2019-2020 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No idea was shut down, as you did not know the correct answer either. In fact we still don’t! As I said, I guess we must wait. That’s all! Again, no need to get so angry.

Yeah, you continued to shut it down. Even now. In fact, you still do not even acknowledge how I mentioned "specifications" after SOM reiterated "specifications," and you completely brushed it off that I mentioned it and tried to point out how I was incorrect. Furthermore, you tagged my name to prove a point, when my point was in line with SOM's "specifications" all along. I guess, you just wanted the last word. Sigh.

And now you're labeling me as angry. As my emoji clearly shows, it was a shrug emoji. :shrug:
If I was angry, I would have put this emoji: :mad::mad:
Whatever happened to being open-minded and not making assumption, especially not putting any labels? :shrug:

EDITED: words

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Furthermore, you tagged my name to prove a point, when my point was in line with SOM's "specifications" all along.
No no! I tagged your name to show you the school made a comment on said specifications since we were both inquiring about them the last few days. I just want to know if I need a new laptop why is this so hard :( Again, I will wait... Black Friday is long gone and I’m sure I still won’t know by Boxing Day. Valentine’s Day sales? St. Patrick’s Day? Like I said initially. My laptop.. is old and breaking.

No no! I tagged your name to show you the school made a comment on said specifications since we were both inquiring about them the last few days. I just want to know if I need a new laptop why is this so hard :( Again, I will wait... Black Friday is long gone and I’m sure I still won’t know by Boxing Day. Valentine’s Day sales? St. Patrick’s Day? Like I said initially. My laptop.. is old and breaking.

SDN automatically subscribes users by default to conversation threads, but am sure you already know that. Thus, I've received SOM's post about specifications and everything, so there was no need to tag me.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
SDN automatically subscribes users by default to conversation threads, but am sure you already know that. Thus, I've received SOM's post about specifications and everything.
My dudes...
giphy.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
This poor person just wants to know about their dang laptop... I don't think they were trying to get the "last word" just a laptop :censored: In other news, does anyone know when the last interview date is? I applied sort of late.

This poor person just wants to know about their dang laptop... I don't think they were trying to get the "last word" just a laptop :censored: In other news, does anyone know when the last interview date is? I applied sort of late.

New account created today and its first comment is about a "dang laptop" argument?! Hmmm... :eyebrow:
giphy.gif

EDIT: in any case, I would suggest emailing them. They're quick to reply and you get OFFICIAL answers.

Last edited:
New account created today?! Hmmm... :eyebrow:
giphy.gif

EDIT: in any case, I would suggest emailing them. They're quick to reply and you get OFFICIAL answers.

I swear I am not a fraud o_O HAHA

Is it this e-mail:
[email protected]?

If you do not mind me asking, how long from turning in your secondary did you or others typically receive an interview? Thanks in advance.

I swear I am not a fraud o_O HAHA

Is it this e-mail:
[email protected]?

If you do not mind me asking, how long from turning in your secondary did you or others typically receive an interview? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, that's the email. The timeframe between secondary and interview varies completely. They do not go in order. Telling you one thing will just mis-lead you because it might become your frame of reference. However, they did say they will review all applications completed before the deadline (the 15th).

Hello everybody. I have an interview question. When applicants are given an interview invite are they flexible with dates? I guess I am wondering how far out you have to pick a date and how many days of the week they hold interviews. Thanks all.

Hello everybody. I have an interview question. When applicants are given an interview invite are they flexible with dates? I guess I am wondering how far out you have to pick a date and how many days of the week they hold interviews. Thanks all.

I can’t answer to flexibility. I received an II the first round of invites and the only date available to me was the first interview day. It was a week in advance. I think they’re scheduling further out than a week in advance now, but I can’t say for sure because not a lot of people report on here. As far as interview days and dates, they interview every other Monday, with one remaining in December, two scheduled days in January and two scheduled days in February. I don’t know if that has changed since I interviewed, but that is what I was told.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to bug,
I interviewed here recently -
Just a question - what time did you guys get the hold/Rejection email - I've been biting my fingernails since 9 am ....

Sorry to bug,
I interviewed here recently -
Just a question - what time did you guys get the hold/Rejection email - I've been biting my fingernails since 9 am ....
It looks like people have been receiving calls for acceptances from about 5-6pm central time and then getting the hold/rejection email around the same time (I got my first hold at around 6ish)

Reactions: 1 users
I got my interview invite late October and I believe they gave me 2 or 3 dates to choose from so there was flexibility. The dates ranged from 1-3 weeks after the initial invite and all interviews were on a Monday! Hope that helps!

I got my interview invite late October and I believe they gave me 2 or 3 dates to choose from so there was flexibility. The dates ranged from 1-3 weeks after the initial invite and all interviews were on a Monday! Hope that helps!
Just checked my texts from my daughter. She got her II on Nov 15th, and was offered two different dates 12/2 and another one in January.

Just got the call right now, ACCEPTED! Interviewed 10/21

Reactions: 8 users
Well guys, it looks like it’s either a hold or rejection for me. Didn’t receive a call, nor an email yet; sometimes it’s healthier to assume the worst and keep hoping for the best, I guess! At the risk of revealing my identity, I’ll go ahead and share the lesson I’ve learned - last year, I had the privilege of interviewing here, and received a rejection immediately. This year, I went into the interview with zero expectations, and to be honest I had a wonderful time with some wonderful people! Though this has been my top choice through and through, and I’m saddened by the way things have turned out so far, I really, really wish the best for EVERYONE on this thread! We’re all awesome, and should be proud of who we’ve become through this process, regardless of outcome.

