2019-2020 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I first asked them this like in Feb they told me its usually end of June and right before the 1st day of classes. Some years they don't even reach the regular list and some years they do. I am hoping they reach it this year! 8 wks until the 1st day of school so not much of an answer lol
When do classes begin?

Members don't see this ad.

From the website

First Year Program (Class of 2024)
07/13/20 - 07/17/20 Mon - Fri Orientation and Registration
07/20/20 Mon Fall Term begins
08/16/20 Sun White Coat Ceremony
09/07/20 Mon Labor Day - No classes
09/06/20 Sun Last day to withdraw and receive 75% tuition credit
11/26/20 - 11/29/20 Thurs - Sun Thanksgiving Recess - No classes
12/18/20 Fri Fall Term ends
12/19/20 - 1/03/21 Sat - Sun Remediation/Winter Break
01/04/21 Mon Spring Term begins
01/18/21 Mon Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No classes
02/21/21 Sun Last day to withdraw and receive 75% tuition credit
3/20/21 - 3/28/21 Sat - Sun Spring Break - No classes
04/02/21 Fri Spring Holiday - No classes
TBD Thurs AROC Professional Day - No classes
TBD Thurs Research Day
05/28/21 Fri Spring Term ends

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how far they are down the HPWL?
Someone asked and they said about half way. When I called they said they can't tell me. If anyone else calls and and gets an answer please post it! Hugs to my fellow waitlisters!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an acceptance call yesterday! I called admissions last week and the person told me I was "smack in the middle" of the HPWL. I didn't know if they meant halfway through the original list or halfway down the people that had yet to be offered a seat as of that day. The person I spoke with was really nice and helpful and mentioned that there was over 100 people on that list (again, don't know if there were >100 people total on the HPWL or >100 left at the time). I felt pretty discouraged after that phone call, but I got accepted little over a week later! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got an acceptance call yesterday! I called admissions last week and the person told me I was "smack in the middle" of the HPWL. I didn't know if they meant halfway through the original list or halfway down the people that had yet to be offered a seat as of that day. The person I spoke with was really nice and helpful and mentioned that there was over 100 people on that list (again, don't know if there were >100 people total on the HPWL or >100 left at the time). I felt pretty discouraged after that phone call, but I got accepted little over a week later! Good luck to everyone!
What was your interview date? And when did you get waitlisted?

Omg so happy for you!!! Thank you for all the info! Although still confused haha. I think 100 in total. But it would be amazing if they did get through the whole HPWL these last few wks!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I know it is usually unique to each school and year, but is there a time period in which waitlist movement is at its peak? Does most movement usually happen during May/June? Do yall think that movement reach a peak already?
I think the main peaks were April 30th and may 15th when people had to pick one MD and DO school if They were accepted to more than one. But They said there is usually movement until school starts I just don't know how much

Yeah, I've always thought about this. (Not to freak you guys out) but how even is there any movement at all after May 15? Because it requires people with a single MD or DO acceptance to withdraw. Which doesn't make much sense. Do a bunch of people just decide they don't like medicine anymore and want to pursue other things?
No lol But I see how you may think that.

Ex. Person 1 on waitlist for school B and committed to rowan. But then accepted to school B (because someone else declined) and thus declined Rowan spot. Spot opens for us. This can go on and on. Spot given to person 2 that got accepted to school C and declines spot. This can take time. They have to give people at least a wk or two to decide. All of this can happen after the national deadline. T

Ex. Person 1 on three WLs gets accepted to School B and doesn't know if accepted to Rowan. Declines WL spot commits to school B right away. Moves everyone else up on the list.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys & gals, hope to be your classmate but also wanted to give you some hope that I am waiting on another waitlist and so if that happens a spot will open at Rowan for one of you! As some people mentioned above this "chain" if you will takes time and can be set off at any time. I.e person accepted to my 1st choice gets into other program, my spot opens up, spot opens up at Rowan etc.

accidentally deleted my post from earlier but accepted, interviewed 1/28.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an acceptance today HPWL, interviewed 2/13, waitlisted 2/24

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know how many interviews Rowan does in February/March? If the HPWL is ranked chronically it looks like we are getting near the end of the list haha

Does anybody know how many interviews Rowan does in February/March? If the HPWL is ranked chronically it looks like we are getting near the end of the list haha
I dont know how many but I know that this year there was no interviews in April compared to other years.

just called and they said they’re about 75% through the HPWL and they MAY get through it by the end of June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what a typical weekly schedule looks like with classes and labs? obviously things will be different with COVID but just a normal week

I just called admissions. They said there is about 15% left on the HPWL and they may finish the whole list! Hoping for them to reach the regular wait list! They told me I was in the top 15%. of the regular waitlist.

H
I just called admissions. They said there is about 15% left on the HPWL and they may finish the whole list! Hoping for them to reach the regular wait list! They told me I was in the top 15%. of the regular waitlist.
That's so exciting~
How'd you ask where you were on the regular waitlist and get an answer?? Lol whenever I've asked they've just said they can't disclose that information :(

H

That's so exciting~
How'd you ask where you were on the regular waitlist and get an answer?? Lol whenever I've asked they've just said they can't disclose that information :(
A guy answered this time lol. Usually they don't tell me anything lol. I just asked if I was towards the top and he was like you are like top 15%. You should call now while he is still answering the phones LOL

A guy answered this time lol. Usually they don't tell me anything lol. I just asked if I was towards the top and he was like you are like top 15%. You should call now while he is still answering the phones LOL
Danggg just called loll it was the same lady :(

Hey everyone, I have been following the thread so far but I just recently made an account. I interviewed Dec 16 and have been placed on the regular waitlist. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Hey everyone, I have been following the thread so far but I just recently made an account. I interviewed Dec 16 and have been placed on the regular waitlist. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!
Hello! I interviewed 12/7. Regular Waitlist party

She said that they will be able to give our relative spots on the alternate waitlist once they actually start pulling people from it. Soo basically nothing new lol
oh ok. I am hoping a lot of people who are on the regular wait list ended up going to other schools!

How many interviews do you guys think were in March lol. Trying to see how many interview dates we have left on the HPWL. Feel free to comment if you had a March interview!

Got the acceptance yesterday! I interviewed in very late February and was put on HPWL :) good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed March 18. Placed on alternate list April 8