2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just realized I completely spaced the telehealth assessment. Guessing it's an R for me :blackeye:

Members don't see this ad.

Do you get a complete email from this school when your secondary is under review?

Just realized I completely spaced the telehealth assessment. Guessing it's an R for me :blackeye:

To be frank, I definitely spaced a part of it too. The traditional interview went good for me I think. I'm sure you're fine! We often judge ourselves extra harsh, especially after interviews.

EDIT: I also hope they have a "drop the lowest score" system in place like some other schools do for their interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected post-Interview just now....but I forgot to do my telehealth sooo I'm not surprised lol. Don't be like me y'all :p

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
To be frank, I definitely spaced a part of it too. The traditional interview went good for me I think. I'm sure you're fine! We often judge ourselves extra harsh, especially after interviews.

EDIT: I also hope they have a "drop the lowest score" system in place like some other schools do for their interviews.

Haha I really appreciate the encouragement, but when I say I spaced it I mean I forgot it was a thing and did not do it :p

Got an application update email stating I am still being considered for class of 2025 and an acceptance may be possible should openings arise this morning, post interview; anyone else have that experience, and if this is a waitlist or?

Got an application update email stating I am still being considered for class of 2025 and an acceptance may be possible should openings arise this morning, post interview; anyone else have that experience, and if this is a waitlist or?
When was your interview/Telehealth ?

Last edited:
Wait-list post-II.
Interview on October 21 and Telehealth on the 28th.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Rejected pre II. Good luck everyone!

Sorry to hear. Would you mind sharing when we're you completed? I'm assuming my R is coming soon too. Completed since August but its all silent lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get a similiar email as I did? And I had my interview October 14, Telehealth on 21!
Seems like it. It said "I'm still being considered for a class of 2025" and that if openings arise an acceptance is possible.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works and do they accept many students off of it?

Got an II on 11/2! App Completed 08/27. When did y'all hear from them about when your telehealth assessments are scheduled? I haven't heard anything from them since by scheduling confirmation, and my interview's in a week.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I was complete 08/04, and I’m out of state but still surprised to not have heard anything back yet. Does this school have a preference for in-state applicants? I’m sorry if this has been asked before, this is my first time coming to this thread and I haven’t taken a look through it yet.

From my understanding, they don't really have a reference to OOS or IS. I'm OOS, just got my II maybe 2 weeks ago after almost 2 months of waiting. With everything going on, you just have to be patient.

• Love
Hey guys! I was complete 08/04, and I’m out of state but still surprised to not have heard anything back yet. Does this school have a preference for in-state applicants? I’m sorry if this has been asked before, this is my first time coming to this thread and I haven’t taken a look through it yet.
You aren't alone. Complete 8/3 here, also OOS and total silence

• Care
Any interview tips for 11/11? I never got any information on a Telehealth assessment. I'm going to assume it's somehow in that day? Not sure!!

• Care
Any interview tips for 11/11? I never got any information on a Telehealth assessment. I'm going to assume it's somehow in that day? Not sure!!

You'll get an email a few days before your interview with all the information for the day. My interview was very chill and pleasant, don't stress. At the bottom of your info email will have when you are scheduled for your telehealth assessment. Mine was the wednesday of the week following my interview so I forgot to do it.... don't be me!!

You'll get an email a few days before your interview with all the information for the day. My interview was very chill and pleasant, don't stress. At the bottom of your info email will have when you are scheduled for your telehealth assessment. Mine was the wednesday of the week following my interview so I forgot to do it.... don't be me!!
Hey thank you I really appreciate the information and advice!!!

Hi! I still haven't received an email from ATSU regarding my interview - I don't know anything yet, when it starts, the format, etc. My interview is tomorrow! What time did your interviews start? Including the timezone?? I emailed them, I checked my junk mail but I don't have anything.

Hi! I still haven't received an email from ATSU regarding my interview - I don't know anything yet, when it starts, the format, etc. My interview is tomorrow! What time did your interviews start? Including the timezone?? I emailed them, I checked my junk mail but I don't have anything.

Have you tried calling them? They are pretty responsive, at least in my experience!

I would definitely call/email. I got my schedule and everything 10 days before my email. Mine started at 9am Arizona time (double-check this because it isn't the same as Pacific now with daylight savings)

I would definitely call/email. I got my schedule and everything 10 days before my email. Mine started at 9am Arizona time (double-check this because it isn't the same as Pacific now with daylight savings)
Oh gosh okay. Dang idk why I haven't gotten anything. I called and emailed and it went to voicemail. I'm tweaking a bit now! Lol.

Hm my email stated, " Please disregard any information you have previously received regarding the Telehealth session as it will not be a part of your interview day. "

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hm my email stated, " Please disregard any information you have previously received regarding the Telehealth session as it will not be a part of your interview day. " I have not received any information regarding the Telehealth session as of yet.

i have heard they’re stopping it

• Wow
Hey guys! I have an interview coming up here and I’m just curious about what to expect. Is it open or closed file? Traditional or MMI style? Low stress or high stress? Any thoughts or answers are welcome! Thank you :)

Hey guys! I have an interview coming up here and I’m just curious about what to expect. Is it open or closed file? Traditional or MMI style? Low stress or high stress? Any thoughts or answers are welcome! Thank you :)
Hi! Just had mine today: open, traditional, and low stress. It was laid back, and my interviewers were all very low stress and nice people. Hoping for good news! :)

• Love
For those of you who have had your decision after your interview, what was your turn around time? They mentioned 4-5 weeks, and I'm wondering if there is hope for any sooner? Thanks in advance :)

II at the end of last month but respectfully declined the offer. Hoping it goes to someone else as this seems like a great school.

For those of you who have had your decision after your interview, what was your turn around time? They mentioned 4-5 weeks, and I'm wondering if there is hope for any sooner? Thanks in advance :)

I heard back in ~2 weeks

Is anyone else on the waitlist for an interview or were previously on the waitlist and eventually got an interview? Just wondering what the movement/timeline was like

If you were accepted, can you explain the process of finding out which CHC you are assigned to? From my understanding, after you are accepted, you pay a $1000 deposit and then get to rank your CHCs afterwards. How long does it take for you to find out which CHC you are assigned to after you are accepted and also after you have ranked your CHCs? After that, I believe you place another $1000 deposit to secure your spot at the CHC? Can someone verify all this?

Pre II rejection. OOS. 504, 3.17 sGPA, 3.27 cGPA. Major upward trend (4.0 senior year), thousands of volunteer hours, non trad with extensive leadership experience. Medical scribe for 1 yr and now phlebotomist. Complete 10/9.

• Care
  • Wow
completed in JUNE and haven't heard a single thing..... Please tell me I'm not the only one:unsure:

Reactions: 6 users
completed in JUNE and haven't heard a single thing..... Please tell me I'm not the only one:unsure:
Complete late Sept and no news
I feel like no news, is good news. But do you guys have all aspects of your app ready to review? DO letter, shadowing, CHC experiences, MCAT score, leadership, etc.
Although those are not "required", I think they are preferred so maybe they're sorting it by that preference? Just speculation lol since I was complete in September and am on hold. I have all those boxes checked plus some other extra things