2019-2020 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
someone joined the GroupMe and said they had been accepted off the waitlist on June 4th. This was pretty recently so I’m assuming there’s still a bit of movement!

thank you! I saw that there was an offer on the republic of texas thread but wanted to confirm!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For the new cycle; does everyone get an invite to do the secondaries or just specific people?

This is the wrong crowd to ask as the secondary was only introduced for the 2020-2021 cycle.

But
UTMB Admission Requirements
Candidates will receive an email invitation from UTMB with instructions on how to complete the secondary application once the TMDSAS application has been processed. No applicant will be invited for an interview without the submission of a completed secondary application. Deadline to submit the secondary application is November 15, 2020. Fee: $70

So everyone should receive the secondary one their application is transmitted to them.
Also, CASPer has to be completed in order to be considered for an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
For accepted students, are y'all planning to get your vaccinations at UTMB?
I got them all done at my family doctor, but I believe in the Town hall meeting they said that if you want to do it at the student clinic, then just let them know ahead of time so they know why you haven't had them yet.

Has anyone heard if this class is full? I would like to know and feel it is only fair too.

Does anyone know the last date to be accepted off the alternate pool?

I would say the start of orientation is usually rule of thumb for most schools. COVID is changing things, so it may be different, but the original date we were told for orientation was July 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final status email today. Hopefully I will be more successful next cycle. Good luck to all matriculants! ❤️

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! Got the final status. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on why you think we weren’t selected. Just want to get an idea so I can have a better idea of what they’re looking for with this upcoming application cycle!

Hi guys! Got the final status. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on why you think we weren’t selected. Just want to get an idea so I can have a better idea of what they’re looking for with this upcoming application cycle!
Some schools like A&M provide you feed back on your application if you ask.

When I called UTMB, they said that they don't do file reviews for anyone who interviewed, and they said all Texas schools are the same.
Actually though, TTUHSC Lubbock was happy to schedule a 30 min file review appointment when I called, which wasn't in depth but it was still helpful. For example, they don't have time to review your essays but they can see your activity hours, MCAT and GPA, interview feedback, and even CASPer. That way, they can generally point out where you can spend more time for your gap year.