You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 SUNY - Downstate
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am also having trouble seeing the available dates!Anyone else having trouble choosing an interview date? I already submitted my dietary preferences
OKAY, glad I'm not the only one LOL. I sent them an email asking if there is anything else I should do.I am also having trouble seeing the available dates!
Did you select "yes" to the financial aid and residence Halls Questions? Someone suggested that the dates may be person-specific and I wonder if it's based on our responses
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OKAY, glad I'm not the only one LOL. I sent them an email asking if there is anything else I should do.
Did you select "yes" to the financial aid and residence Halls Questions? Someone suggested that the dates may be person-specific and I wonder if it's based on our responses
Ah I did! I hope they are able to remedy the situation soon
Perhaps the other dates were already taken?Where do you see dates other than Thursday? I only see Thursday dates open.
II, IS, LM 63, complete 7/25
So do you guys think they're going out of order in terms of reviewing apps? Completed 2nd week of July, haven't heard anything yet :/
Perhaps. I was 7/24.So do you guys think they're going out of order in terms of reviewing apps? Completed 2nd week of July, haven't heard anything yet :/
So do you guys think they're going out of order in terms of reviewing apps? Completed 2nd week of July, haven't heard anything yet :/
SUNY Downstate:
Applications are not reviewed in the order that they are completed, so there may be a considerable delay between when your application is complete and when you are notified of your admissions status.
II received!
IS
complete 7/5
IS
complete 7/5
For those with IIs, did ya'll select YES for the FA and residence hall visits?
yup!For those with IIs, did ya'll select YES for the FA and residence hall visits?
II complete early July IS
Yes, I did!For those with IIs, did ya'll select YES for the FA and residence hall visits?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you able to schedule an interview? There aren't any available dates showing up for me.yup!
Yes I did my friend from last years cycle who is a M1 now told me you can always back out of the tours on the day of as they are not required.For those with IIs, did ya'll select YES for the FA and residence hall visits?
Check December - I thought so too, but the earliest dates I saw are in 12/2019Were you able to schedule an interview? There aren't any available dates showing up for me.
animalfungi123
Full Member
II now, IS, LM 72, I said yes to both. complete 7/3
That's odd because I just check all the way till March 2020 and still nothing. Hmm, not sure if there's any wrong on my endCheck December - I thought so too, but the earliest dates I saw are in 12/2019
BillyOsler
Full Member
Damn yall are fiends, there were at least 5 open september slots just 10 minutes ago
They definitely sent out a mass invitation and all the dates got filled up lol
futbol_2019
Full Member
II just now!! Literally caused a public scene when I read the email lol and also don't see any interview slots available, but I'm sure they'll release more soon.
LM 64. OOS. Complete 8/6
LM 64. OOS. Complete 8/6
II just now!! Literally caused a public scene when I read the email lol and also don't see any interview slots available, but I'm sure they'll release more soon.
LM 64. OOS. Complete 8/6
8/6? That was fast! Congrats!
Were you able to schedule an interview? There aren't any available dates showing up for me.
yes! I saw a ton of dates in september/october from my end. that's super strange that you couldn't see anything. maybe try a different browser? I used chrome
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
II around 11am today with all of you, complete 7/30
so happy this is my first II 😎
so happy this is my first II 😎
Thanks for replying! I used chrome and Firefox and still nothing. I emailed them last week, but they haven't replied yet. They sent me an email today reminding me to sign up for an interview slot . Just hoping that this issue gets resolved soon!yes! I saw a ton of dates in september/october from my end. that's super strange that you couldn't see anything. maybe try a different browser? I used chrome
Thanks for replying! I used chrome and Firefox and still nothing. I emailed them last week, but they haven't replied yet. They sent me an email today reminding me to sign up for an interview slot . Just hoping that this issue gets resolved soon!
No prob! Hmm that's so bizarre, but it sounds like you're on top of things. Maybe try calling if that's an option too, or just send a follow-up email!
My first II! I can finally have some peace of mind. So glad my professor gave us a break at exactly 11AM so I managed to snag a convenient interview date. Does anyone know what the significance of the time slots we chose mean? If I choose 11AM, am I supposed to arrive at 10:30? Thanks!
