You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlist is the same thing as the alternate list. You could be taken off the waitlist at any time! From personal experience, I got waitlisted around late October/early November (a little over a month after I interviewed) and had my status change to accepted in mid December. Some applicants got off the waitlist early on while others didn't get off the waitlist until right before classes began. Regardless, keep an eye out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got waitlisted. Nowhere to go but forward, though! Good luck to everyone else in the same spot, and congrats to everyone who got accepted.
okay I'm sure this has been asked already but if we are accepted do we need to respond to the offer to keep our seat? My letter was super short and didn't say anything about when to respond by or whether there was any action required.
okay I'm sure this has been asked already but if we are accepted do we need to respond to the offer to keep our seat? My letter was super short and didn't say anything about when to respond by or whether there was any action required.
So I'll be honest here but I'm not entirely sure how it goes this time around. During last cycle, the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool was being implemented and that was how I confirmed I was enrolling at Wayne. When the tool becomes active later in the cycle, it will eventually give you the chance to confirm you're enrolling at one school. Just make sure to keep an eye out for anything in your acceptance packages in case things have changed since then! Also, I don't believe we had a pre-matriculation checklist tab on the portal (the ones where you're all saying it confirms if you meet requirements for completing specific classes?). Unless I totally overlooked that, the only checklist items I recall on the portal were super generic like recommendation letters or transcripts. I'm thinking this is something new being implemented so I'd try to wait it out while they work out the kinks.
EDIT (copy & pasted from later post): I just now remembered that the way we confirmed our acceptance to Wayne directly was through a form sent to us by email. Portal seems like a much better way to go though since I think some of us last cycle might have overlooked the email depending on which address it was sent to lol. Also, the email with the form never specified a deadline.
Last edited:
It seems to me from this thread that people have only been getting acceptances and WLs at 12 AM or PM, has anyone gotten news from Wayne at other times?
placed on alternate
D
deleted895575
WL,
but a wayne WL this early on is basically a likely A
tbd, my friends
but a wayne WL this early on is basically a likely A
tbd, my friends
WL,
but a wayne WL this early on is basically a likely A
tbd, my friends
I hope you are right my friend [emoji119][emoji91][emoji817]
Anyone interview in August and still not hear anything yet?
Lionsandwolverines1
New Member
+1, also interviewed fairly early on, don’t know whether the silence is good or bad newsAnyone interview in August and still not hear anything yet?
BlueGangsta
Full Member
Just to share my thoughts to you all. I’m a reapplicant this year who got accepted through EDP. I was RD last year though. If you haven’t heard anything and finished secondaries in July don’t worry, it’s still somewhat early in the cycle. If you’ve had an interview but haven’t heard back, hang in there, hopefully you will get good news soon. And if you were accepted congratulations!
This year I’ve noticed that Wayne and all the med schools in general are moving relatively quickly through the application cycle so you should hear back soon.
Last year when I applied I submitted my secondaries in the second week of July and I heard silence from not only Wayne but every other school. Then from December until April I slowly got rejected from all 14 schools I applied to. It was very rough so I feel all of you who are waiting or are just facing silence. I hope it works out better for you than me.
Apparently last year amcas changed some stuff that limited what med schools could see about you including other interviews and acceptance offers. Since I was rejected last year I’m not sure how acceptance worked but it seemed to be through amcas. But this could explain for the excruciatingly slow movement and the adoption of the acceptance on the portal, to help make better decisions about interviews and acceptances
This year I’ve noticed that Wayne and all the med schools in general are moving relatively quickly through the application cycle so you should hear back soon.
Last year when I applied I submitted my secondaries in the second week of July and I heard silence from not only Wayne but every other school. Then from December until April I slowly got rejected from all 14 schools I applied to. It was very rough so I feel all of you who are waiting or are just facing silence. I hope it works out better for you than me.
Apparently last year amcas changed some stuff that limited what med schools could see about you including other interviews and acceptance offers. Since I was rejected last year I’m not sure how acceptance worked but it seemed to be through amcas. But this could explain for the excruciatingly slow movement and the adoption of the acceptance on the portal, to help make better decisions about interviews and acceptances
Waitlisted as well.... the audacity smh
3 Acceptances tho!! Congrats Dr. Jappa !!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3 Acceptances tho!! Congrats Dr. Jappa !!!
Thank you 🙂
Has anyone seen an applicant be rejected post-interview at WSU?
It seems that applicants are only accepted or waitlisted post-interview.
Could a waitlist just be a silent rejection?
It seems that applicants are only accepted or waitlisted post-interview.
Could a waitlist just be a silent rejection?
i mean the waitlist gets a ton of movement per previous years threads. Not everyone gets off of it, but its not like you're dead in the waterHas anyone seen an applicant be rejected post-interview at WSU?
It seems that applicants are only accepted or waitlisted post-interview.
Could a waitlist just be a silent rejection?
i mean the waitlist gets a ton of movement per previous years threads. Not everyone gets off of it, but its not like you're dead in the water
Yeah the waitlist gets TONS of movement. I think Wayne has one of the highest percentages of people who get off the waitlist (forgot the source but I saw an excel doc floating around on SDN before)? So don't lose out on all hope! I'm also hoping that Wayne will do much better with getting waitlist movement going this year since they've implemented the acceptance option on the portal. Last year I believe they were only relying on AMCAS's Choose Your School tool to get a general idea of who wanted to hold onto their acceptance, so the majority of applicants got off the waitlist near the very end of the cycle. Also, don't forget to check your activated wayne emails or the portal on a frequent basis just in case. When I got off the waitlist, my acceptance email was sent there rather than my email I used for AMCAS.
