2019-2020 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
During my orientation couple years back there were 3-4 students standby just in case if the accepted students don't show up. There will be WL movement all the way back to the orientation day.

This is how the waitlist and standby situation was explained to my interview cohort by Nancy back in March.
  • Some people will get put on a waitlist that is ordered. We never know the order.
  • Eventually, Touro will stop interviewing and start accepting people off the waitlist to fill seats for the incoming class.
  • Once the class is full, waitlist movement basically stops. Whoever are the top 2-3 candidates left on the waitlist are now designated standby. Everyone else on the waitlist is effectively rejected.
  • If you are standby, you have to be able to jump at the last minute to fill a spot.
  • If you are accepted and miss orientation you automatically lose your seat to whoever is next in the standby list.
  • If you are on standby and never get called to fill a seat, you are guaranteed admission to the next cycle.
The million-dollar question is, when are they going to start accepting people off the waitlist and how many?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
This is how the waitlist and standby situation was explained to my interview cohort by Nancy back in March.
  • Some people will get put on a waitlist that is ordered. We never know the order.
  • Eventually, Touro will stop interviewing and start accepting people off the waitlist to fill seats for the incoming class.
  • Once the class is full, waitlist movement basically stops. Whoever are the top 2-3 candidates left on the waitlist are now designated standby. Everyone else on the waitlist is effectively rejected.
  • If you are standby, you have to be able to jump at the last minute to fill a spot.
  • If you are accepted and miss orientation you automatically lose your seat to whoever is next in the standby list.
  • If you are on standby and never get called to fill a seat, you are guaranteed admission to the next cycle.
The million-dollar question is, when are they going to start accepting people off the waitlist and how many?
thank you for all this info! does any one recall when orientation day is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so if we are on waitlist and just show up on orientation day they’ll accept us for the next year if no spots open up?? Sounds weird. What if everyone on the waitlist shows up (likely not)?

Wait so if we are on waitlist and just show up on orientation day they’ll accept us for the next year if no spots open up?? Sounds weird. What if everyone on the waitlist shows up (likely not)?

No, please reread what I wrote. Only 2 or 3 people from the waitlist will have standby status. TUNCOM will call you to let you know. You do not want to be on standby. You want to be accepted off the WL right away.

Here, let me make up an example for illustration. Again, these numbers are all MADE UP. It is for purpose of explaining the process.
  • Say that TUNCOM has 100 seats total for the class of 2024.
  • Say they interview 500 applicants.
  • Say they accept 80 of the 500 interviewees, waitlist 50, and reject the remaining 370.
  • You have 20 seats left and 50 people on the waitlist. You accept the top 20 off the waitlist.
  • The class is now full. 30 people remain on the waitlist.
  • TUNCOM will call the top 2 or 3 people that are still left on the waitlist. These are the ppl with WL rank #21, #22, and #23.
  • If for whatever reason someone fails to show up for orientation or drops out, Standby #1 needs to be able to get their butt to Henderson, NV immediately or TUNCOM will give the seat to Standby #2, etc.
  • If nobody drops out, the people on standby have guaranteed acceptance the next year if they want it.
Is that clearer?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No, please reread what I wrote. Only 2 or 3 people from the waitlist will have standby status. TUNCOM will call you to let you know. You do not want to be on standby. You want to be accepted off the WL right away.

Here, let me make up an example for illustration. Again, these numbers are all MADE UP. It is for purpose of explaining the process.
  • Say that TUNCOM has 100 seats total for the class of 2024.
  • Say they interview 500 applicants.
  • Say they accept 80 of the 500 interviewees, waitlist 50, and reject the remaining 370.
  • You have 20 seats left and 50 people on the waitlist. You accept the top 20 off the waitlist.
  • The class is now full. 30 people remain on the waitlist.
  • TUNCOM will call the top 2 or 3 people that are still left on the waitlist. These are the ppl with WL rank #31, #32, and #33.
  • If for whatever reason someone fails to show up for orientation or drops out, Standby #1 needs to be able to get their butt to Henderson, NV immediately or TUNCOM will give the seat to Standby #2, etc.
  • If nobody drops out, the people on standby have guaranteed acceptance the next year if they want it.
Is that clearer?
Yes! Thank you!!

How many people are on the FB page? Does that mean no more WL movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people are on the FB page? Does that mean no more WL movement?
right now, there are 159 people. Last year’s class had more than 200 people, guessing that people never got out the group even though they didn’t end up
going. I think there will be WL movement still

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
right now, there are 159 people. Last year’s class had more than 200 people, guessing that people never got out the group even though they didn’t end up
going. I think there will be WL movement still
Thank you! This helps calm the nerves a bit!

