2019-2020 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the last date for interviews? Just trying to gauge how many available spots there are left. The waitlist life is a stressful one!
I hear you!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the last date for interviews? Just trying to gauge how many available spots there are left. The waitlist life is a stressful one!
I think May 12 and May 20 are the last 2 days as of last week

Waitlist just now. Interviewed 4/27
LM: 68

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance email! Interviewed 4/27. Does anyone have an insight where I should go between TUNCOM and AZCOM for a better chance of specializing? I love TUNCOM's location and supportive environment but from my rough research, it seems like AZCOM has more research opportunities (?).

Also waitlisted just now from the 04/27 interview. Lizzy M 62 ORM.

Just got the acceptance email! Interviewed 4/27. Does anyone have an insight where I should go between TUNCOM and AZCOM for a better chance of specializing? I love TUNCOM's location and supportive environment but from my rough research, it seems like AZCOM has more research opportunities (?).

Did they not have someone talk about their research program? TUNCOM just hired a new research program director so hopefully opportunities will continue to grow, but I dunno how long it would take to see the fruit of that labor. TUNCOM does recognize the importance of research opportunities to help their grads land better residencies, so it's at least moving in the right direction.

Reactions: 1 user
Did they not have someone talk about their research program? TUNCOM just hired a new research program director so hopefully opportunities will continue to grow, but I dunno how long it would take to see the fruit of that labor. TUNCOM does recognize the importance of research opportunities to help their grads land better residencies, so it's at least moving in the right direction.
I don't think they talked much about research. Although I was quite nervous so maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I really really love how the school is so supportive though, so I'm leaning toward TUNCOM. Thank you for the info!!

I have a family member who was both accepted to tuncom and azcom, and ultimately chose to go to azcom bc they do have a more people specializing from their school. But many people from tuncom end up specializing as well. tbh,it’s really what you make of it. Both schools will offer you the same (or lack of) resources. Note that azcom has a way higher tuition tho so consider that too! Tuncom def has its cons as well (subpar campus) but imo this is a superficial factor.

Can any current students speak to the quality of clinical rotation sites? Are they preceptor-based or wards? I just received an acceptance yesterday (interviewed April 27th), and I'm very excited and leaning towards TUN! Just curious about what third and fourth years are like here

Can any current students speak to the quality of clinical rotation sites? Are they preceptor-based or wards? I just received an acceptance yesterday (interviewed April 27th), and I'm very excited and leaning towards TUN! Just curious about what third and fourth years are like here

I also have similar questions! To piggyback on doctorjuj's questions, could any current students please verify that students have 10 months to do away rotations during their 4th year? That sounds incredible, but I want to make sure that I'm reading it right (from this: See the Curriculum for Touro’s Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Program - Touro Nevada)

Additionally, I found from a recent post that many of TUNCOM core rotations during 3rd year are at private practices instead of hospitals. Could anyone please verify that?

Hey all! If we have legitimate reasons such as a job in health care, life events, etc. How receptive are they the deferred acceptances? Thank you for any help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! If we have legitimate reasons such as a job in health care, life events, etc. How receptive are they the deferred acceptances? Thank you for any help!
in that past you were allowed to defer by a year to my knowledge. Know someone who did that.

probably not unfortunately, but do know prior to covid-19, they interviewed throughout May, so they prob will push through to June if anything!
really hope that’s the case. i’ve been on the interview invite waitlist with no word yet

really hope that’s the case. i’ve been on the interview invite waitlist with no word yet
you should send an update letter or inquire through Nancy Luong about your status! better to have done so with no results than to have not and regret

Can anyone tell me what having a letter grade is like?
I'm deciding between NV and CA, and CA is P/F

I am also curious about this however with step 1 being p/f for us I think having grades will behoove us over not having grades. It's a way that you can differentiate yourself at least within your class.

I am also curious about this however with step 1 being p/f for us I think having grades will behoove us over not having grades. It's a way that you can differentiate yourself at least within your class.
I think that step 1 being p/f will make step 2 scores more important and our research and other factors. Grades may not be something looked at because a lot of schools are switching to pass/fail.

I think that step 1 being p/f will make step 2 scores more important and our research and other factors. Grades may not be something looked at because a lot of schools are switching to pass/fail.