Reactions: 2 users
Hold #3. This process is so frustrating.

Hold #2! Better than a rejection and hoping for the best going forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By my count, that's 2 Acceptances and 6 holds - all of which were people who interviewed before 12/2. Did anybody who interviewed on 12/2 get an answer?

By my count, that's 2 Acceptances and 6 holds - all of which were people who interviewed before 12/2. Did anybody who interviewed on 12/2 get an answer?
If your daughter interviewed on 12/2, she should have either gotten a hold, rejection or acceptance. If she didn’t get a phone call or voicemail, tell her to check the communications tab on the TCU app portal to see if they sent one to her. From what I have seen from my interview day and from everyone on here, everyone receives some sort of answer on the scheduled release day that corresponds with their interview date. I’m not an adcom, so obviously I can’t say for sure!

edited to add: I see you’re keeping tabs on A’s and holds. Don’t bother. This thread is insanely unrepresentative of the applicant pool. Almost no one reports R’s, very few report holds, and a handful have reported A’s. This thread has been dead in regards to interview invites for months...SDN is notoriously not representative of applicants, but the TCU thread seems to be even more so due to its insanely small sample size.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi Dr. Cunningham, I tried to submit my secondary at 5:00 pm CST Sunday 12/15/2019 and the system didn't allow me, it shows that it is closed at 5:00 pm. I understood that we have until 11:59 pm CST to submit our secondary. I had called the admission office and sent an email. Thank you!

Hi Dr. Cunningham, I tried to submit my secondary at 5:00 pm CST Sunday 12/15/2019 and the system didn't allow me, it shows that it is closed at 5:00 pm. I understood that we have until 11:59 pm CST to submit our secondary. I had called the admission office and sent an email. Thank you!
Dr. Cunningham no longer works here xd, try calling the admissions monday is your best bet but you may be SOL considering it is nearly jan

Dr. Cunningham no longer works here xd, try calling the admissions monday is your best bet but you may be SOL considering it is nearly jan
Thank you, I left a message and emailed admissions. I had tried to submit 4 times since 5:00 pm CST and it said Closed. Will try to call admissions Monday morning.

I have been experiencing the same problem with my secondary application submission!

edited to add: I see you’re keeping tabs on A’s and holds. Don’t bother. This thread is insanely unrepresentative of the applicant pool. Almost no one reports R’s, very few report holds, and a handful have reported A’s. This thread has been dead in regards to interview invites for months...SDN is notoriously not representative of applicants, but the TCU thread seems to be even more so due to its insanely small sample size.

This^ I was accepted a week after I interviewed last month, but I'm simply a lurker so I never posted about it. There are lots of other people who lurk and don't post or don't frequent these subs at all so there's no way to accurately track anything.

This^ I was accepted a week after I interviewed last month, but I'm simply a lurker so I never posted about it. There are lots of other people who lurk and don't post or don't frequent these subs at all so there's no way to accurately track anything.

The earliest they can reveal the results is 2 Fridays after the interview, and not a week. :eyebrow:

The earliest they can reveal the results is 2 Fridays after the interview, and not a week. :eyebrow:
That's true unless you interviewed on 11/18 they had decisions announced on 11/25 before the holidays began.

Reactions: 5 users
if my last semester just ended, is it okay to send admissions an email about final grades? they specified that no contact was needed in my complete email and i haven't gotten an II, so i was just wondering.

if my last semester just ended, is it okay to send admissions an email about final grades? they specified that no contact was needed in my complete email and i haven't gotten an II, so i was just wondering.
On the secondary portal it specifically says that they do not accept updates. On the hold emails, if you have received one, it says they will contact you if they need more information

Does anyone know of any rejections reported recently for this school? I haven’t seen any on SDN on the last few decision dates. Starting to wonder if they’re just putting everyone on hold even if they’re rejected

Does anyone know of any rejections reported recently for this school? I haven’t seen any on SDN on the last few decision dates. Starting to wonder if they’re just putting everyone on hold even if they’re rejected

I haven't seen any recently, but there were a lot earlier on. I think people just stopped reporting their rejections on here.

I would guess that people are still being rejected and that they don't have 120 people on hold (I hope lol). Early on when people were reporting, it seemed like people were being put on hold and then being rejected the next round. Otherwise if you make it through the first two rounds of holds, then it seems like that's just where you stay. Again, speculating about this is all a little pointless since none of us have any idea. That's my best guess though. As for those of us who have been on hold since October 15.... I wonder if they're actually looking at us every other week or if we were automatically sent to a WL pile or something. Who knows. I try to remain hopeful every other Friday. This process is a beating, but hopefully it will pay off for all of us in the end! :)

ETA: I don't see why they would send me 6 hold emails if they had already rejected me. Seems like a lot of work. I think they are definitely being conservative on their acceptances/rejections, but I do not think they would hold you if they weren't actually considering you.

It's common for people to not announce difficult/uncomfortable moments in their lives—this includes break-ups or school rejections.

Oh by the way, I'm on hold too! We're all in this together guys, let's just try to stay sane lol

Hi everyone. Does anybody know if the admissions office is closed early for the holidays? I have tried contacting them but have not been successful.

Hi everyone. Does anybody know if the admissions office is closed early for the holidays? I have tried contacting them but have not been successful.
The Office of Admissions & Outreach will be closed from Monday, December 23rd, to Wednesday, January 1st. Our office will reopen at 8:00 AM on Thursday, January 2nd.