2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When did you interview? Did you send in a letter of intent?
Thank you! I interviewed 1/17, but didn’t send a letter of intent. I’m also OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how often the admissions team meets now that interview season for them is over?

Will there be more scholarships given out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
I know in the HPWL email they had said that updates, additional letters of rec, etc would not be necessary as they would not influence our place - are you guys who are on the HPWL still sending stuff like that in or holding off?

Reactions: 1 user
I know in the HPWL email they had said that updates, additional letters of rec, etc would not be necessary as they would not influence our place - are you guys who are on the HPWL still sending stuff like that in or holding off?
I took it as a pretty clear message not to send any of that stuff. The only exception in my mind would be if you wanna send a letter of intent, but based on past years that’s probably unnecessary too seeing as the HPWL is close to a guaranteed acceptance at some point. I know it’s hard to sit around and twiddle your thumbs, but it seems like that’s what they want from us unfortunately

Reactions: 6 users
Just got my scholarship email. Freaking. Out.
How long after filling out the scholarship information did you receive the email?? Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, I haven't been following this thread much.

Are there any current Larner students in here that I could ask a few things to?

how long after HPWL do we usually hear back?

A couple students were accepted from HPWL recently. My understanding is that people get pulled from HPWL anytime between now and the day of orientation. Most movement probably happens late April and the first couple weeks of May.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone if UVM's commit to enroll date is April 30th or later? I know some schools have later deadlines, but I am not too sure. Does this mean that we have to withdraw from all wailists by april 30th?

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
I just set up my UVM account, but I'm not able to see the financial aid award. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just set up my UVM account, but I'm not able to see the financial aid award. Is anyone else having the same problem?

I think they've privately notified people of scholarships but haven't released aid packages yet... I just tried to look at my account and it doesn't look like the 2020-2021 award info is available yet. I wouldn't sweat it...

I think they've privately notified people of scholarships but haven't released aid packages yet... I just tried to look at my account and it doesn't look like the 2020-2021 award info is available yet. I wouldn't sweat it...
thanks! I was reading too much into their email.

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Lovely school and campus, bummer I can't be in VT for the next four years.

Reactions: 7 users
Word!

Would be interested to hear about people being pulled from HPWL or WL.
Oh, you'll be hearing from us lol. Trust you me, we can't WAIT to FINALLY be pulled from HPWL/WL...

Reactions: 6 users
prayers that they make it into the normal WL!!!

Reactions: 3 users
No, and I thought I heard them say during one of the zoom sessions that they would be available on 4/13, so I’m frustrated!
Wow, really? Sorry, here I am thinking y'all already had them! Granted these are unprecedented times. But that's cutting it close! Tomorrow is the 15th and the 30th is right around the corner. What a cycle this has been...

Got my aid package — all loans! I’ll be withdrawing :)

• Haha
Is it possible more scholarships will be released later this month?

Is it possible more scholarships will be released later this month?

I’ll be withdrawing before the end of the month so I imagine they’ll re-allocate that money to someone else.

Reactions: 9 users
Are there any current Larner students in here that I could ask a few things to?

Hey HopeIsStrength, I'm a first year at LCOM and would be happy to answer questions! You can post them to the forum or message me directly (the latter is better if you have controversial or personal questions :)

To those also on the HPWL, what is your current thought process? Are you planning to reapply this year or are you going to wait it out until we hopefully hear from UVM?? My undergrad is reaching out to start the reapplication process and I am heavily debating if I should begin the process or if it isn't necessary. Given the current global situation, I am unsure of the best thing to do. Any thoughts??

Has anyone admitted on or after 2/28 heard back about scholarships yet? Have they given all of them out yet? Also, does anyone know if they reassign scholarships after admitted students with scholarships withdraw?

I'm staying at this HPWL party until security tells me to leave. This is plan A, B, C through Z lol. It's not over until they tell me otherwise. These next couple of weeks are a really good shot for us. Last cycle, HPWL starting hearing back again around April 30 so guess what? I'm waiting this out haha!!:soexcited::claps::clap:

To those also on the HPWL, what is your current thought process? Are you planning to reapply this year or are you going to wait it out until we hopefully hear from UVM?? My undergrad is reaching out to start the reapplication process and I am heavily debating if I should begin the process or if it isn't necessary. Given the current global situation, I am unsure of the best thing to do. Any thoughts??
I've heard odds are good to get off HPWL.
Odds are more than good. Admissions staff at my interview date (and corroborated at many others) have said that you are essentially guaranteed to be accepted from the HPWL. They have cleared it every year for the past 10 or so and did not expect this year to be any different.

Reactions: 8 users
Odds are more than good. Admissions staff at my interview date (and corroborated at many others) have said that you are essentially guaranteed to be accepted from the HPWL. They have cleared it every year for the past 10 or so and did not expect this year to be any different.

this wait is killing me

With tuition costing 67K and COA total well over 90K/yr, Lots of OOS folks with acceptance to UVM will be withdrawing. UVM will move through the HPWL and the LPWL if there is one. LOL

I can second that HPWL is an acceptance. They don't outright guarantee it but they made it very very clear during my interview day that typically 100% of HPWL offers turn into acceptance offers. Regular waitlist is what I'm more concerned about since they only take some off that list.

Def hoping for many OOS, especially in light of the pandemic making travel, moving, and distance from family harder, to decline their offers so that I can get a seat from the regular (low priority) waitlist.

Anyone thinking of sending another LoI next week before moving day?

Anyone thinking of sending another LoI next week before moving day?
From what they've said in emails and at the interview it seems like it won't do much of anything but if you have new info or something different to say you might as well!

i loved UVM but gotta withdraw bc of the $$$. good luck everyone!

Can someone post like an actual breakdown of the COA if they've received a financial aid packet for OOS? They're website seems kind of out dated and doesn't include much info

Can someone post like an actual breakdown of the COA if they've received a financial aid packet for OOS? They're website seems kind of out dated and doesn't include much info

This page offers the most detailed COA breakdown that I've been able to find: UVM Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine Tuition and Fees

The actual financial aid portal for accepted applicants is DREADFUL and has no breakdown whatsoever, at least that I can find. It just shows the total amounts of scholarship $, unsubsidized and grad PLUS loans awarded per semester without any info about cost. (Would love to be wrong about this one, though!)

Anyone else still waiting for financial aid package? I received a scholarship a few months ago but nothing has showed up in the financial aid portal. I hope I didn't mess anything up on my end

Anyone else still waiting for financial aid package? I received a scholarship a few months ago but nothing has showed up in the financial aid portal. I hope I didn't mess anything up on my end

I didn't get any financials at all yet so you should be okay

Seems like people are dropping their A, but no one has been taken off the hpwl lately :O

Admissions probably doesn't have an issue waiting until May 1st once they are certain their Plan to Enroll data is up to date

So is the consensus that you cannot get IS residency after 1st year?