You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t know if I would go with that logic, other places have sent out WL notices already, but I also leap toward unpalatable conclusions quickly.The fact that I interviewed 9/20 as well and haven't heard back makes me think I'm waitlisted, which is fine I guess.
Logically they probably made their decisions for most of us weeks ago and if you were admitted it automatically unlocked and updated at midnight today. I hope I'm wrong on that but yeah not feeling too good about it haha
popcorn1096
Full Member
Thanks! Im regular decision, IS! Also a re-applicantCongrats on all the acceptances. Are you all in EDP ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This could be like the MCAT where they staggered the decisions to avoid overloading the portal.The fact that I interviewed 9/20 as well and haven't heard back makes me think I'm waitlisted, which is fine I guess.
Logically they probably made their decisions for most of us weeks ago and if you were admitted it automatically unlocked and updated at midnight today. I hope I'm wrong on that but yeah not feeling too good about it haha
Or they had a group they decided on immediately and a group they need to think a bit more about than 10/15, there’s a lot that could be going on.This could be like the MCAT where they staggered the decisions to avoid overloading the portal.
popcorn1096
Full Member
Does anyone know how responding to the offer works? There seems to be no required deposit but is it a retractable response? Best wishes to everyone this cycle!
Anyone hear back yet that interviewed on 9/6?
DiabeticMed
Full Member
I submitted my app over 9-10 weeks ago and still have heard silence. The same from all my other schools except 2 put me on hold. Does Wayne State usually take a while to get back to people, or does the long period of silence mean something similar to a 'hold' in that they saw my app but didn't love it so they are gonna keep it in their pile for later? I'm just trying to understand how this all works--sorry if I'm asking a dumb question
(Im hoping) it could also just be a difference in your interviewer. I remember mine said he hadnt looked at my application until the morning of the interview itself, so maybe some are slower than others to give their evaluation of you.
Did anyone else have their interview cut short b/c of an interviewer emergency?? Wondering if that affected my chances since the school never followed up with me even though they said they would...
Aloe paleo
Full Member
I think that makes you lucky!Did anyone else have their interview cut short b/c of an interviewer emergency?? Wondering if that affected my chances since the school never followed up with me even though they said they would...
Haha I really hope so!!I think that makes you lucky!
15 minutes for the student interview, 10 minutes for the faculty...How short?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted848116
Anyone who interviewed 8/26 still not hear anything back? I feel like this is a waitlist now :/
Interviewed 8/19, nothing.Anyone who interviewed 8/26 still not hear anything back? I feel like this is a waitlist now :/
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Interviewed 8/26, also still nothing.Anyone who interviewed 8/26 still not hear anything back? I feel like this is a waitlist now :/
Ahhh I see, thank you so much I hadn’t thought of that!!That is quite short...maybe consider sending a letter of interest/letter mentioning things you felt you wanted to emphasize in the interview but couldn't due to time constraints?
MrPooperScooper
Full Member
Interviewed in early September. Nada here. Waitlist maybe?
D
deleted848116
Interviewed in early September. Nada here. Waitlist maybe?
Yeah that's the vibe I'm getting here tbh rip Wayne was one of my top choices too
MrPooperScooper
Full Member
Yeah that's the vibe I'm getting here tbh rip Wayne was one of my top choices too
WL ain’t RIP at Wayne. This school gets good movement so don’t give up yet. Maybe it’s not even a WL
8/26 here! I'm trying not to get to stressed about not hearing back yet. I'm glad that others have been able to get good news today though!Anyone who interviewed 8/26 still not hear anything back? I feel like this is a waitlist now :/
For anyone who has checked the acceptance letter in their portal (not the email), did you see where it says a decision must be made in 2 weeks? I assume this is a mistake, and was probably meant for those being accepted off the Waitlist in the spring. Decisions don't have to be made until April 15th, correct?
blackhawk
Full Member
I submitted my app in mid-Aug, heard nothing either.I submitted my app over 9-10 weeks ago and still have heard silence. The same from all my other schools except 2 put me on hold. Does Wayne State usually take a while to get back to people, or does the long period of silence mean something similar to a 'hold' in that they saw my app but didn't love it so they are gonna keep it in their pile for later? I'm just trying to understand how this all works--sorry if I'm asking a dumb question
Interviewed 8/26, also still nothing.
