2019-2020 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, would you be willing to let us know the date you were accepted to UNECOM? Thanks!

Sometime in mid/late October!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know anything about AACOMAS academic updates/sending updates to UNE? I applied here in August but I am graduating this semester and am talking analytical Chem right now. This is a requirement at this school and I don’t think they will look at my application until I update my academics.
I was accepted pending completion of a required class.
I never took "Analytical Chemistry" and I'm at this school. Unless they changed the requirements, this is inaccurate.
I think some schools consider the 2nd semester of gen Chem "analytic chemistry". At my school the class called "Analytic chemistry" was like 2nd semester gen chem on steroids...maybe this school calls that same class "advanced analytic chemistry"...

I never took "Analytical Chemistry" and I'm at this school. Unless they changed the requirements, this is inaccurate.

You need two semesters of inorganic chemistry. The admission department confirmed they would not look at my application until I had that.

Hey guys, I posted earlier. First-year at UNECOM and willing to answer your questions. We just finished the last exam week of our first semester and are now on break until the beginning of January. Congrats to those accepted; those of you on the waitlist just try to be patient, there is movement on this list every so often!

congrats on finishing your first semester! If I remember correctly, the term started in the first week of July?July 1st?) and it just ended? That’s a long semester considering other schools start in September. Do you guys get any breaks in between?

Just got the "CUP" scholars program email and got excited....

Reactions: 1 user
I am starting to dislike this school for their weird emails...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on finishing your first semester! If I remember correctly, the term started in the first week of July?July 1st?) and it just ended? That’s a long semester considering other schools start in September. Do you guys get any breaks in between?

Thank you! Yes, we started on July 1st and just ended. It was not straight through and there were some short breaks sprinkled in, including roughly a week for thanksgiving, I think a week after our second 8-week block, and a few long weekends.

You need two semesters of inorganic chemistry. The admission department confirmed they would not look at my application until I had that.

Yes, two semesters of inorganic is right, just never heard the second semester referred to as "analytical", that's all. I took "General Chemistry I, and General Chemistry II".

Did anybody who applied to this school this year apply with the minimum that they consider 490 or slightly higher, perhaps a 492-494? Thank you!

Accepted off the waitlist today! Loved this school and the atmosphere, but I'll be declining my spot. Best of luck everybody!

Was wondering the same thing- tried calling their office but I'm guessing they're on break now
I think they accept updates starting in January, I wrote that down in my spreadsheet, but i don't remember where I got that info from

I think they accept updates starting in January, I wrote that down in my spreadsheet, but i don't remember where I got that info from
Do they accept updates through email? Or would it have to be through aacomas

Hey y’all, OMS-III at UNE COM and former student interviewer. Please let me know if you have questions about the school and the application process!
I’m taking the mcat next month and my current score is terrible. I’m wondering if it would be worth it to finish the secondary and still apply if they’ll consider my Jan mcat.

I’m taking the mcat next month and my current score is terrible. I’m wondering if it would be worth it to finish the secondary and still apply if they’ll consider my Jan mcat.
I believe the last mcat test they accepted for this cycle was September. That said “awful” is relative. Below 500 awful? Because I considered my score “awful” but got in.

Was it higher than a 495?
yep: higher than that. That's why I asked. I had an admissions director say to my face "wow that's low" about my MCAT score, meanwhile a student I shadowed had the same score as I did said they didn't re-take the MCAT because they "knew their score was high enough." It's really all relative and depends on where you're looking. I chose not to apply last cycle with a 502 because it was "too low" as far as I could tell. But I'm fairly certain most schools don't take scores after August/September 2019 for this application cycle.

SECOND YESR STUDENTS: what’s your schedule look like? I know anatomy(mandatory) is no longer required for the second year, just the OMT classes. So with lectures being recorded, how often do you actually go to campus? I feel like there should be a lot more flexibility in the schedule than the first year because you now have to prepare to study for the board right?!

Hey everyone! Just want to say I applied very very late (complete 12/19) and I'm also a low stat applicant - cue panic mode BUT I just received an II today!! So there is hope for anyone really! I'm super excited to see the school.

Anyone have tips for the interview? I know its 3 on 1 for 30 minutes, how does this usually go lol And what do they usually ask/bring up in your application?