I don't think the grades are important so much as grades facilitate ordering a class rank, which TUNCOM does have. Dr. Meeks told my interview cohort that the class rank is there as an additional data point that (assuming you're ranked high) can help students match into more competitive residencies. Presumably, this also means that a low class rank could hurt you but I'm just speculating :(

Last edited:
Does any know when WL movement happens? I love this school so much and am overly anxious

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think the grades are important so much as grades facilitate ordering a class rank, which TUNCOM does have. Dr. Meeks told my interview cohort that the class rank is there as an additional data point that (assuming you're ranked high) can help students match into more competitive residencies. Presumably, this also means that a low class rank could hurt you but I'm just speculating :(

What makes you think grades are not important? Grades are very important when you go thru rotations, residency along side with step1/2 and research. You need to be overall good. You need to be in the top class rank and you can only get there if you have good grades.

It's not a letter grade at TUNCOM but this is how we are graded.
You get deducted -0.05 anytime you lose 1 pt.
e.g.

100=4.0
99= 3.95
98= 3.9
90= 3.5
80= 3.0

One thing I would like to add! I saw the FB group and it has 138 members that were accepted (give or take due to moderators being in that population, and some people don't have Facebook). TUNCOM class size is 168! So about 30 seats remain! By my calculation...

One thing I would like to add! I saw the FB group and it has 138 members that were accepted (give or take due to moderators being in that population, and some people don't have Facebook). TUNCOM class size is 168! So about 30 seats remain! By my calculation...

Class size is 183.

I find out today whether I’m accepted or rejected, haven’t recieved that email but did receive one just now encouraging me to apply to the mhs. Not a good sign?

I find out today whether I’m accepted or rejected, haven’t recieved that email but did receive one just now encouraging me to apply to the mhs. Not a good sign?

I got that as well. Wouldn't over analyze it. They probably sent it to most people that're waiting to hear back because they just extended the end date to today

WL
Interviewed may 12
Anyone know when the waitlist starts to move.
paid my deposit to another school that starts july 15 but I wanna attend Touro if given a spot

Has anyone gotten off the WL recently?

Has anyone gotten off the WL at all this cycle? The one person who claimed they did deleted their account. Otherwise, TUNCOM has just continued to interview candidates, accepting some, waitlisted others, and rejecting the rest. But I don't think any WL movement has happened at all for this school yet. Hopefully, that'll change this week. Fingers crossed for us all!

Has anyone gotten off the WL at all this cycle? The one person who claimed they did deleted their account. Otherwise, TUNCOM has just continued to interview candidates, accepting some, waitlisted others, and rejecting the rest. But I don't think any WL movement has happened at all for this school yet. Hopefully, that'll change this week. Fingers crossed for us all!
Thank you! I noticed that too. Its nice to know that someone else is also monitoring WL movement as closely as I have been.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! I noticed that too. Its nice to know that someone else is also monitoring WL movement as closely as I have been.

Dude, look at my account join date. I've been waiting almost 14 years to get into medical school. I am absolutely monitoring the WL movement like a hawk! :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
It sucks they don’t tell us our rank or anything. I imagine at least 50 people on the waitlist

• Haha
Dang. Interviewed on 5/20/2020. Got waitlisted. Touro Nevada is one of my top choices for various reasons. Hopefully, I get an opportunity to attend here.

Reactions: 1 users
Dang. Interviewed on 5/20/2020. Got waitlisted. Touro Nevada is one of my top choices for various reasons. Hopefully, I get an opportunity to attend here.

it seems like barely anyone got accepted in the month of May. Bet we were mostly interviewing for a WL spot

I'm OMSII and they increased to 183 couple years ago.
I was hoping I would get in today based off the facebook group and how there are only 150 people. of course not everyone has facebook but was thinking I didn't interview for a WL spot. I wonder when we'll see movement :/

Sigh. Sounds logical. It's extremely late in the cycle.
That’s a lot of interviews for waitlist spots. From what I’ve seen and people I have spoken to, touro Nevada doesn’t have a lot of waitlist movement. I remember interviewing at another school that said they offered half of the people on there waitlist.

That’s a lot of interviews for waitlist spots. From what I’ve seen and people I have spoken to, touro Nevada doesn’t have a lot of waitlist movement. I remember interviewing at another school that said they offered half of the people on there waitlist.
from previous threads i’ve actually seen a lot of movement throughout June. so hopefully we’ll hear back. Again i’m confused at the facebook group since it’s just 150 and it’s pretty reflective of the incoming class numbers

from previous threads i’ve actually seen a lot of movement throughout June. so hopefully we’ll hear back. Again i’m confused at the facebook group since it’s just 150 and it’s pretty reflective of the incoming class numbers

During my orientation couple years back there were 3-4 students standby just in case if the accepted students don't show up. There will be WL movement all the way back to the orientation day.

During my orientation couple years back there were 3-4 students standby just in case if the accepted students don't show up. There will be WL movement all the way back to the orientation day.
do you know approx how many people get off it?