2019-2020 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also still on hold! I lost count though...maybe #4 or 5? I interviewed in the second half of October.

Members don't see this ad.

Have there been any recent interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an II! Complete Early September.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite this week, I'm wondering if there's anyone who could give me insight into the interview day. I know you can't give me specific MMI scenarios but I'm wondering if they are only ethical scenarios and acting, or if there are also stations that will ask more traditional interview questions like "why medicine"?

Received an interview invite this week, I'm wondering if there's anyone who could give me insight into the interview day. I know you can't give me specific MMI scenarios but I'm wondering if they are only ethical scenarios and acting, or if there are also stations that will ask more traditional interview questions like "why medicine"?
Complete date?

Hey congrats! Unfortunately I think your questions are still too specific and you won’t get any answers here. The only thing I will say about the MMI portion of the interview is not to worry. I was really nervous going into it, but it wasn’t warranted and I ended up having a really good time meeting the interviewers and answering all of the questions. I loved the MMI scenarios and prefer it over traditional interviews now. Good luck! You’ll do great!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been out of the country and came back today to an interview invite in my e-mail. Congrats to all and happy new year

Got an II after being complete the 6th! WHAT AN HONOR

Reactions: 5 users
Hold # 7.... that was an early email!

Reactions: 1 users
pre II rejection just now...on my birthday.. lol good luck all!

• Sad
Hold #7... So happy i’m at least still in the running.

Kind of a random question but does anyone know how grading works for clinical/phase 2. I know most schools take shelf exams at the end of their block of medicine but since TCU doesn't follow that kind of curriculum I was wondering what they would do instead

Post-interview holds until the school has completed all their interviews, then they will make more admission & rejection notifications or wait list the rest.
Technically they said that the holds are re-reviewed at every committee meeting and can be accepted or rejected at any time. Based on how long some of us have been on hold, I think your theory is more correct.

Technically they said that the holds are re-reviewed at every committee meeting and can be accepted or rejected at any time. Based on how long some of us have been on hold, I think your theory is more correct.
Ah, got it thanks. Any idea how large the WL is and how much movement they will have?

Ah, got it thanks. Any idea how large the WL is and how much movement they will have?
I believe back when Dr. Cunningham was with TCU, she posted on here that last year there was very little waitlist movement (less than 10 if I recall correctly). However, that cycle is not representative of this cycle (no free tuition, full length cycle this year etc). No idea how many acceptances they’ve given out, but not many on here.

Hey guys, I got an email from admissions recently that didn't say I was rejected but that my app was still being reviewed for admissions. I interviewed a few weeks ago. How do I know if I've been put on hold or waitlisted? Or what's the difference?

Hey guys, I got an email from admissions recently that didn't say I was rejected but that my app was still being reviewed for admissions. I interviewed a few weeks ago. How do I know if I've been put on hold or waitlisted? Or what's the difference?
You’re on hold. TCU doesn’t create a true waitlist until after all the interviews are over. What the hold means is that you can, in theory, be rejected or accepted at any point. They claim to be reviewing everyone’s app each committee meeting, but I’m not sure the validity of that.

The Office of Admissions & Outreach will be closed from Monday, December 23rd, to Wednesday, January 1st. Our office will reopen at 8:00 AM on Thursday, January 2nd.

Hi! I have a question about immunization. what immunizations are required?

The Office of Admissions & Outreach will be closed from Monday, December 23rd, to Wednesday, January 1st. Our office will reopen at 8:00 AM on Thursday, January 2nd.

Happy new year! A few of us on this thread haven’t received an email following the latest admissions committee meeting. We were previously on hold - are we still in the running? Thanks!

Happy new year! A few of us on this thread haven’t received an email following the latest admissions committee meeting. We were previously on hold - are we still in the running? Thanks!
Email notifications were sent on Friday, January 3. If you did not receive a notification, please contact the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Services by phone or email.

Hi! I have a question about immunization. what immunizations are required?
We follow the immunization guidelines of the AAMC. Their standardized immunization form is attached for your reference. If you are offered admission, information about additional requirements will be made available to you during the pre-matriculation process.

Attachments

• AAMC Standardized Immunization Form.pdf
    543.9 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 2 users