2019-2020 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the class is most likely full then. probably at least a couple students who aren't on facebook. hopefully im wrong
class size is 178, some students are upperclassmen. last year’s group had 200 some people. so I think there is space

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
class size is 178, some students are upperclassmen. last year’s group had 200 some people. so I think there is space
At least 3 of the members are mods/upperclassmen, so you can at least subtract 3 ppl from the group as non-2024 class. Also, when I got my formal acceptance email, it had the link to the FB group, and I would think that nearly all students would have joined. In most schools FB groups, the numbers are inflated b/c it consists of other students (upperclassmen/other professional programs) that join the group to look for roommates/sell stuff. TUN has a separate FB group for that so other students do not have a reason to join the 2024 group. In conclusion, I would say that the current number is accurate (+/- few). However, there are students still waiting to hear back from other schools. It is probable that there will be movement until the end of July/early August.

Reactions: 1 user
At least 3 of the members are mods/upperclassmen, so you can at least subtract 3 ppl from the group as non-2024 class. Also, when I got my formal acceptance email, it had the link to the FB group, and I would think that nearly all students would have joined. In most schools FB groups, the numbers are inflated b/c it consists of other students (upperclassmen/other professional programs) that join the group to look for roommates/sell stuff. TUN has a separate FB group for that so other students do not have a reason to join the 2024 group. In conclusion, I would say that the current number is accurate (+/- few). However, there are students still waiting to hear back from other schools. It is probable that there will be movement until the end of July/early August.
Do you know if the campus will reopen by orientation and are you all expected to relocate to Henderson by then? Or will everything be remote for the first few blocks at least?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if the campus will reopen by orientation and are you all expected to relocate to Henderson by then? Or will everything be remote for the first few blocks at least?

Most likely remote but you need to be in Henderson. Labs will be in person most likely but it's not confirmed yet.

Reactions: 3 users
do you guys know if people were accepted from standby before orientation day?

for those who just got accepted (congrats!!). Did you guys find a place to rent yet???

for those who just got accepted (congrats!!). Did you guys find a place to rent yet???

80 South Gibson Road Henderson, NV 89012
80 On Gibson Apartment Homes

( 702.566.6344| 7 702.566.8541

This is a good place to rent. I lived there for 2 years.

80 South Gibson Road Henderson, NV 89012
80 On Gibson Apartment Homes

( 702.566.6344| 7 702.566.8541

This is a good place to rent. I lived there for 2 years.
Thank you so much and It's not that far from campus?? Im kinda rolling the dice here. Im still waiting for one the schools to get back to me but If they don't..... I have to move to Nevada last mins lol

Thank you so much and It's not that far from campus?? Im kinda rolling the dice here. Im still waiting for one the schools to get back to me but If they don't..... I have to move to Nevada last mins lol

Around couple miles. You must have a car because its get hot here and it's hard to ride bike during summer time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys. I am withdrawing my acceptance because I got into my first-choice school. I hope one of you guys on the waitlist gets the opportunity to attend this fantastic institution. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 3 users
Received an email saying there was a strong possibility I would be offered a seat for the 2024 class. Anyone else? I'm guessing this would be for one of their standby seats but would appreciate if anyone has any insight! Also trying not to get my hopes up by keeping my fingers crossed.

Received an email saying there was a strong possibility I would be offered a seat for the 2024 class. Anyone else? I'm guessing this would be for one of their standby seats but would appreciate if anyone has any insight! Also trying not to get my hopes up by keeping my fingers crossed.
Yep! Got that last Monday, got accepted yesterday. There is hope :)

Also anyone else still looking for housing/a housemate? I don't even know where to begin...

Congratulations! Thank you for the kind words and I wish you the best :)

Yep! Got that last Monday, got accepted yesterday. There is hope :)

Also anyone else still looking for housing/a housemate? I don't even know where to begin...
There is a touro Facebook group that’s is very active, people are looking for roommates all the time.

There is a touro Facebook group that’s is very active, people are looking for roommates all the time.
Thanks! That is good to hear. I requested to join but am still waiting for approval.

edit: Are you referring to the TUNCOM DO24 group or is there another one?

Does anyone know the last possible date we could hear from Touro regarding acceptance off of the waitlist? I have tried calling Touro, but the phone is still disconnected from March due to COVID. I am about to move and need to tell my future employer the dates I can start work. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know the last possible date we could hear from Touro regarding acceptance off of the waitlist? I have tried calling Touro, but the phone is still disconnected from March due to COVID. I am about to move and need to tell my future employer the dates I can start work. Thanks in advance!
In the same boat I got an email stating I was high on the waitlist and need to tell my employer as well.

It's encouraging to see movement even this late in the cycle, but as I never got an email after the waitlist inquiry last month I guess I was never close to the top. Still, it was nice to dream. Congrats to everyone who got in and to those who did not I hope we all try again next cycle and get in somewhere where we're valued. If that's TUNCOM then all the better :)

Reactions: 2 users
Mandatory orientation starts Wednesday 07/29 so sometime before then.

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for incoming DO students?