2019-2020 Saint Louis

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II yesterday. Checked the stats on Us news website. Last year they had 7350 applications received of which 958 called for interview. 535 were accepted and 177 were enrolled. Happy to be among 1 in 958. Hopefully will get to 1 in 535(acceptances)
Congratulations!!
Do you have link to US news website about stats? Do they have that for many colleges?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview scheduled for 10/21.looking for hotels nearby slu PL suggest which area would be best where I can find restaurants or fast food rests I would not be having my car.
 
Interview scheduled for 10/21.looking for hotels nearby slu PL suggest which area would be best where I can find restaurants or fast food rests I would not be having my car.

Stay anywhere downtown (near the arch) and take an Uber in the morning (15-20 mins).
 
Interview scheduled for 10/21.looking for hotels nearby slu PL suggest which area would be best where I can find restaurants or fast food rests I would not be having my car.

If you don't wanna uber, I recommend staying at the HolidayInn in Central West End. It's connected to both the airport and SLUSOM by metro (with a few blocks of walking). You also get to check out the WashU campus on the way.
 
I can't clarify this school specifically, but I do have one school that the day starts at 10 am, and another that starts at 10:30 am, so the day may just start later. Contact the school for clarification.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at SLU recently, interview day starts around 10:40ish. It starts out with a small presentation from current medical students. Ends at 1PM after tour and lunch.
 

Yea, I don't think so completely. There may be some order, but my guess is that it isnt as linear as expected.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for current student - on the website it says "Throughout the four years, students will explore the basic and clinical sciences through small group activities, computer-based instruction, and case-based tutorials." This sounds like flipped-classroom as opposed to traditional lectures, is this correct?
 
Question for current student - on the website it says "Throughout the four years, students will explore the basic and clinical sciences through small group activities, computer-based instruction, and case-based tutorials." This sounds like flipped-classroom as opposed to traditional lectures, is this correct?

The majority of our classes are traditional lecture, but all of them have small-group components that we are usually required to attend between 1-3 times a week. I doubt they are going to change this significantly for the incoming class, since the current curriculum is already pretty new.
 
scheduled for interview on 10/21. Anybody already interviewed there. How was the interview. what topics did the interviewer cover.

THanks
 
Interviewing here on 10/08. My interview begins at 9 am, but the email with disclosed details stated that "additional activities" (aka tour and lunch) take place sometime between 10:40 and 1 p.m. Am I crazy to be slightly afraid of an hour and forty minute interview? Is this actually what I should expect? Looking for a friend....
 
Interviewing here on 10/08. My interview begins at 9 am, but the email with disclosed details stated that "additional activities" (aka tour and lunch) take place sometime between 10:40 and 1 p.m. Am I crazy to be slightly afraid of an hour and forty minute interview? Is this actually what I should expect? Looking for a friend....
Mine was only about 45 minutes. There's a waiting area where you wait to be called by your interviewer and sit while others are being interviewed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad