-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rochester
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
turbo_yeet
Full Member
II just now! Three dates in February, two in early March.
Should updates be emailed or uploaded? I’m worried they won’t read it before giving me that pre-II R if I upload it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you on hold??II just now! Three dates in February, two in early March.
turbo_yeet
Full Member
Yep! Since mid novemberWere you on hold??
IJustWannaDoc
Full Member
Has anyone on hold who got an email saying they'll hear about an interview in the beginning of January still not heard?
I ended up hearing. Try emailing them?Has anyone on hold who got an email saying they'll hear about an interview in the beginning of January still not heard?
Has anyone on hold who got an email saying they'll hear about an interview in the beginning of January still not heard?
I have not...email doesn't sounds like a bad idea, its time to start clearing up the spreadsheet
IJustWannaDoc
Full Member
Did you email them and they responded with a decision?I ended up hearing. Try emailing them?
ruins16
Full Member
I just emailed them and will edit once I receive a response. I got the hold email in late November.Did you email them and they responded with a decision?
EDIT: As of 2/1/20 still no response, and based on other messages in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't hear from them for a while.
Last edited:
premed-1326
Full Member
I also got the hold email but have not heard since then. And I sent them an update
happybday1972
Full Member
Anyone that interviewed after 12/17 hear back yet?
LaLaLaTra
Full Member
Same here.
I also got the hold email but have not heard since then. And I sent them an update
IJustWannaDoc
Full Member
I emailed them to ask about this on Tuesday and they have not gotten back to me yetHas anyone on hold who got an email saying they'll hear about an interview in the beginning of January still not heard?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluelight123
Full Member
Anyone that interviewed after 12/17 hear back yet?
I interviewed on 12/4 and I still haven't heard back so don't worry (maybe I should worry though)
I interviewed on 12/4 and I still haven't heard back so don't worry (maybe I should worry though)
I don't think you should worry. I haven't heard of any correlation between the length of time for a post-II decision and the decision outcome itself. For both Rochester and any medical school in general. Again, it's not something you can control so why worry.
We have plenty of other things to worry about haha
bluelight123
Full Member
I don't think you should worry. I haven't heard of any correlation between the length of time for a post-II decision and the decision outcome itself. For both Rochester and any medical school in general. Again, it's not something you can control so why worry.
We have plenty of other things to worry about haha
Good point, thanks!
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
for those who haven't heard back (besides that "on hold email" in Nov, should we assume it's game over? they said they'll get back to us with some outcome decision in January...
polydactylpterodactyl
Full Member
So people recieved this email and actually heard back by beginning of January? If not, are they more receptive to calling or email?
FutureDocPNW
Full Member
Waitlisted today, interviewed 12/5
Was put on hold in November. I sent a letter of interest late January and got a message back saying they're still reviewing applications. All hope is not lost! Interviews apparently go on until March so fingers and toes crossed.
Did you send your letter of interest as an email or upload it to the portal? I uploaded a letter to the portal but did not receive a response.Was put on hold in November. I sent a letter of interest late January and got a message back saying they're still reviewing applications. All hope is not lost! Interviews apparently go on until March so fingers and toes crossed.
happybday1972
Full Member
WL today, interviewed mid-december. What are the chances of getting off the wait list? do they even reject anyone post interview?
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
i submitted to the portal and also did not receive a response. i don't think you should be receiving a response tho?
WL today, interviewed mid-december. What are the chances of getting off the wait list? do they even reject anyone post interview?
My MSAR has expired now, but I wrote down that they WL 350-400, and of those about 30 are accepted. If someone has an active account they can confirm though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluelight123
Full Member
Waitlisted today, interviewed 12/5
+1
Pre-II R.
Ight Imma Head Out.
Ight Imma Head Out.
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
I'm sorry 🙁 did you receive that "on hold" email in Nov?Pre-II R.
Ight Imma Head Out.
+1Just got hit with the pre-II R. Got the still under review notification in November.
+2. Been getting a ton of R's recently but this one especially hurt ... in-state and stats were all above MSARsJust got hit with the pre-II R. Got the still under review notification in November.
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
+3Just got hit with the pre-II R. Got the still under review notification in November.
anxiouzbroni
Full Member
Another one to add to my R pile. This week is brutal
Alexa play I feel it coming by the weeknd
R
IJustWannaDoc
Full Member
R. Its too cold here anyway.
+1
Joining the R club!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wooo rejected
GL to everyone else!
GL to everyone else!
woke up to a nice R. Good luck everyone else who is still in the running!
theorchestraplayson
Full Member
R
CorrectMy MSAR has expired now, but I wrote down that they WL 350-400, and of those about 30 are accepted. If someone has an active account they can confirm though!