Oct 10, 2018
Update: WSU’s Second Look Day is being moved to online. Here’s the official email:

- - - - -

Future Warrior M.D.,

It is Wayne State University School of Medicine's ethical responsibility to place our community’s welfare above our own interests.

After much consideration and discussion over the last several days with the school leadership and university President M. Roy Wilson and his staff, the deans of the other five medical schools in Michigan, and public health officials, we will be canceling the in-person Second Look Day. Yet, we would like to invite you to a virtual event!

On April 6, we will hold a virtual event from 1 to 2 p.m. You will receive an invitation with more information the week prior, including resources and links to a virtual tour of the school. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the Office of Admissions.

We look forward to showing you what urban clinical excellence means to us!

About the Ads

greenamber538

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I
exactly, there's only been a couple people who've gotten accepted, but all of them have been from the waitlist.
Not sure where y’all are getting this info but I interviewed in December and got accepted that same month without ever being placed on the WL. I’m sure I’m not the only one either.

Gram1027

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks! I interviewed at the end of January and was not waitlisted.
This person interviewed end of January, wasn't waitlisted and got the A late Feb

Reactions: inagomask
Dec 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Welp, been a long term lurker. Interviewed here first week of Feb and personally had an amazing time. I felt the faculty and student interviews went wayyyyyy better than I expected and we clicked. Waitlisted 10 days after and been silent ever since. I love this school and I hope I get in. Halfway into my interview the faculty commended me for my sacrifices and clapped for me. If that isn't a good sign idk what is. Fingers crossed. I just need 1 A

SweetBurger

cowbell
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2013
Cant know this AND MY MOMENTUM
Status
Pre-Medical
My interviewer asked where I saw myself in 10 years. I said probably teaching/learning in residency and she’s like ohhhh so you want to go into academia??? The interview went downhill from there lol

About the Ads
About the Ads
May 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
i assume WSUOM assumes you do not need a second look because you do not have a choice and are not accepted elsewhere or on a waiting list elsewhere
uhhhhh that's p rude if that is the case? it could just be a mistake bc their admin is disorganized?

Last edited:

harryw

7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
It is not rude or misguided but efficient, and it directs efforts and focuses resources. The Admin is efficiently utilizing its time and resources to be effective and efficiently competent.
efficacy

May 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
It is not rude or misguided but efficient, and it directs efforts and focuses resources. The Admin is efficiently utilizing its time and resources to be effective and efficiently competent.
respectfully disagree. second look is an opportunity for students to meet potential roommates and familiarize themselves with where they will spend their next four years. even if students don't have a decision to make, on the principle of treating each student equally and fairly, all measures should be taken to ensure that every admitted student is given an opportunity to attend. Also, second look is now online, so it should be little to no burden to involve every admitted student. Again I'm not claiming that the school is excluding people on purpose, I am just as willing to believe that it was an organizational error on their part.

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Non-Student
If I go to second visit day without an invite, will I get accepted immediately?
I drove 500 miles overnight through a snowstorm when my flight was canceled 18 hours before my interview, and still ended up on the wait list, LOL. I think you should go for it, though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

About the Ads
Oct 10, 2018
Interesting, how would they know if we hold other med school acceptances? Either way, I have 2 other A's and didn't get invited for 2nd look day.
AMCAS shares your status with the schools’ admissions teams. From what I understand, they can see either that you’ve been accepted to at least one other school or not, but they can’t see how many acceptances you have or which schools.

Feb 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
hey guys,

i see some people from february already heard back. i interviewed 1/31 and still haven't... should i be concerned?

Aug 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
hey guys,

i see some people from february already heard back. i interviewed 1/31 and still haven't... should i be concerned?
Better to not have heard anything than to have heard something and be waitlisted. In your position, there is still a chance you get accepted outright. So you are in a good spot.

Reactions: docrose and J722
Nov 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
will wayne state still be making decisions amid all of this carona chaos? or is the cycle also on hold?

The Big Lebowski

5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
will wayne state still be making decisions amid all of this carona chaos? or is the cycle also on hold?
Who knows -- It likely depends on the committee's ability to meet virtually/remotely. Wayne is already notorious for pulling people off the waitlist right up until classes start, so I don't know how they could delay things too much unless they move their start back for the incoming class. This virus has flipped the world upside down, though, so anything is a possibility at this point.

Nov 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interesting, how would they know if we hold other med school acceptances? Either way, I have 2 other A's and didn't get invited for 2nd look day.
Same!! I got like tons of A but Wayne was my first A so maybe they don't know that I have like acceptances now? otherwise it makes no sense that I didn't get a second look invite

Dec 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Same!! I got like tons of A but Wayne was my first A so maybe they don't know that I have like acceptances now? otherwise it makes no sense that I didn't get a second look invite
I on the other hand am waiting for one acceptance and I'm on the waitlist. Gonna hit them up with a letter of intent by the end of the month cuz this is where I want to be.

May 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
hi hi all! does anyone know whether Wayne is thinking about delaying the start date due to the COVID situation? it's quite early, but I am in Boston, and everything is shutting down...

chocolover777

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
hi hi all! does anyone know whether Wayne is thinking about delaying the start date due to the COVID situation? it's quite early, but I am in Boston, and everything is shutting down...
I was just thinking the same thing. We are to start July 13th, but with everything I'm hearing it doesn't seem like things are to be settled by then. But I'm trying to remain hopeful!! Keep social distancing please!!

May 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was just thinking the same thing. We are to start July 13th, but with everything I'm hearing it doesn't seem like things are to be settled by then. But I'm trying to remain hopeful!! Keep social distancing please!!
especially with Step 1 being pass/fail, I feel like it wouldn't be the end of the world if we started a little late? maybe i am just very naive.

chocolover777

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
especially with Step 1 being pass/fail, I feel like it wouldn't be the end of the world if we started a little late? maybe i am just very naive.
I agree! I definitely think (incoming) M1s get the long end of the stick, especially as most lectures can be streamed (but I'm not sure about orientation, CPR certs, etc.; maybe those could be postponed?). I really feel for M3s especially who've had their clerkships cut short or those on rotations.

About the Ads