about stepping out of my comfort zone more often. 😆 Really wrote a whole essay about not selling myself short and taking on new experiences just to throw it in the trash.
helpwithschoollist
New Member
Does anyone have any recommendations on hotels? Is it better to use the shuttle or Uber?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any recommendations on hotels? Is it better to use the shuttle or Uber?
This isn't specific to Netter but I always use airbnb when I travel these days. More comfortable and usually 1/3 the cost.
Is the two weeks rule required for this school? It says recommended in the email they sent but on the secondary it says submit within 2 weeks. I'm on week 3 ><
I submitted after two weeks! LolIs the two weeks rule required for this school? It says recommended in the email they sent but on the secondary it says submit within 2 weeks. I'm on week 3 ><
I submitted after two weeks! Lol
Have you heard back?
I got the completed email after I submitted but that is it. I submitted less than a week ago though.Have you heard back?