2019-2020 Wayne State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What about your thoughts on the coleslaw in the sandwichs?

You didn’t like!? Sacrilege. lol I suppose we have catering to thank for that. But I thought the sandwiches were good.

I hear rumors that Oakland University’s medical school has the best interview food ever. Hey, either way free food is free food!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if wayne has the audacity to put slaw in their sandwiches then they’re within normal limits of offering me an II. PLS RESPOND THE SILENCE IS CRAZY


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3487.jpg
 
You didn’t like!? Sacrilege. lol I suppose we have catering to thank for that. But I thought the sandwiches were good.

I hear rumors that Oakland University’s medical school has the best interview food ever. Hey, either way free food is free food!

Lol for a $100 secondary they sure can offer you a free slaw sandwich.
 
That's how it always worked lol. No such thing as a free lunch. Only a $100 "free" lunch. In the end you still pay. They don't make it easy.
 
For those who were accepted, the portal updated with a new tab. It has a pre matriculation checklist. Anyone else have incomplete requirements even though you did them??
 
For those who were accepted, the portal updated with a new tab. It has a pre matriculation checklist. Anyone else have incomplete requirements even though you did them??
Yes. Mine says I have only completed my physics requirements for prerequisites even though I should have all of them complete.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed already/is local is the area had any trouble finding an uber in the morning? Like are there ubers out at 730 am to take my from my hotel to the school?
 
Has anyone who interviewed already/is local is the area had any trouble finding an uber in the morning? Like are there ubers out at 730 am to take my from my hotel to the school?

I'm not in Detroit, but you can schedule a pickup time with Uber. I'd still recommend leaving early. Better to be 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late.
 
Has anyone who interviewed already/is local is the area had any trouble finding an uber in the morning? Like are there ubers out at 730 am to take my from my hotel to the school?
my hotel was in downtown detroit I had no issue getting an uber at 7am
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if Wayne State will release decisions October 15th? First acceptances given out last year was the 16th, not sure if they are continuing that this year
 
Anyone know if Wayne State will release decisions October 15th? First acceptances given out last year was the 16th, not sure if they are continuing that this year

From last year, it seemed like the first day decisions could be released was the 16th, which was a Tuesday like it is this year.
 
Anyone know if Wayne State will release decisions October 15th? First acceptances given out last year was the 16th, not sure if they are continuing that this year
From last year, it seemed like the first day decisions could be released was the 16th, which was a Tuesday like it is this year.

From their website's FAQ:
When is the earliest I should expect a letter of acceptance?
Letters are sent starting October 15.

Btw, there's also a Discord for those applying to medical school if any of you are interested!
Join the Medschool Application Discord Server!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The fact that I interviewed 9/20 as well and haven't heard back makes me think I'm waitlisted, which is fine I guess.

Logically they probably made their decisions for most of us weeks ago and if you were admitted it automatically unlocked and updated at midnight today. I hope I'm wrong on that but yeah not feeling too good about it haha