2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year, Dean Arias essentially told applicants for the March interviews that the class was full. & based upon the information that I got from who I knew who interviewed/attend Keck very few acceptance went out from the end of January/February/March cohorts.
Not surprised. Dean arias was pretty transparent in saying that if we all killed the interviews, they would take all of us lol. So seems like seats would fill that fast.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I interview in September for 150 available seats vs if I interview in January for now (no clue how many but ima just generously guess) 100 seats ... there are less seats for me, therefore a disadvantage of some degree. The degree might be debatable, but to say there’s no difference, i think, is not true
Was just saying what Gonnif said. I'm sure every school is different and some like to fill up their class earlier than others.

Does anyone know if we can call admissions to check if there are earlier interview dates that have opened up (after already selecting a later interview date)?

Just got the II. Very grateful, since I love certain faculty there.

Edit: complete 8/22 and I found typos in my what word describes you secondary essay

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I submitted my secondary yesterday and got an OOS interview invite today.
Excited cuz i'm a late applicant and this is my first interview (just started submitting secondaries yesterday).

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I submitted my secondary yesterday and got an OOS interview invite today.
Excited cuz i'm a late applicant and this is my first interview (just started submitting secondaries yesterday).
Normally I wouldn’t ask, but do you think there is something special about your application? One day turnaround...

I'm new to the forum so I haven't figured out how to quote but I saw someone else had a super fast turnaround last week. I think they submitted on Oct 6 and got and interview on Oct 8.
It makes me think they are just processing whatever comes in immediately.

As for my application. I am half URM but I am not the most impressive. 511 , 3.79 from a big state university. No research experience but far more than average non-medical volunteer before college.

Is Keck into high stats or do they look closer to their median?
It seems from the responses here that they look closer to the medians...

but even more important is fit for the school

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else who interviewed early freaking out about October 15th??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
quoting the great Deion Sanders:

"If you ball [on the interview] you get the call!"

Last edited:
omg im so scared does anyone know what time usc traditionally starts sending decisions?

y’all i have a bad case of the nervous poops

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
GOT THE CALL! CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THIS IS MY TOP CHOICE!

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
Do you have the area code it came from ? concerned I may have just missed it.

Dean Arias said to pick up a 323 number or at the very least have your voicemail set up.

Still miserably sitting in silence :(((((((

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
When you hear your phone ring and run across the room for it to say "Telemarketer" :')

Side note: when did we ever give schools our phone number? I can’t remember entering it on the primary lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call!!! Interviewed last week. 323 number!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Any other August interviewees that haven’t heard back yet? :confused:

Reactions: 3 users
Any other August interviewees that haven’t heard back yet? :confused:
Me lol pretty sure she’s going in chronological order sigh
Wish they would send the rejection emails already so I can just be done with this waiting game

Looked at past threads... looks like if you don’t get a call you’ll probably get a WL/R email tomorrow... sigh.

• Wow
Looked at past threads... looks like if you don’t get a call you’ll probably get a WL/R email tomorrow... sigh.
Thought she said we were getting notified today regardless of the outcome

Thought she said we were getting notified today regardless of the outcome
Hmmm... I remember her saying it was just the soonest she can get back to us. Idk tho I’m just saying that’s the pattern I saw on the SDN threads from the past couple years.

praying my little heart out to the Trojan gods for a sweet call

I looked at last year's thread and some people did get waitlist notifications on Oct 15 and some people got acceptances on Oct 16! Lol @ me trying to keep the hope in my heart alive UGH

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Maybe it’ll be right before she leaves the office like around five I’m guessing ughhhhh