2019-2020 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! Thank you for the information! Were you previously placed on the interview waitlist?

Thanks! Just paying it forward. Also, no, I was not previously placed on the interview waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi I also receive a ii. However, due to covid-19 outbreak the airline start to cut down and increase risk of infectious. Will the school delay the interview time frame?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who recently interviewed or is a student here tell me what you liked most about the school? and maybe some things you did not like? I received an II yesterday and would like to know more about the school before I accept due to travel costs/asking off work

Anybody know the chances of getting off the pre-II waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this school does internal class rankings?

Does anyone know if this school does internal class rankings?

I was at an interview here recently. It’s letter grading and there is class ranking.

Sent from my iPad using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get the email saying they are doing online interviews now?
I just did. I think moving forward, at least for the next few weeks, many schools will conduct candidate interviews via zoom/skype. Stay safe, everyone.

I wonder if they’ll send invites still ? or the cycle is pretty much done with the invites they’ve sent and with the COVID situation.

I wonder if they’ll send invites still ? or the cycle is pretty much done with the invites they’ve sent and with the COVID situation.

I imagine they'll still fill all their II slots. Just doing them all online now I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they’ll still pull people of the pre-II waitlist

I'm really not sure. I saw they had quite a few spots left though when I signed up for my interview. I'm on a few pre II waitlist from other schools and I haven't heard anything from them though.

Congrats to all those accepted (or about to interview!)! If anyone wanted to rent a 2 bed 2 bath place in a gated community 2 miles away from campus please message me! (if you move in by July- July's rent is free!). Message me for more deets or questions about school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how to get in contact with someone if they aren’t responding to email? It’s pretty important and I know they’re closed until April 20 now

Or I guess, who’s the best person to reach out to for questions post acceptance?

Congrats to all those accepted (or about to interview!)! I'm a graduating student- if anyone wanted to rent a 2 bed 2 bath condo in a gated community 2 miles away from campus (I love the #2 if you can't tell) please message me! (if you move in by July- July's rent is free!). Message me for more deets or questions about school I got a bunch of time!

Hey! Definitely interested but I can't access your profile, please send me one to discuss it!

Does anyone know how to get in contact with someone if they aren’t responding to email? It’s pretty important and I know they’re closed until April 20 now
So no more interview invites until they reopen

is the admissions committee even meeting?

interviewed yesterday and they said we would get our results by 4/4. They mentioned that their admissions committee meets on Fridays. The school only recently went remote, but it sounds like they're still meeting?

interviewed yesterday and they said we would get our results by 4/4. They mentioned that their admissions committee meets on Fridays. The school only recently went remote, but it sounds like they're still meeting?

How was the interview via Zoom? I have mine next Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the admissions committee even meeting?

Yes? I got an email saying that a decision for me would be delayed a week. I presume that applies to everyone in my interview cohort because of these strange times. The committee still has to meet, it's just (understandably) probably not their top priority.

How was the interview via Zoom? I have mine next Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was probably the same as a regular interview day would be, just without a tour. Internet was spotty at times and some parts of the conversation cut in and out (probably as expected). Overall it went pretty smoothly and everyone was really nice. I ended up liking the school much more than I expected to. Best of luck! :)

What if your applied to both DO & MHS program? Will the decisions come out the same day?

Or I guess, who’s the best person to reach out to for questions post acceptance?
That depends on what type of questions you have.
Also, If you've already contacted someone at the institution, remember that responses may be delayed as student correspondence is now completely through email/Zoom as well.
So no more interview invites until they reopen
I imagine interview slots will still be filled, as Touro plans to continue with online interviews as needed. The school has received positive feedback regarding the online interviews thus far.

I have an online interview this Tuesday ! what is the format? will there be an information session/ Q+A session before the interview?

I have an online interview this Tuesday ! what is the format? will there be an information session/ Q+A session before the interview?

info session, talk about mph program/meet the dean, Q+A, breakout for interviews, financial aid presentation, then talking with a student ambassador
good luck!

Everything Meowl said was true for the on-campus interview, minus a walking tour. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
At this point in time, especially given the COVID19 pandemic, does anyone know if applicants placed on the interview waitlist have any chance of being offered a possible interview? Stay safe everyone!

When does the school start considering students from the waits-list?

When does the school start considering students from the waits-list?
The interview waitlist or the acceptance waitlist? I'd also like to know cuz I just got waitlisted post-interview and am sad :(

The interview waitlist or the acceptance waitlist? I'd also like to know cuz I just got waitlisted post-interview and am sad :(
I’m waitlisted pre interview I’d like to know if there still looking at our app. Im anxious

I’m waitlisted pre interview I’d like to know if there still looking at our app. Im anxious

I'll pray for you all and for the best of luck. You guys will get there. This "pre-med" thing really is a **** show and a wild ride.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Did any one else get the apply to the MHS email? Kind of scared this means no interview invite :(

Withdrawing my A here. Best of luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
3/31 interviewees are supposed to hear back today right?

I wrote down that they said we will hear back today! (interviewed on 3/31 afternoon)