2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow. Congratulations! Does the committee discuss all the candidates who were interviewed on the same day at the same meeting? I interviewed on Jan 8th as well. Just wondering what the progress might be.

Thank you! I genuinely do not know.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is a second look day? Can't find any info but don't know if I'm being an idiot and overlooking something.

Does anyone know if there is a second look day? Can't find any info but don't know if I'm being an idiot and overlooking something.

Yes there is! It’s on April 20th. They call it “closer look day” and I received an email about it on January 27th!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes anyone feel better this school is notorious for taking FOREVER to get back about post II Decisions. Same thing happened last cycle. It’s not new this year.

Reactions: 2 users
If it makes anyone feel better this school is notorious for taking FOREVER to get back about post II Decisions. Same thing happened last cycle. It’s not new this year.
Yeah the suspense in anticipation is a killer...

I'm counting on March 6th being another mass wave of post-II decisions at the latest. If it's anything like last cycle. Just a guess...

Accepted yesterday (2/19)! Interviewed on January 8. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted :) So honored and grateful.
Congrats! Are you in state? Also do you mind saying what campus you were accepted to?

Yes there is! It’s on April 20th. They call it “closer look day” and I received an email about it on January 27th!

Thanks for the answer! Much appreciated. I hope I get an email about it, but at least I can mark of those dates for now.

Anyone have any fun, generally unfounded predictions about whether or not we will get decisions post II this week? With a handful of acceptances last week I'm not sure whether to assume that was the one decision release date of the month people had previously indicated UVM employs

based on last year's thread it seemed like they were lagging with decisions as well but only as far back as January interviews by this time... *posted by a tired-of-waiting-11/23-interviewee*

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any fun, generally unfounded predictions about whether or not we will get decisions post II this week? With a handful of acceptances last week I'm not sure whether to assume that was the one decision release date of the month people had previously indicated UVM employs

based on last year's thread it seemed like they were lagging with decisions as well but only as far back as January interviews by this time... *posted by a tired-of-waiting-11/23-interviewee*

I am also a 11/23 interviewee who just looked through last year's thread and noticed the same thing!! Maybe they are lagging even more this year after learning what works and what doesn't with last year's new traffic rules.

but.....for fun I will guess 2/29, leap day! because, even though it is a Saturday, so was our interview day. I feel that it might be too optimistic though, and the first week of March is a safer bet. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 11/23 and was accepted last week. I don't think they're necessarily going in chronological order.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed 11/23 and was accepted last week. I don't think they're necessarily going in chronological order.

Good to know! yeah, it has seemed sporadic this whole time. Congrats!!!!!!!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. Interviewed 11/23. Pretty much saw this coming as we were not a good match at all

anyone else interview on 11/23 and STILL haven't received a post-II decision? really anxious to hear back as this is one of my top choices!

anyone else interview on 11/23 and STILL haven't received a post-II decision? really anxious to hear back as this is one of my top choices!
I’m sure there are others. I know waiting is hard but you have to get used to it. Schools don’t lose interviewers. It just takes time and Vermont takes awhile.

When will financial aid packages / scholarships be released?

HPWL today! Interviewed 11/23. Was one day off with my prediction lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to Vermont Campus. 12/7 interview.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
PSA for those who are HPWL (and possibly regular WL?): there is a tab on the portal where you are asked to accept or decline the WL spot!!

Reactions: 6 users
HPWL yesterday! Interviewed 12/7. Do you guys know what the HPWL movement is like?

HPWL yesterday! Interviewed 12/7. Do you guys know what the HPWL movement is like?
From my understanding, based on what was said at my interview and corroborated by others, a HPWL spot is essentially a guaranteed Acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
that’s exciting news! When should we expect to see movements from this HPWL? Any guesses?

From my understanding, based on what was said at my interview and corroborated by others, a HPWL spot is essentially a guaranteed Acceptance.

that’s exciting news! When should we expect to see movements from this HPWL? Any guesses?
Sorry, I don’t know. I know I am probably going to withdraw my acceptance here shortly but I was going to wait a hot second and see if they’d make a scholarship offer.

Any word on Second Look? I haven't gotten any emails.

Yes, an email was sent out I believe in January. It’s on April 20

Soo the information just isn’t sent out anymore for applicants accepted later than January...? I also didn’t get an email and wasn’t able to find anything online. Kind of frustrating

Does anyone know if UVM would match tuition for a different instate school?

Soo the information just isn’t sent out anymore for applicants accepted later than January...? I also didn’t get an email and wasn’t able to find anything online. Kind of frustrating

I am not sure, but you should email admissions and I am sure they will send you the info. You need to register to attend. They probably just haven’t sent it yet to the people accepted later.

I’m sure you will get the email soon - they just haven’t sent it to everyone who was recently admitted. The date is April 20th if you want to make travel plans.

I’m sure you will get the email soon - they just haven’t sent it to everyone who was recently admitted. The date is April 20th if you want to make travel plans.

Got the email an hour ago lol

I am not sure, but you should email admissions and I am sure they will send you the info. You need to register to attend. They probably just haven’t sent it yet to the people accepted later.

That was quick! They sent it out probably as soon as they saw your email. UVM admin is great that way!! They definitely are there for the students

I just got in here last week and now am stressing about how to pay for this stuff. Does anyone know if Med Schools give Grant (Free Money) based on Need or just to help the student out? Is Grant/ Free Money common? From my research, it seems that the majority of Aid is either a Merit Scholarship or some sort of Loan, either through the school or through the Government.

Also, what are the advantages of a Loan through the School?

I just got in here last week and now am stressing about how to pay for this stuff. Does anyone know if Med Schools give Grant (Free Money) based on Need or just to help the student out? Is Grant/ Free Money common? From my research, it seems that the majority of Aid is either a Merit Scholarship or some sort of Loan, either through the school or through the Government.

Also, what are the advantages of a Loan through the School?
These are big questions and you may be better off setting up a financial planning or advising session with the medical school financial aid office. They seem very friendly. UVM does offer some grants/scholarships that can drive down tuition, but most aid will be in loans with varying interest rates and principals. Mean debt for med students is in the 200k I believe. I'm sure the average debt for those who rely on loans is even higher

Two questions sorry havent been following this thread for a while.

Does UVM give post-II R's?
Does UVM have any movement off the normal Waitlist?