2019-2020 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i’m legit SO happy for you I’ve been holding out hope for you these last few months and am so happy to see this!!!!
Thank you!! We are going to be classmates. Yayyyyy

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am still looking for a male roommate if anyone is looking to share an apartment near RowanSOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Any possible movement since the last batch got admitted? I was told I was in the top 10-15 two days ago and there was a chance maybe :/

Any possible movement since the last batch got admitted? I was told I was in the top 10-15 two days ago and there was a chance maybe :/

Did admissions call you at all? I am very close I was told and there could be movement up until Monday/Tuesday. They will also at the very end be getting a headcount and filling up open seats until they reach 216.

Did admissions call you at all? I am very close I was told and there could be movement up until Monday/Tuesday. They will also at the very end be getting a headcount and filling up open seats until they reach 216.
Yea, they called two days ago and asked if I was still interested and said I was maybe going to get a call up until Monday. During the call it sounded more than likely that I would get one, but now that Saturday is almost over I’m nervous. I was also told last year they admitted two people the day of orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
This might be the most stressful week of the whole admissions process for those of us on the alternate list lol. Never got a call but i've been bugging admissions pretty consistently about my interest so I'm not sure what to expect

Reactions: 2 users
I got a call from them about 3 days ago as well with possible movement on the alternate waitlist in the coming days. I called them back today and they said there has not been any movement yet :(

I got a call from them about 3 days ago as well with possible movement on the alternate waitlist in the coming days. I called them back today and they said there has not been any movement yet :(
Did they say anything on what they would expect to happen? I feel like It is very unlikely right now but I’m clinging onto a little bit of hope. :/

Reactions: 1 users
Don't lose hope!! I got my acceptance on Friday. Earlier, admissions told me that I was high on the list and that they expect some movement to be going on as they need to make sure all 216 seats are filled up. They told me to keep my phone on and that I had a very good chance to get accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
Did they say anything on what they would expect to happen? I feel like It is very unlikely right now but I’m clinging onto a little bit of hope. :/

They were shocked that there wasn't any movement. Not clear what would be expected next, I am hoping something happens on Monday when they go back to work! I am losing hope hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
Don't lose hope!! I got my acceptance on Friday. Earlier, admissions told me that I was high on the list and that they expect some movement to be going on as they need to make sure all 216 seats are filled up. They told me to keep my phone on and that I had a very good chance to get accepted.
Congratulations!!

Spoke with admissions today, they said I am over 15 spots away and that I most likely won’t be admitted. They also said that they didn’t have as much movement as they expected over the weekend

Reactions: 2 users
Just spoke with admissions, basically sounds like if people do not show up to orientation today, they will try to contact those people and see if they still want to attend. If there are people that do not attend orientation and do not want to attend any longer, they may admit people off the list. I was told the people that were called last week that were the next 10-15 people up, will be told if they are not admitted after this process.

Reactions: 1 users
Spoke with admissions today, they said I am over 15 spots away and that I most likely won’t be admitted. They also said that they didn’t have as much movement as they expected over the weekend
We still have the next application cycle!!!! Let’s get it!!!

Rejected a few days ago. They seem to only care if you want to be a doctor in NJ. Forget the patients in the other 49 states.

I understand their logic though.

Accepted! Interviewed late Jan, placed on alternate list 2/18. Also, I was told they are closed for the holiday weekend for those trying to call.
would you mind sharing your stats pls? rowan is my top choice!