Congrats on getting an interview! I had a 2 on 1 with a 2nd year med student and a faculty member. It was VERY laid back and relaxed, definitely conversational. I got the typical "tell me about yourself", "why DO", "where do you see yourself long-term" questions and then the rest was talking about my learning style and what I do for fun. They also asked me how I prepared for the MCAT and I remember talking about why I think I got a lower score and basically what I learned from that experience. My best advice is to have well articulated answers for the typical questions but just to relax and let your personality shine through!

Does anyone know if they encourage update emails pre-II? I just completed the academic update in AACOMAS, but I'd like to email them too if it will help my chances

Does anyone know if they encourage update emails pre-II? I just completed the academic update in AACOMAS, but I'd like to email them too if it will help my chances
My acceptance was contingent on my completion of a course this semester. I got the email from the school saying I had completed the admission requirements even before AACOMAS had marked it as verified (but after AACOMAS alerted me that they had received my transcript). If you send an update to AACOMAS they will receive it. In my case, they told me only to send the update this way. You can always email and ask. But I think I remember from an open house over the summer that they only want AACOMAS updates

Last edited:
My acceptance was contingent on my completion of a course this semester. I got the email from the school saying I had completed the admission requirements even before AACOMAS had marked it as verified (but after AACOMAS alerted me that they had received my transcript). If you send an update to AACOMAS they will receive it. In my case, they told me only to send the update this way. You can always email and ask. But I think I remember from an open house over the summer that they only want AACOMAS updates
Sweet, thanks for the response. I'll hold off on the email update for now and just be patient.

Congrats on getting an interview! I had a 2 on 1 with a 2nd year med student and a faculty member. It was VERY laid back and relaxed, definitely conversational. I got the typical "tell me about yourself", "why DO", "where do you see yourself long-term" questions and then the rest was talking about my learning style and what I do for fun. They also asked me how I prepared for the MCAT and I remember talking about why I think I got a lower score and basically what I learned from that experience. My best advice is to have well articulated answers for the typical questions but just to relax and let your personality shine through!
Thank you!! If I may ask what was your score? Mine was also on the lower end so I’m curious if that can come up for me too lol.

Got an email for II 2 days ago! There is still hope!
Any advice/insight about interview day?

Got an email for II 2 days ago! There is still hope!
Any advice/insight about interview day?
Congrats! When is your interview scheduled? And from all the things I’ve heard, they’re really just trying to get to know you and see if you fit with the school and vice versa. Most have said it’s very conversational and there’s a live video they had posted on Facebook about the process that you can watch for more insight - but they said it’s not meant to be stressful at all!

Congrats! When is your interview scheduled? And from all the things I’ve heard, they’re really just trying to get to know you and see if you fit with the school and vice versa. Most have said it’s very conversational and there’s a live video they had posted on Facebook about the process that you can watch for more insight - but they said it’s not meant to be stressful at all!
Interviewing on 02/13!
I definitely have the video saved so I can watch it later this week! Genuinely glad you say it's conversational; hopefully I don't mess up.

I also just got an interview invite here, but a bit nervous since I saw that the class is already full.

Oh wow really?? where was that posted? I hope it's not a wasted trip then
I got accepted at the same time others were waitlisted. I’m not sure the class is 100% full. Also the waitlist has movement . And Some of us have multiple acceptances, so there will be more movement. I’m sure it’s not a totally wasted trip!

I got accepted at the same time others were waitlisted. I’m not sure the class is 100% full. Also the waitlist has movement . And Some of us have multiple acceptances, so there will be more movement. I’m sure it’s not a totally wasted trip!
Basically have to cross my fingers and hope for the best haha

Where did you see that the class is full?

a few were discussing around page 8 of this thread And a have friend who goes to UNE who told me that the class is usually full by now or at leastClose to it . Again I’m not sure but it makes me nervous.

a few were discussing around page 8 of this thread And a have friend who goes to UNE who told me that the class is usually full by now or at leastClose to it . Again I’m not sure but it makes me nervous.
Yeah but no one ever truly knows except adcoms. It’s very possible, but they obviously carry interviews throughout for a reason since ppl give up their seats and turn down interviews,
especially during traffic guidelines. So I wouldn’t jump to conclusions, just have trust in yourself regardless!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got II today! I'm gonna be flying into Portland. Does anyone know if uber or lyft is reliable?