IS, Complete 7/23, LM 73
Good luck to everyone!
IS, Complete 7/23, LM 73
Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized by looking at the application again and it says don't submit more than two recommendation letters. Submitting more letters will delay your application.
People who got II - Did they submit only two rec letters?
We assign rec letters to school in AMCAS during primary application and may have assigned 3-5 letters at that time.
People who got II - Did they submit only two rec letters?
We assign rec letters to school in AMCAS during primary application and may have assigned 3-5 letters at that time.
I submitted 3 (Science, Non-Science, and Prehealth Adviser) and got II
II earlier today! OOS and complete 7/15. Question for those that got to schedule today: is the 10:15 option considered a morning interview? sorry if that's already been answered.
October dates were available for me, and for the person who asked I submitted only 2 LOR and was very concerned doing so lol. Glad it worked out
October dates were available for me, and for the person who asked I submitted only 2 LOR and was very concerned doing so lol. Glad it worked out
I was invited to an interview late last week and I was waiting to get a syllabus for one of my classes. There were early September interviews open at the time, but when I just checked now, the earliest was December 10. I'm freaking out.... Hope this doesn't ruin my chances.Is having a later interview bad for SUNY downstate. I only have November and December dates available. I know they release acceptances starting from Valentine's day.
futbol_2019
Full Member
I had issues with interview slots showing up, but just checked and multiple are available in November and December.
SO, it's "okay" that I slept on the September 3rd interview, and now have to wait til December 10th??? I'm so upset!!!!!! Like that was pretty idiotic of meI've talked to current downstate students and they said that it's okay to have an interview before 2/14 and anything after gets iffy.
SO, it's "okay" that I slept on the September 3rd interview, and now have to wait til December 10th??? I'm so upset!!!!!! Like that was pretty idiotic of me![]()
Yeah, you should be fine.
Hello. I have a question regarding the interview. So my interview is at 11AM. I just want to confirm that I am supposed to arrive by 10:30AM correct? I ask because it seems the day starts at 9AM so im a little confused. Any clarification would be helpful. Thank you.
Following
BillyOsler
Full Member
There's a "watch" button at the top of the threadFollowing
Hey there! I just confirmed my interview time and was thinking the same thing. The sample schedule in the portal says that between 9am and 11am, there will be check-ins and interviews. So if you arrive by 10:30am, you should have enough time to check in and then have your interivew at 11. It doesn't seem like the day really "starts" until the tour/lunch session, which the portal says may vary depending on the day, so I don't think you'd be missing out on anything if you arrived at 10:30am instead of 9am. I'd call the admissions office to confirm though!Hello. I have a question regarding the interview. So my interview is at 11AM. I just want to confirm that I am supposed to arrive by 10:30AM correct? I ask because it seems the day starts at 9AM so im a little confused. Any clarification would be helpful. Thank you.
When were you complete?II! Unable to schedule interview on portal because nothing shows up.
Anyone else experiencing this??
8/23When were you complete?
futbol_2019
Full Member
II! Unable to schedule interview on portal because nothing shows up.
Anyone else experiencing this??
I believe a lot of us had this issue, I did for like 2 days. I just kept checking their portal and saw slots opened up. I did end up sending them an email and they were very responsive and also mentioned they were having some issues on their side they were trying to fix.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoa, that's a quick turnaround. Any connection to the school?8/23
I believe a lot of us had this issue, I did for like 2 days. I just kept checking their portal and saw slots opened up. I did end up sending them an email and they were very responsive and also mentioned they were having some issues on their side they were trying to fix.
thanks, appeared after half an hour and i scheduled for october
Whoa, that's a quick turnaround. Any connection to the school?
No explicit connection
NYC resident, possible undergrad connection(?)
Wrote a strong secondary
thefreaking
New Member
Got my first II yesterday!!!! Completed secondary in the last week of July. By the time I was scheduling the interview the only dates left were the Thursday before Thanksgiving, the 3 Thursdays before Christmas, and the second Thursday in January.
LexieGreyMD2019
Full Member
II today! OOS. Interviewing 10/22