2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement? Priority list was supposed to start April. I’m sure it’s slowed due to the state of things. Anyone hear anything??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know if there's anything accepted students have to do for the april 15th or april 30th deadlines with njms and the choose your medical school tool?

Was the deposit refundable? And if it was, how did y'all ask for your money bacc lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the deposit refundable? And if it was, how did y'all ask for your money bacc lol
I withdrew a few weeks back by emailing admissions and they did refund my deposit through my card.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all. Hope everyone is staying safe!!

Have any accepted students heard anything about scholarships? Just wanna know if it would’ve been included in the financial aid package.

Hey all. Hope everyone is staying safe!!

Have any accepted students heard anything about scholarships? Just wanna know if it would’ve been included in the financial aid package.

nothing yet for me at least. I'm pretty sure they normally send out scholarship emails in April in past years. Not sure if anything changed this year with everything going on.

How much are the acceptance (enrollment) deposit and the second deposit?

Have any accepted students on this thread not received a virtual revisit invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a few students who got it for April 21st but I still haven't received mine.

Did anyone get a scholarship here or are we still waiting on that?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how much waitlist movement there will be from past years? In the email they said they won't have any status updates until end of May, but I'm hoping there will be movement a lot earlier

Priority waitlist? My email for priority waitlist said early April. Crickets still

Priority waitlist? My email for priority waitlist said early April. Crickets still

I didn't get priority, it just said alternate list. I'm not sure if it's a soft R, but I'm still hopeful. I feel like priority definitely moves though!

anyone know if there's anything accepted students have to do for the april 15th or april 30th deadlines with njms and the choose your medical school tool?

If you plan to enroll you have to choose “plan to enroll” by April 30 and withdraw all other acceptances, and “commit to enroll” by July 1 and withdraw from all waitlists. I emailed the admissions office about this since I didn’t find the deadline published anywhere.

Got the call yesterday at 9:25 PM. A!:) over the moon

Reactions: 3 users
Any updates on virtual revisits for regular decision students?

did scholarships get mentioned at the virtual visit?
Limited number of partial scholarships will be given out from now until matriculation. No separate application needed, and all accepted students are considered.

Limited number of partial scholarships will be given out from now until matriculation. No separate application needed, and all accepted students are considered.
Thank you! So we won’t technically know if we got one by April 30th?

That’s terrible lol. Will be withdrawing then. Thanks!
You can always try contacting admissions and see if they can give you some sort of indication if possible. You can try explaining that April 30th is the reason for it and you never know!

Do you withdraw by sending an email to admissions or is it on a portal?

Im going to send it through the admissions email. I scoured the portal trying to find a link there was none. I also tried to find something on refunding the deposit assuming you withdraw before the 30th but nothing on that either smh

Im going to send it through the admissions email. I scoured the portal trying to find a link there was none. I also tried to find something on refunding the deposit assuming you withdraw before the 30th but nothing on that either smh
Withdrew and received my deposit back the next day.

Just withdrew - NJMS was my first interview and will always hold a spot in my heart. GL everyone!

Anyone has an MSAR account and could post waitlist stats (how many applicants get pulled off the waitlist etc)

i checked last year’s thread. doesn’t look like there’s much WL movement for this school ☹️

does anyone remember if the regular alternate list had movement in the past years?

The fact that there’s no reported movement on the high priority list pretty much states the obvious. Hoping but extremely doubtful I’ll get off HPL.

For what it's worth, I was just looked up by a Rutgers Newark Admin and Professor on LinkedIn. They're definitely looking over the waitlist currently.

Reactions: 2 users
For what it's worth, I was just looked up by a Rutgers Newark Admin and Professor on LinkedIn. They're definitely looking over the waitlist currently.
Thanks for sharing, can I ask if youre on the regular or HPWL?