-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Texas A&M
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
By filling out the forms you are accepting the offer of admission and holding your seat. You can accept as many offers of admission as you'd like at this point. If you'd like to withdraw and release your seat, email the admissions office at TAMU. For Texas, you'll need to rank the schools you've interviewed at before Match Day. After Match Day, you walk away with only one offer of admission to a Texas school
So filling out this form is basically guaranteeing I have a spot but not committing that I will take it?
That is correct. You can still rank other schools higher if you have more interviews without risk of losing your acceptance.So filling out this form is basically guaranteeing I have a spot but not committing that I will take it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PREMATCHED!!!!
EnMed acceptances! OOS!
Phone call or email?
I’ll see y’all in July
D
deleted927529
Exactly. Say UTSW is your 1st choice but you don't prematch-- rank UTSW before A&M, and you have the chance to get an acceptance at UTSW without risking your acceptance at A&M.That is correct. You can still rank other schools higher if you have more interviews without risk of losing your acceptance.
You are accepted, @thegrind33 ?I’ll see y’all in July

Email for mePhone call or email?
sundevilnontrad
Full Member
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted EnMed Yesterday! Can't wait for July
CorrectSo there's no confirmation email after filling out the 3 forms needed to accept the prematch offer, correct?
Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile
Prematched today at 2:55 pm!!!
Lol so scared of messing up accepting my offer.
Just wanted to confirm all we had to do was fill out the forms they sent. There was no deposit for this school,correct?
Yeah I'm pretty sure we just fill out the forms and respond to the acceptance email. That's all I've done. Also I'm pretty sure they would reach out first before withdrawing the offer or anything.
Not sure if there was a difference in the EnMed acceptance email vs MD acceptance email. But the EnMed email instructed to reply back to the email.Wait we should also reply to the email saying we accept the prematch offer?
I didn’t reply, I filled out the forms but I’ve checked them at least 25 times already looking for mistakes lolWait we should also reply to the email saying we accept the prematch offer?
Oh I see. The regular MD email does say to reply if you're NOT accepting the offer. But it doesn't say anything about replying in order to accept the offer. Did anyone else reply to the regular MD prematch email?
I actually missed a field in the acceptance acknowledgement, so I replied saying I was excited to accept and offered a correction. I don't think it's necessary if you're not a dummy like me though.
I have a question for those who were accepted. Did you guys get an official acceptance email or just a couple emails saying you have a new form to fill out? I only got the new form emails and want to make sure I am not missing any information regarding the offer or how to accept it.
D
deleted927529
Check spam. My acceptance email would have gone to spam had I not set a filter.I have a question for those who were accepted. Did you guys get an official acceptance email or just a couple emails saying you have a new form to fill out? I only got the new form emails and want to make sure I am not missing any information regarding the offer or how to accept it.
Same thing happened to me. It’s in your spamI have a question for those who were accepted. Did you guys get an official acceptance email or just a couple emails saying you have a new form to fill out? I only got the new form emails and want to make sure I am not missing any information regarding the offer or how to accept it.
Thanks! I didnt even think to look there since the other emails came to my inbox.
II just now! for 10/31 (spooky)
D
deleted949953
Has anyone that interviewed with the MD/PhD program heard back? When I interviewed they said they'd let us know one way or another on October 15th, but the 15th came and went with nary a word from them to me.
D
deleted998376
Has anyone that interviewed with the MD/PhD program heard back? When I interviewed they said they'd let us know one way or another on October 15th, but the 15th came and went with nary a word from them to me.
+1. From what I understand they were only going to offer 5 spots on 10/15, then offer more as people withdraw, but I haven’t seen anyone be accepted on here/IRL. Let me know if you find anything out about this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everythingintexas
Full Member
Does this school have a second look day before match day? I wanted to take that weekend to look at housing and stuff to add cost of living into my decision.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted927529
There is a second look event scheduled for November 16th. They will send details soonDoes this school have a second look day before match day? I wanted to take that weekend to look at housing and stuff to add cost of living into my decision.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a second look event scheduled for November 16th. They will send details soon
Just got the email for EnMed Pre-match Celebration on 11/16 (which I'm assuming is like a second look day)
drvslit
New Member
But doesn't that mean they probably already reviewed my application? Considering you turned yours in after mine, but have already gotten an II?I was complete 8/13 with an II 8/23 Lizzy M 67 so I believe you still have a chance!
Everythingintexas
Full Member
But doesn't that mean they probably already reviewed my application? Considering you turned yours in after mine, but have already gotten an II?
Not necessarily because my turn around time was pretty quick. When I got my interview, some people submitted in July were getting interviews. I’m not sure if they go exactly in order and if they do they could re-review apps. I wouldn’t give up hope yet!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23LeGoatJames23
Full Member
Does anyone know how willingly A&M gives out scholarships? I heard someone with a 512/4.0 got a full ride but of course that alone doesn’t tell me too much
doctormentary
Full Member
complete 7/13, received interview invite today for 11/21
Does anyone know how willingly A&M gives out scholarships? I heard someone with a 512/4.0 got a full ride but of course that alone doesn’t tell me too much
I'm also curious about this. I found some data from US News & World Report that suggests 78% of medical students receive gift aid, but no clue how much is typically given out or to whom it is given.
Source:
20 Most Affordable Medical Schools for Avoiding Student Loans
Want to become a doctor but looking to avoid massive medical school debt? Check out our list of the top 20 most affordable medical schools today.
studentloanhero.com
For those of you that prematched and accepted it, was there a deposit to pay?
No, there was no deposit. Just a few forms.
What is "gift aid"? like grants and scholarships?I'm also curious about this. I found some data from US News & World Report that suggests 78% of medical students receive gift aid, but no clue how much is typically given out or to whom it is given.
Source:
![]()
20 Most Affordable Medical Schools for Avoiding Student Loans
Want to become a doctor but looking to avoid massive medical school debt? Check out our list of the top 20 most affordable medical schools today.studentloanhero.com
23LeGoatJames23
Full Member
Is the Student Registration Form something we have to fill out right now even if we are not certain we will matriculate?
For people who have interview on 10/31: did any of you receive any email about the timings of the social? I signed up on the google form but never got any answer from them.
Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MTG2323
Full Member
Does anyone know TAMHSC's fafsa ID code, or if we should just send the information to TAMU cstat? I can't find any information on their website.
For anyone else wondering I asked them and you just send it to Texas A&M university (fafsa code: 003632)
What is "gift aid"? like grants and scholarships?
Yes, gift aid is referring to scholarships and grants.
Is the Student Registration Form something we have to fill out right now even if we are not certain we will matriculate?
My understanding is yes, we have to fill those forms out even if you aren't certain.
As long as you are saying you are accepting an admission, you fill out the paperwork. If the deadline for the forms is after the match, then you can ignore them.My understanding is yes, we have to fill those forms out even if you aren't certain.
Stats?complete 7/13, received interview invite today for 11/21