EDIT: I now remember that the way we confirmed our acceptance to Wayne directly was through a form sent to us by email. Portal seems like a much better way to go though since I think some of us last cycle might have overlooked the email depending on which address it was sent to lol. Also, the email with the form never specified a deadline.
Last edited:
Yeah the waitlist gets TONS of movement. I think Wayne has one of the highest percentages of people who get off the waitlist (forgot the source but I saw an excel doc floating around on SDN before)? So don't lose out on all hope! I'm also hoping that Wayne will do much better with getting waitlist movement going this year since they've implemented the acceptance option on the portal. Last year they were only relying on AMCAS's Choose Your School tool to get an idea of who wanted to hold onto their acceptance, so the majority of applicants got off the waitlist near the very end of the cycle. Also, don't forget to check your activated wayne emails or the portal on a frequent basis just in case. When I got off the waitlist, my acceptance email was sent there rather than my email I used for AMCAS.
According to MSAR, 600 people get put on the waitlist and 300 get off it
Accepted just now!!!! Wow!!!!
+1 !! Congrats fellow 8/26ers 🙂Accepted today, interviewed 8/26!! Thought I was waitlisted as well.
Lionsandwolverines1
New Member
Accepted!!!!! Feel like I’m dreaming, this is my school of choice!
How many interviews did wayne state give out last year ?
The data from MSAR is dated 2018 and it says that Wayne State sent 853 interviews in that cycle (for the entering class of 2018)How many interviews did wayne state give out last year ?
How many interviews did wayne state give out last year ?
Honestly, I know MSAR is showing a different number but I am certain I saw over 1000 interviews requested last year.
Honestly, I know MSAR is showing a different number but I am certain I saw over 1000 interviews requested last year.
MSAR is always for 2 cycles ago. It's never the most recent cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL hopefully thats the case, please move on to your second choice applicants like me now. Thank you Wayne StateUpdate, wayne state med interview tracker this month dropped from ~1200 interviews requested to 658....weird. Guess a lot of people dropped their II invites.
D
deleted1011020
LOL hopefully thats the case, please move on to your second choice applicants like me now. Thank you Wayne State
Second choice applicant checking in. Please send me some love too.
9
994904
Please refer to posts #773 - 780 in this thread for previous discussion about this 🙂Update, wayne state med interview tracker this month dropped from ~1200 interviews requested to 658....weird. Guess a lot of people dropped their II invites.
student233
Full Member
Interviewed 8/26. Accepted today. Thought I was waitlisted fo sho
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
student233
Full Member
Accepted just now!!!! Wow!!!!
Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Appreciate it.. sure OOS ORM 3.98, 513Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
D
deleted1011020
3.9 GPA 507 mcat ! Thanks!
When you finally have stats in the ballpark of someone on here.
Here’s to holding out for a II.
Yes I am thankful for Wayne!When you finally have stats in the ballpark of someone on here.
Here’s to holding out for a II.
View attachment 284210
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wayne is notoriously bad at getting back to peopleDoes anyone know how long it typically takes Wayne State to give you a decision following an interview?
it can take anywhere from like 1 week to almost 2 months depending on when you've interviewed
student233
Full Member
3.9 GPA 507 mcat ! Thanks!
I was also just wondering, did you apply traditionally? (after junior yr) or after gap year(s)?
What were your extracurriculars like?
thanks 🙂
Applied after my senior year! So close to traditional! I am ORM and most of my ECs are pretty standard but I have a fair amount of ECs that have nothing to do with medicine but are unique and were fun to write about!I was also just wondering, did you apply traditionally? (after junior yr) or after gap year(s)?
What were your extracurriculars like?
thanks 🙂
Do yall think the 300 acceptances offered off a 600 person waitlist is correct information? I know it's on MSAR but it seems hard to believe. Especially because 300 is greater than their class size, do they only offer 25% of their class an acceptance right off the bat? Very weird.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do yall think the 300 acceptances offered off a 600 person waitlist is correct information? I know it's on MSAR but it seems hard to believe. Especially because 300 is greater than their class size, do they only offer 25% of their class an acceptance right off the bat? Very weird.
most medical schools end up accepting 2x or even more than their class size. Wayne state in particular is one of the schools that accepts the most people.
Yes! Director of Admissions said one year they had half of their accepted students decline in the late spring and were using their WL like crazy. Probably explains why they interview so manyDo yall think the 300 acceptances offered off a 600 person waitlist is correct information? I know it's on MSAR but it seems hard to believe. Especially because 300 is greater than their class size, do they only offer 25% of their class an acceptance right off the bat? Very weird.
BlueGangsta
Full Member
Is there a Facebook group or something for all of the people accepted for the class of 2024 at Wayne?
also would like to know!Is there a Facebook group or something for all of the people accepted for the class of 2024 at Wayne?
BlueGangsta
Full Member
also would like to know!
If not then I’ll create one and post the link here