+1 [emoji17]
D
deleted895575
300/600 people get in from WL- per MSAR
don’t give up hope yet! there’s a lot of people they have to comb through and god knows wayne’s admin is slow
don’t give up hope yet! there’s a lot of people they have to comb through and god knows wayne’s admin is slow
MrPooperScooper
Full Member
Just scouted the previous couple years threads, and it seems that Wayne State has intermittent waves of Acceptances and WLs, so if we didn't hear back today, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a WL/R.
I was waitlisted for 7 months before I was accepted, so please hold out hope 🙂300/600 people get in from WL- per MSAR
don’t give up hope yet! there’s a lot of people they have to comb through and god knows wayne’s admin is slow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jisoop
Full Member
She also said it’d be available within the next week. *shrug*I called and asked about hearing back on 9/27 interviews. The woman who answered said “that information is not available yet.” So, I guess... that’s good?
I do not believe WSU rejects people post-interview until the start of the next school year. If you interviewed, you are guaranteed at least a spot on their WL, which they tend to revisit over and over again at each adcom meeting.Well, no news for me today... at least it wasn’t an R I guess [emoji28]
GloballyMed
Full Member
Yes, miraculously about 600 people cancelled their interviews a day or 2 ago, so now they have about 600 IIs left to be sent out according to their tracker and assuming they will be interviewing roughly 1200 applicants like they did last year.are they gonna offer more interviews?
Gotcha, interesting.Yes, miraculously about 600 people cancelled their interviews a day or 2 ago, so now they have about 600 IIs left to be sent out according to their tracker and assuming they will be interviewing roughly 1200 applicants like they did last year.
If this is true I hope they send me an II! Been complete since late July and haven't heard anything from them yet.Yes, miraculously about 600 people cancelled their interviews a day or 2 ago, so now they have about 600 IIs left to be sent out according to their tracker and assuming they will be interviewing roughly 1200 applicants like they did last year.
JordyJ38
New Member
Congrats! I was wondering what time zone you live in? Meaning did you get the email at midnight eastern time or pacific time or something else? Thanks!Accepted!! Got the email 12:01am, interviewed 9/13, IS
9
994904
I believe I saw that the interview tracker had switched from 1227 to 600 something sometime last week or maybe even before that, before the October 15 acceptance release date. I'm wondering if they just mistakenly put the total projected interviews to be sent out (~1200) instead of the interviews requested prior to this change. I personally don't think that it was because 600 some people dropped their interviews within the past 2 days.Yes, miraculously about 600 people cancelled their interviews a day or 2 ago, so now they have about 600 IIs left to be sent out according to their tracker and assuming they will be interviewing roughly 1200 applicants like they did last year.
I think it was some sort of glitch as well, because 600 people cancelling their interviews before decisions could be sent out doesn’t make any sense lololI believe I saw that the interview tracker had switched from 1227 to 600 something sometime last week or maybe even before that, before the October 15 acceptance release date. I'm wondering if they just mistakenly put the total projected interviews to be sent out (~1200) instead of the interviews requested prior to this change. I personally don't think that it was because 600 some people dropped their interviews within the past 2 days.
GloballyMed
Full Member
Hence I used miraculously. Too lazy to reference the prior jokes made regarding this drastic change lolI think it was some sort of glitch as well, because 600 people cancelling their interviews before decisions could be sent out doesn’t make any sense lolol
Waitlisted just now.
Is waitlist the same as the alternate list?Waitlisted just now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted!
Waitlisted
MrPooperScooper
Full Member
Waitlisted