2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Guessing this will only be speculation but from the MSAR data it says 50 people applied ED last year. I found on the NJMS website that they accept about 385 student a year (178 matriculate). How many people do you think they interview from the 50 ED? And how many do you guys think they take from that pool?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guessing this will only be speculation but from the MSAR data it says 50 people applied ED last year. I found on the NJMS website that they accept about 385 student a year (178 matriculate). How many people do you think they interview from the 50 ED? And how many do you guys think they take from that pool?

I think it was 50 people who get in not 50 applicants
 
I remember hearing at the NJMS admission seminar that they get about 60 ED applications a year.

Edit: or was it accepted? Cause then that would mean 83% of ED are accepted and that seems high. Or it could be because Dr. H or Ms. R correctly advise who should do ED.
 
Last edited:
I remember hearing at the NJMS admission seminar that they get about 60 ED applications a year.

Edit: or was it accepted? Cause then that would mean 83% of ED are accepted and that seems high. Or it could be because Dr. H or Ms. R correctly advise who should do ED.
I thought it was 90 applied and 60ish in
 
50 accepted/60 applied = 83%


This makes more sense. Which means ~ 66% of ED are accepted. All I remember is something with 60. It makes more sense that 60 are accepted.
So 66% of applicants, but that’s total number of ED applicants, not applicants who were ED and received an interview, right?
 
Yeah 66% chance is pretty good. But Its probably because Dr.H and Mr.R do a great job advising who should apply. I know people who were advised by them not to apply ED. There's gotta be people who apply that don't consult with them.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the "descriptors or information you consider important to your identity" did y'all write it in a list or sentence form?
 
Did anyone leave the Please share any other descriptors or information you consider important to your identity "question" blank? I'm not sure what else to add since I just elaborated on my ethnicity and culture in the two prior questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad



For this question, it only has one line available making me think this should be short and concise, but as an OOS I have a lot of connections and I could write a paragraph... anyone know what they're looking for here?

I’m OOS as well. I went with the 1500 character limit on that line and used most of them. It worked for me. I think they like people with strong ties so I would utilize it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
  • NJMS is committed to fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. With this in mind, how will you contribute to our medical school community?
Having trouble interpreting this question. Are they asking for your attributes pretty much? It isn't really a diversity question right?
 
  • NJMS is committed to fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. With this in mind, how will you contribute to our medical school community?
Having trouble interpreting this question. Are they asking for your attributes pretty much? It isn't really a diversity question right?
I treated this as a diversity question, but just tailored it to discuss how that diversity will benefit the collaborative environment of NJMS.