2019-2020 Saint Louis

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any tips/insight regarding the interview? Was it more casual or formal, etc.

Thank you!!
I interviewed with them last cycle, it was pretty straight forward and casual. She mainly asked questions about my application and experiences, allowing me to explain more as to why they are significant and why I wanted to go into medicine. I think my interview was about 20-30 minutes tops.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would it be okay to write a Why St. Louis (the city, not the school specifically) for the optional essay? I live about 2 hours from the city and am very fond of it having frequently visited throughout my life. Not sure what else to say and thought of leaving it blank as well
That's largely what I did. I'm from about 2 hours away. St. Louis was the closest big city growing up, so I grew up with Cardinal Baseball, Anheuser-Busch, and the shopping trips to Fairview Heights.
 
Did anyone receive a complete email or just the email you get once you submit the secondary?
 
I submitted mid-July and did not receive one, i just have the email stating the I submitted the secondary and should expect a complete email. How soon did you receive yours?
Check your communication status in the secondary portal to make sure they didnt send you one and you just didnt receive it.
 
Check your communication status in the secondary portal to make sure they didnt send you one and you just didnt receive it.
I did, it just shows the secondary received communication. It does have a green checkmark next to application complete though.
 
I submitted mid-July and did not receive one, i just have the email stating the I submitted the secondary and should expect a complete email. How soon did you receive yours?
I got the "secondary received" email on June 28. And then I got the "complete and under review" email on July 8. Did all of your letter writers submit?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my complete email before I received my secondary received email. Same timestamps, so it must have just differed by a few seconds.
 
Also in their emails it only says my interview is at 10am, but are there any other activities before 10am? Do I get there at 8am or 10am? All the other schools I've been to are 8am lol