Hi everyone! This is my very first post on SDN. I am a long time lurker, and after being waitlisted at this school, I have been checking SDN a billion times a day for any updates. I thank each and everyone of you who have posted on here to shed any insight or information that allows us to have a peace of mind in such a stressful time in our lives. I just wanted to share any information that I have and give back as well. This may be a small thing but I figured any information is valuable at this time lol. I contacted someone in admissions today to ask about waitlist movement and the person just replied now and said verbatim "Waitlist was just activated. You may hear something between now and end of July." I hope this helps in anyway! Good luck to you all! :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi everyone! This is my very first post on SDN. I am a long time lurker, and after being waitlisted at this school, I have been checking SDN a billion times a day for any updates. I thank each and everyone of you who have posted on here to shed any insight or information that allows us to have a peace of mind in such a stressful time in our lives. I just wanted to share any information that I have and give back as well. This may be a small thing but I figured any information is valuable at this time lol. I contacted someone in admissions today to ask about waitlist movement and the person just replied now and said verbatim "Waitlist was just activated. You may hear something between now and end of July." I hope this helps in anyway! Good luck to you all! :)
Thank youu Good luck to you too!

Does anyone know how often tests are given and if they are usually end of the week or beginning of the week?

Hey guys,

Withdrew my acceptance from Touro Nevada yesterday evening due to an instate MD offer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting. This is a great program.

Reactions: 7 users
Hi,
Just received an email from the Admissions Recruitment Program Manager asking if I'm still interested on being on the waitlist. Did anyone receive a similar email? Of course, I'm still interested but seeing that it's already close to the end of June, I'm a bit out of hope that it'll work out. Any thoughts?

Hi,
Just received an email from the Admissions Recruitment Program Manager asking if I'm still interested on being on the waitlist. Did anyone receive a similar email? Of course, I'm still interested but seeing that it's already close to the end of June, I'm a bit out of hope that it'll work out. Any thoughts?
check last year’s thread, people were getting in July as well :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I also got the email. I chose to stay on the waitlist, of course! Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check last year’s thread, people were getting in July as well :)

I also got the email! Are they just cleaning up the entire WL or is this usually a good sign of things to come like that one email they send before an interview invite? :D

This is just a cleanup email everyone revives one so they have. A better idea of where everyone’s at.

I also got the email! Are they just cleaning up the entire WL or is this usually a good sign of things to come like that one email they send before an interview invite? :D
Im holding out hope that its a good sign! At least we are hearing something instead of dead silence

Reactions: 2 users
I was on wait list last year and didn’t receive this email
Maybe this school is different then. Spoke to an admin at touro Middletown. He told me they just send the email to make sure people interested. Lol I hope I’m wrong because I got the email too.

+1 re: the waitlist interest email from Ms. Luong. My heart jumped but it seems like a form letter. The definite good news is there must still be spots if a waitlist interest email inquiry went out.!

Will be withdrawing my A from this amazing school within this week. Just got off the WL at my dream school, good luck to everyone on the WL! Don’t lose hope Bc I know how it feels to be sitting on the WL!

Reactions: 4 users
Also got the email as well. Emailed it as soon as I got it, but I doubt timeliness matters. Everyone on waitlist must've gotten a rank or something.

Hey y’all. I also got the email about whether or not I want to remain on the waitlist and two mins later got the acceptance email. Movement is happening. Good luck to all still waiting. I know the anxiety anticipation creates.

Just got accepted off the WL! Interviewed in May, OOS

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know there filling empty spots or these acceptances are for seats that accepted students withdrew from?

Hi everyone! Has anyone received any info on registration for classes? I'm still on hold to register for some reason

I just got accepted in the 2024 class. I wish the best of luck for everyone else that is currently on the WL. Also, to answer someone's question. I was informed that the class size is 178 students this year.

Hi! I just got off the WL and was accepted today! Looking for housing and is interested in getting a shared apartment. If anyone is looking for a roommate please DM me!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi! I just got off the WL and was accepted today! Looking for housing and is interested in getting a shared apartment. If anyone is looking for a roommate please DM me!

Congrats! Encouraging to see there's still WL movement. Hoping my number gets called next :D

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! If anyone needs a roommate please DM me. I’m a guy DO24 student. Thanks!

Withdrew my acceptance today

the facebook group numbers give me anxiety lol really spiked up. hopefully there are spots left

the facebook group numbers give me anxiety lol really spiked up. hopefully there are spots left
I deleted FB recently. What's the member count at now? It was 165 last time I saw.

the class is most likely full then. probably at least a couple students who aren't on facebook. hopefully im wrong