2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 7/2 and still on radio silence.

Seeing people get IIs mere days after submitting makes me feel like the R is inevitable :(

JUST END ME USC
Some people getting IIs mere days after submitting should do the opposite of make you feel that the R is inevitable. It's pretty solid proof that the applications are reviewed in a non-chronological order!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Complete 7/2 and still on radio silence.

Seeing people get IIs mere days after submitting makes me feel like the R is inevitable :(

JUST END ME USC

You can also think about the fact that even if they have reviewed you there have been a LOT of rejections here. They’re holding onto you for a reason! they would have just rejected you outright if they didn’t see a fit. And as someone else said they may have just not reviewed your app at all! Good luck

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To amend, it's the EARLIEST date schools can send out acceptances for regular decision applicants

Correct.
It will be a day of happiness and disappointment for many ppl

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
First R of the cycle (Pre-II) via email. 511 mcat, low gpa.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R today. Done sometime mid July. It was a long shot but oh well

• Sad
Is keck considered a big research school?

Is keck considered a big research school?
i would say so. Ranked T30 according to US news but also dean arias really stressed them being a “research powerhouse” on interview day

Reactions: 1 user
My first secondary submit and also my first R... Was complete 8/27. Makes me be scared for my other schools since I haven't heard back from any other ones yet :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
c'mon USC, reject me already u cowards :poke:

jk pls love me :'(

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Complete 7/7, still complete silence... just gimme the axe already and stop dragging this on!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just received the R! Complete mid July for those wondering. Good luck to you all

• Sad
Just got that R as well today, complete 7/10, phew really hoping for some love from schools soon :oops:

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Complete 7/4 and silence for me..

• Sad
Complete 7/7. 509 MCAT, got the R just now. Knew it was a reach. My chances of staying in California are slowly dwindling to just 3 schools...

Best of luck everyone else!

• Sad
R today at 3pm. Completed 7/31. LM 71. It's alright, at the end, all we need is just 1 acceptance.

Reactions: 6 users
R today, complete 7/22 shocked it wasn't sooner because this was a big reach.

• Sad
Man. This is hilarious. I applied to 54 schools and radio silence from all of them.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
Man. This is hilarious. I applied to 54 schools and radio silence from all of them.

I wouldn’t worry.
I’m sure you will get some II’s soon
Your apps weren’t complete til
Labor Day so a lot of schools are probably just now getting to you.

If it makes you feel any better, I completed all my secondaries (23) mid-July thru early August and haven't heard anything except 1 R and 1 hold. & your stats are fairly similar to mine

• Sad
Got my R. Submit 2nd on 7/28, Complete 8/23. R on 10/3.

• Sad
I wonder what this means for those of us who submitted earlier than others who have gotten Rs, but haven't heard anything

Reactions: 5 users
has anyone with 513 and submitted mid August heard back yet?

I'm a 513 but I submitted Aug 1 and still haven't heard! I haven't seen many 513s with any news at all.

Also 513. I submitted really late on 9/6. Not a huge surprise that I haven’t heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 users